Sifu
0 (0%)
Stray
2 (40%)
The Last of Us - Part 1
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 13, 2022, 11:36:17 AM

Author Topic: 2022 NWR Forum Awards - Best PlayStation Game  (Read 6072 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
2022 NWR Forum Awards - Best PlayStation Game
« on: December 03, 2022, 11:36:17 AM »
The 2022 NWR Forum Awards
Best PlayStation Game
The results of the poll will only be revealed once the voting is done (December 13). You should be able to change your vote until then. Make sure to sound off in the comments if the game is on your backlog as we can have a separate award for that. Even though the official nominees list is closed, you can still reply with a write-in. Best of luck to all the nominees.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: 2022 NWR Forum Awards - Best PlayStation Game
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
I voted for Horizon Forbidden West here and with The Game Awards (which allows you to vote for up to ten choices!). But I wanted to give a shout out to Stray which is on my backlog and probably my most anticipated backlogged game. I am still finishing Sackboy but I hope to get to it soon. I was fine with the PS4 version of The Last of Us and did not enjoy the previous God of War as much as most people so I am not planning to get either of those.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 11:12:14 AM »
Congratulations to the winners of The Game Awards
  • God of War Ragnorok won Best Action/Adventure, Best Narrative, Best Score and Music, Best Audio Design, Best Performance, and Innovation in Accessibility
  • Stray won Best Indie and Best Debut Indie
  • Grand Turismo 7 won Best Sports/Racing

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 04:42:11 PM »
As commented before, I've played none of these. However, I now see that Stray is one of the nominees so I voted for it because it is the game I'd most like to see come to Switch. It's been awhile since I've seen a game that I'm kind of jealous is PS-exclusive. If it had been released on Switch, it would have instantly been one of the most wanted titles I'd want to purchase and add to my library.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 06:18:16 PM »
As commented before, I've played none of these. However, I now see that Stray is one of the nominees so I voted for it because it is the game I'd most like to see come to Switch. It's been awhile since I've seen a game that I'm kind of jealous is PS-exclusive. If it had been released on Switch, it would have instantly been one of the most wanted titles I'd want to purchase and add to my library.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stray was a very limited timed exclusive. I expect it will probably be on Xbox and Switch as some sort of "Game of the Year" version by next Summer.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 10:14:29 PM »
Stray is exclusive? *laughs in PC*

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 01:01:24 PM »
Stray is exclusive? *laughs in PC*

Eh, laugh it up. I've heard about your version of Callisto Protocol, a version apparently screwed up by the patches being released in the wrong order, making the game nigh-unplayable.  ;)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 06:12:10 PM »
The Award for Best PlayStation Game Goes To...
Stray
This feline focused indie was released July 19, 2022 for PlayStation and Windows and was developed by BlueTwelve Studio.

The game currently has an 83 on MetaCritic with one reviewer saying "It doesn’t try to make grand statements about mankind’s hubris or shortsighted innovation. Instead, it walks you through a living, breathing city where robots have molded their own society from the ashes of another, and lets players make of humanity’s self-destruction what they will."
As the most anticipated game on my backlog it was great to see this one take home the platinum trophy. Hopefully we see a Switch port in 2023.
Thanks to everyone who voted or commented in this inaugural awards presentation!

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 09:52:50 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Stray was a very limited timed exclusive. I expect it will probably be on Xbox and Switch as some sort of "Game of the Year" version by next Summer.

It was.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 03:21:41 PM »
I cast my vote for Horizon Forbidden West both here and at The Game Awards, where you can select up to ten choices. However, I'd like to highlight Stray, currently in my backlog and holding the spot as my most anticipated game from the backlog. While I'm still completing Sackboy, I hope to dive into Stray soon. Although I was content with the PS4 version of The Last of Us and didn't enjoy the previous God of War as much as many others, I don't have plans to acquire either of those.
It's crazy how much this matches my situation from last year. I was the one person who voted for Forbidden West, I had Stray in my backlog, I was still working on Sackboy, and I passed on Last of Us and God of War for the same reasons mentioned above.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 02:26:04 PM »
I cast my vote for Horizon Forbidden West both here and at The Game Awards, where you can select up to ten choices. However, I'd like to highlight Stray, currently in my backlog and holding the spot as my most anticipated game from the backlog. While I'm still completing Sackboy, I hope to dive into Stray soon. Although I was content with the PS4 version of The Last of Us and didn't enjoy the previous God of War as much as many others, I don't have plans to acquire either of those.
It's crazy how much this matches my situation from last year. I was the one person who voted for Forbidden West, I had Stray in my backlog, I was still working on Sackboy, and I passed on Last of Us and God of War for the same reasons mentioned above.

How could a new user vote on a poll that ended a year ago? There's a reason why it's so similar....

I voted for Horizon Forbidden West here and with The Game Awards (which allows you to vote for up to ten choices!). But I wanted to give a shout out to Stray which is on my backlog and probably my most anticipated backlogged game. I am still finishing Sackboy but I hope to get to it soon. I was fine with the PS4 version of The Last of Us and did not enjoy the previous God of War as much as most people so I am not planning to get either of those.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 11:06:13 AM »
I probably should have figured that out. I don't remember having my own post regurgitated back at me before.  When I thought it was a spambot copying the words of someone else on the internet I thought maybe I have a like minded soul out there. Now I just feel violated.