Author Topic: Episode 754: Slow-Rolling Into Our Obituary  (Read 1144 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 754: Slow-Rolling Into Our Obituary
« on: January 16, 2022, 08:08:54 AM »

Itagaki was best known for his work on the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden series, although his latest achievement was deceiving Nintendo to publish an absolute pile of garbage and to post a terrorist video to their socials.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/59381/episode-754-slow-rolling-into-our-obituary

We demanded emails, and you delivered. Excited to meet young emails in your area, looking to meet you, we speed ran a New Business mostly focused providing updates. James has cleared Langrisser I and started a second run to see how much the branching paths actually branch. It turns out, quite a lot. Greg is "playing" famed NFT series Castlevania, with Castlevania Advance Collection. "Playing" must be some new thing, I'm only familiar with "paying;" glad to see Konami try new things. He also kicks off a discussion of this week's Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Pokémon Legends: Arceus promotional videos. Jon has cleared Halo Infinite, and found the plot is more aspirational than actual. Lastly, Guillaume has embraced words with social media virus Wordle and the closing hours of The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

After a break, we dive into our inbox. We only managed to finish two emails this week, but they're robust topics: what people in the gaming sphere likely have pre-written obituaries and why can't we slow this industry down so someone can keep up with it. You can pre-write our obituaries by sending an email.

We've had some reports of getting emails bounced by our provider as "spam." We're looking into it, but if you're having issues the link above lets you submit them via a webform. That does appear to be working fine. So, please keep emailing. It's great.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 754: Slow-Rolling Into Our Obituary
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 09:27:01 PM »
Another great episode and a fun history lesson with that last question. I appreciate the detail and nuance these topics get, rather than just making stuff up because it sounds true.

Like Triangle Strategy being developed by the same team that worked on Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, using a heavily modified version of the Disaster Day of Crisis engine.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 754: Slow-Rolling Into Our Obituary
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 09:43:16 PM »
From the team that brought you Balan Wonderworld and Sleeping Dogs: Triangle Strategy
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report