Author Topic: Axiom Verge Developer: Wii U Port Coming Next Year, Need Help With 3DS  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

For once, you should read the comments even if it's not fully confirmed.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/40576/axiom-verge-developer-wii-u-port-coming-next-year-need-help-with-3ds

A year after Jonny Metts famously called out Reggie Fils-Amie about Axiom Verge, the Metroid homage may be coming to Wii U.

A comment posted on a Destructoid article about games similar to Metroid from Axiom Verge developer Thomas Happ states the game is coming to Wii U next year, and although they want to get the game on 3DS as well, hardware differences may prevent the project from happening.

"I can't commit to anything, but Axiom Verge will *probably* be available for Wii U in 2016. 3DS is quite a bit more difficult since the hardware is so completely different. Should Nintendo be reading this and decide to lend me a hand, that'd be VERY appreciated!!" - Thomas Happ

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
I thought this was never going to happen due to the engine being completely incompatible?

Not the biggest fan of Metroid-likes and it wasn't even on my radar until Dr Metts brought it up on RFN, however he gave it such glowing praise I would be unable to resist a Wii U version.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The engine is not incompatible with Wii U, it's just that neither Nintendo nor the engines creators had adapted it to work with Wii U (so a developer would either have to do it themselves or re-code it in another engine).

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
By far the bet Metroid-related (or at least, inspired) news to come out of the past week.
At least someone understands what Metroid fans want... even if Axiom Verges makes a few missteps of it's own.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
In the meantime, get hyped for SOUL AXIOM!

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Great news, look forward to play this game on my gamepad!  :cool;

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
This is good news, but I'm still more interested in the Vita version.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent