Author Topic: Nintendo Announces Metroid Prime Bundle  (Read 13676 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Nintendo Announces Metroid Prime Bundle
« on: August 04, 2004, 06:00:45 AM »
Get a double dose of Metroid action this fall.

NINTENDO DELIVERS A BUNDLE OF BADASS: GET METROID PRIME AND A BONUS DISC -- FREE!

Learn How to Fight Like a Girl – a Butt-Kicking, Bounty-Hunting Girl

REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 4, 2004 – One of the toughest characters in the video game universe is about to become part of a powerful new package deal. Starting Aug. 15, Nintendo's Metroid® Prime Bonus Bundle gives consumers a Nintendo GameCube™ system and not one but two free discs. The first disc contains a complete version of the award-winning Metroid Prime game, while the bonus disc contains a playable demo version of the highly anticipated sequel, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.

"Other companies sell their systems starting at $150," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "No one can match Nintendo's value as we offer a Nintendo GameCube and two free discs, all at an MSRP of just $99.99."

The great value of the bundle builds on the already-strong interest in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and carries the enthusiasm into the holiday season. The bonus disc features a wealth of information about the Metroid franchise, such as:

• an exclusive playable demo of Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
  • The Metroid Chronicle, an interactive history of the Metroid franchise
  • two Metroid Prime 2 Echoes cinematic trailers
  • a stunning Metroid Prime art gallery

And the whole bonus bundle comes in a Metroid-styled Nintendo GameCube packaging. This incredible value will be available only while supplies last.

Game enthusiasts who already own a Nintendo GameCube can get the bonus disc in one of two ways, while supplies last. The bonus disc can be obtained by purchasing a one-year subscription or renewal to Nintendo Power® magazine, the official print source for product-related updates and information. The second option allows "My Nintendo" members of Nintendo.com to obtain the bonus disc by registering a Nintendo GameCube system and five eligible software titles. Complete details for both options can be found at www.nintendopower.com/metroidprime2.

Metroid Prime remains one of the most adrenaline-soaked Nintendo GameCube titles of all time, with more than 1 million units sold. Metroid Prime was named the 2003 first-person action console action game of the year by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, and was named "Game of the Year" by GameSpot.com, GameSpy.com, IGN Cube.com and Planet GameCube.com.

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, set to launch Nov. 15, sends heroine Samus Aran to explore the dual Light and Dark sides of split-dimension planet Aether. The tension-packed first-person adventure features new power-ups, a new ammo system and special suit upgrades. And for the first time in the Metroid franchise, up to four players can battle against each other in multiplayer mode using all of Samus' unique powers and abilities.

Here are a couple pictures of the bundle:

Metroid Prime Bundle GameCube Box

Metroid Prime Bundle Contents

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Announces Metroid Prime Bundle
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 06:15:04 AM »
Id rather just have the disk, thanks very much.

Offline RareWare

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo Announces Metroid Prime Bundle
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 07:23:31 AM »
Does that mean if I have 5 titles registered period for the gamecube that it will be shipped to me?  Yippee!!

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 07:44:24 AM »
"Does that mean if I have 5 titles registered period for the gamecube that it will be shipped to me? Yippee!!"

Yeah I know, I was a little skeptical at first.  But it seems if you qualified for the Zelda Disc, you may already qualify for this, provided you got a couple of Nintendo games from then till now.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 07:54:02 AM »
Five games is a little steep since, you know, the Zelda disc required only two games.  But I'm glad they're offering this to existing owners.

I just registered every title I have that has one of those PINs.  Five titles exactly.  I've bought very few first party titles since the registration stuff started.  Big exclusives like The Twin Snakes and Tales of Symphonia don't count.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 07:59:02 AM »
Does it have to be 5 newly registered games or do the two games used for the Zelda disc count?  That would make more sense, really...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 08:00:37 AM »
Just five games period worked for me.

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 08:07:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Five games is a little steep since, you know, the Zelda disc required only two games.

There's a big difference though. Back when the Zelda thing happened there were only 5 games that even had PIN numbers. So you need 2 out of those 5. Now there are a total of 23 games that have PIN numbers. You've also had more time to buy games. If you had the Zelda disc you needed to buy 3 mored pinned games between then and now. That doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 08:32:31 AM »
Fantastic...I assumed that the bonus disc would be available this way, but I didn't imagine there'd be all that extra stuff on the disc...

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 09:58:33 AM »
Does it need to be GameCube software, or could it be GBA games too?  I have 5 games but only 3 of which are GCN games.

