Author Topic: Gamecube websites...  (Read 3155 times)

Offline pimple

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gamecube websites...
« on: January 31, 2004, 05:14:13 AM »
Hi...

I've been coming to PGC since 1999 or so... I remember when their layout was green! Not only was this site the biggest and best GCN site out there, but it was also the only decent GCN site on the net... But now, as I seek my daily dose of Nintendo news, all I see is massive spam attack and very little news. I know, I know, the staff here at PGC need to earn their cash and all, and I also know that hosting a site this big isn't free either...

But still, this is 2004, and it would't be so hard to use apache and save on the host bills... Even then, though, I don't see how this site will ever be the same again... There was nothing like silly Billy and Ricky Powers in his full power...

Today I've come to realize that I need a new and better source of GCNness... I've been looking for a site with more dedicated people and hopefully less ads... I've found one in particular that caught my attention real good (http://www.ningc.com), but I want to see the whole spectrum...

So if you guys know of any PGC-like sites, please post! I'd really appreciate that!!!

much love -- Pimple

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
RE:Gamecube websites...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 06:27:09 AM »
Sorry can't really help you.  PGC is one of, if not the best for free Gamecube news.  But let me just say you have balls, bashing a site in that site's forum while asking for an alternative to that site. *whistle*
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
RE: Gamecube websites...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 07:18:34 AM »
I think deathwish is the word.  Download firebird or some pop-up blocker and be happy.  The sites posts tons of news and has a nice community built up.  If you want more GCN news, google it yourself, lazy.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 07:33:21 AM »
If you're using Internet Explorer or Netscape, you have a couple options that should work beautfiully: The better of the two is get a new browser. Uglydot suggest Firebird, which is quite possibly the best out there, but you can also try Opera, which is just as good in my opinion- both come with built in pop-up blockers, and I think Firebird even blocks fullpage ads. If you absolutely have to use IE or Netscape, get the Google Toolbar- it's a free download from Google.com and is magnificent at blocking pop-ups. Really it's almost essential, along with Adaware or Spybot, when using IE.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline pimple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 11:02:38 AM »
i've been using opera for years and i haven't seen a pop up for as long as i can remember... the point is, this site got boring about a year ago... the forums have (for the most part) narrow-minded fanboys and the news are slow... not nearly half of what it used to be... and they keep saying that "at least we're not charging you," but with so many ads (compared to the small content), I don't see the benefit... anyhoo, I'm out... let the search for a decent site continue...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 11:30:55 AM »
In that case, why are you complaining to US? If you don't like the site anymore, there are many other Nintendo fansites you could check out- I'm sure at least one of them should catch your interest.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 11:38:05 AM »
Goto IGN and stay there.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »
This isn't a topic about GameCube. I'm moving it to PGC discussion.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 02:30:52 PM »
well, actually there really havent been that much nintendo news in general lately. i went to that site you gave me and well... though they seem to update it more, some things they say are questionable. and their reviews are iffy. they give out high scores to some games that arent that great. they gave a game that they stated should be a good rental an 8.3  . i dont think that theyre as good as the writers here. its still a good site compared to others ive seen. the site is better looking than pgc's design though. ya... it does look pretty good.
not really as accesible though. and the reviews arent really that good. theyre kinda baised toward nintendo games.
All the classic tunes of the Mario have be recreated with a tropical flare
But this game (usa)... this is a link on the metroid prime review to BUY this game. and ya.
this is but a few of mistakes that really dont matter but i point out anyways.

but here are some other good sites.
http://www.gamespy.com/gcn/ or http://www.gamespy.com/gba/
http://www.nintendorks.com/ is pretty good. lots of info.
http://www.n-philes.com/

but every site has basically the same info. just in different forms. like i said, there just isnt that much information right now. not many new games either.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 11:38:58 AM »
People come here for the community, as all Nintendo news is basically trounced over by every site 1 thousand times.  Consider PGC the little dive bar at the end of the street that strangers never 'get', but the patrons are comfortable and get what they pay for.  In this case, you pay for nothing, and have plenty of objective minds in the forums, not a-holes.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 11:43:09 AM »
NO Sites better than this one, period.  IGN sold out and has been <removed> ever since.

Oh hey, circumventing the censors is a fine way to get kicked out. - Bloodworth
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 01:52:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Armed
IGN sold out and has been g@y ever since.

Spoken like a true 12 year old.

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2004, 01:29:48 PM »
hehehe, i guess i'm still young at heart.  
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline Garolden

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 05:35:49 AM »
One of the best GameCube (and GBA) sites on the 'net has to be Cubed3, it is a great site, with loads of features, razor sharp news and great forums. The best there is IMO (of course PGC is cool as well, but I feel this betters it).

Others, well there is of course Nintendojo and as someone has already mentioned www.n-philes.com.