Author Topic: MegaMan X Collection (Gamecube)  (Read 5187 times)

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
MegaMan X Collection (Gamecube)
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:05:54 AM »
Hey, i've been searching for the MegaMan X Collection disk online and everywhere I go they are sold out.  Those sites list them at $19.99 plus tax and shipping, but they don't say when they will be back in stock.  I found a brand new one on ebay (I refuse to buy used games online for fear that they won't work) for about $40 including shipping. 

I don't know much about this game.  Should I wait for god knows how long before these stores get this game in stock again?  Or am I better off just paying double the regular price and getting it off ebay?  Or is it not worth $40?   Thanks for any advice.

Edit:  I think this is the right place it ask this.  If not, I apologize.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:07:33 AM by BoB007 »

Offline walkingdead2

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Re: MegaMan X Collection (Gamecube)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:12:42 AM »
i have it and i cant say its worth 40. i would pay no more than 30 bucks for it.  you do get 1-8 plus the arcade games and a few other extras, but its a hard game to play with the control set up that they have. and you cant customize it.  but on the plus side you also dont get the lag that you got from overtaxing the nes hardware that you got before.

like i said if you can find it for 30 jump on it... but no more just wait it out.

Offline BoB007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:18:24 AM »
But do you think these sites still sell this game?  They could have had the "sold out" message for the past year for all i know, and the game is, what? 2-3 years old?

On a second note, what about the MegaMan Anniversary Collection.  I think it's MegaMan 1-8 plus some bonus stuff.  It's going for about $20.  Mayble I'll get that first and wait this out.   I just really miss playing MegaMan X.  Haven't played it since I was little.  Good memories.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:32 AM »
You're thinking of the MegaMan Anniversary Collection, dead.  Bob's talking about the X collection, which has fully customizable controls.  The only negative I've noticed with it is that X3 is the PC version or something, which I guess is an improvement in some ways, but the charge sound bugs me.
GOREGASM!

Offline walkingdead2

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:12:42 AM »
yup your right. oops.  i dont have the x collection... never really liked those games.

sorry.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »
how can you not find it? theres tons of them used at gamestops around me.

Yeah X3 is the PC/PS/Saturn version (one of those three anyway) with FMV's and japanese versions of the music. I actually wished they had the SNES version because that was the one X game i never got to play on its original system.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »
I would say you are pretty safe buying a used copy on eBay. Disc based games tend to be easier to repair if the disc is not working properly. Cartridges provided a larger array of issues if it wasn't working, with a disc there can only be two problems, dirty disc or scratches. Both problems can be easily solved, most game stores offer buffing services for a buck or two.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »
I've never had a problem buying a used game on ebay or amazon, and I've been buying my games that way for years.  In addition to what Mr. Jack says, just make sure that the seller you are buying from has a decent rating. 

You might be out of luck finding it any other way.  I had a similar problem with Twin Snakes; even though some stores' sites still listed it, I couldn't actually purchase it from any of them.  I resorted to finding a copy on ebay.   
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »
Mega Man X collection is awesome.  I played the hell out of the first three games on the disc.  Don't bother with the others.

It's worth $40 if you're a fan of the Mega Man games (or 2D action-platformers in general).  As Smoke39 said, the controls are customizable on the X collection but they aren't on the original collection, so you might want to be wary of the first one.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »
The first Mega Man X is an absolute classic and is one of my favourite SNES games and I like a LOT of SNES games so that's a big compliment.  I haven't played X2 or X3 but I really want to find copies of them at some point and have the whole SNES trilogy.

I think the first game doesn't get it's due because the series hasn't maintained a high level of quality.  Mega Man 2 and 3 are still highly regarded but Capcom stopped the main "Mega Man" series so long ago that they avoid backlash while the Mega Man X series has clearly overstayed its welcome.  But the first is really good.  It's pretty much what one would expect from Mega Man going 16-bit.  It's just so much bigger while still feeling true to the original.  It's kind of like Super Metroid is to Metroid.

Though I suspect that critics weren't so enthusiastic about the Playstation Mega Man X games largely because they were 2D.  2D on consoles gets a bad rap and it's not uncommon for new Metal Slug games and such to get bashed by critics for having "out of date" game mechanics.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
If stores don't have it now they never will, nobody makes GameCube games anymore.

Offline BoB007

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'm going to check my gamestop for any used ones.  If they don't have any ill either wait it out or give in and buy it on ebay for $40.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »
I've never had a problem buying a used game on ebay or amazon, and I've been buying my games that way for years.  In addition to what Mr. Jack says, just make sure that the seller you are buying from has a decent rating.

If nothing else, you can easily acquire a refund through PayPal.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 11:29:39 PM »
I have a near mint copy that I only played one time, I'd sell it for a real bargain if you want PM me.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"