EDIT:  Now that the website (nintendopower.com/metroidprime2) seems to be working, I checked and yup, GBA games count too!  
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 10:41:19 AM »
Sweet. Thanks for the info guys! Now I have a bonus disk with my name on it!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 11:14:31 AM »
Sweet. Looks like another little trip to Blockbuster for me..
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 11:16:14 AM »
Hey, that's my idea....it does work though ;-)  But shhh...don't tell anyone, it's a secret.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 11:19:20 AM »
I am one game short of 5, and I'm torn between getting a subscription to Nintendo Power or buying a NES Classic game.  They both cost $20, but which one would give me better satisfaction??? Decisions decisions decisions!!!
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2004, 11:50:33 AM »
IT LOOKS LIKE I'M GETTING ANOTHER SUBSCRIPTION.

MINI-POSTERS AND PIKMIN SKICKERS, HOO-RAH!

~~~~~

This is great, Nintendo.  It's nice to see the rewards program is ALIVE, though it'd be sweeter to see MORE than ONE little bonus disc/promo per year.  They forgot to include the "Samus VS. Reggie (aka Kraid)" poster in the package.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 12:01:22 PM »
i need to start registering my games... O_O

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 12:02:22 PM »
Hmmm... I've only registered two games. Darn. Maybe I'll go for the Nintendo Power.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 12:04:18 PM »
"It's nice to see the rewards program is ALIVE, though it'd be sweeter to see MORE than ONE little bonus disc/promo per year."

I really think it's time Ninty brought over the points thing over from Japan...*wants the Mario and Luigi controllers* >=(

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 12:13:27 PM »
Glad to live in Europe for once. I've already registered countless games. That is if we get the deal too. Meh, I don't think they will be that cruel.

Edit: On second thought, they might offer it the way they did with The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition. You'd have to pay a gazillion stars. Bah if that happens.

Offline g4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 02:56:59 PM »
Hey guys cool little bit I found out today.  This system and the bonus disk already made it to stores.  There in the back rooms waiting to be sold!!! To bad Toys'r'us CAN't sell them (not that they won't, but they really can't).  BTW-the box is cool, however it is just cardboard over an original designed Platinum box and easily comes off.  Just thought I would tell you guys this, if you didn't already know this.  If you don't beleive me go to a store to find out yourself.  I don't know if they will show it to you, considering that I know the guy at Toys'r'us and he told me not to tell anyone or he could lose his job so you didn't hear this from me
Current game(s): Tales of Symphonia; Castlevania SOTN; Doom 3
Next buy: Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red
Most wanted:Castlevania DS, Harvest Moon DS,Killer 7, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2, MP2, RE4, Star Fox 2, Tales of Phantasia (GBA)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2004, 03:03:18 PM »
Capcom better do something nice for Resi4.

~~~~~

Isn't this the first time Nintendo used "BADASS" in a press release headline?

[* Reggie types away, altering press releases, laughing hysterically.  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH BADASS hahahahahahahaahah.  The editor is nowhere to be seen *]

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2004, 03:19:08 PM »
How about a free vile of T-virus with every preorder?

oh and a zombie keychain
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 03:44:11 PM »
An e-mail I got today...

Sent :    Wednesday, August 4, 2004 2:53 PM
To :    (me)
Subject :    You're qualified for the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc!

Registration = Rewards!

You've registered your Nintendo GameCube and five games, now reap
the rewards and get the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc! This
highly anticipated sequel won't be available until November, but
you can be the first to get a sneak peek as Samus ventures into
the planet Aether, a world torn between dimensions of light and darkness.

Just let us know that you want to receive this awesome reward. It's easy,
but act now because supplies are limited!  Just go to
http://www.nintendo.com/metroidprime2.jsp, log in and choose "Yes!"

Hurry, you don't want to miss this amazing offer!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2004, 04:52:43 PM »
I got a new subscription.  I'm only 1 game away from the 5 game requirement, but I don't want to buy any of those other games.  Isn't owning a metric assload of Nintendo-published games since launch, enough?

Offline Windrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2004, 05:00:42 PM »

I WANT THE FREAKING BOX!

It looks sexy, and would be sweet on my wall.

Little note for g4ever... just because you "know a guy" there, doesn't mean it's true.  Some of those guys like to say things like that to make geeks like us go "oooh ahhh."  I'm a store manager for a Gamestop store, and we're not expecting the systems to arrive for another week or two.  The idea that stores receive titles in advance and can't put them on the shelf is a myth... it's very rare for a game to even have a street date (Doom 3 was an exception.. last one before that was Midtown Madness 3).  In fact, even before that, I can only remember a handful of titles/events to have street dates... the Gamecube and Xbox systems and 1st party games (3rd party launch titles were a go upon release), Castlevania: SotN, erm... that's it really.

Edit:  Dreamcast launch, as well... systems are street dated, but only on initial release... the Zelda bundle was NOT dated.
----
Windrunner
It's not that I hate people, I just like my computer more... and I hate people.