Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Dead Thread.  (Read 73826 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Dead Thread.
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:04:22 AM »
Khushrenada, if you will, move this post to the dead thread.

Also, I was expecting to be killed after making yesterday's post. Oh well. Seems like it could be an interesting game!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Dead Thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:29:30 AM »
See you next mission.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 11:49:09 AM »
Wow!! You're a Metroid Master!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 11:51:35 PM »
Ah well, back to Animal Crossing.

I want to commend Kraid on his actions. It essentially removed all of the drawbacks of my decision to out myself early on while maintaining the benefits, since the day 1 vote record can't be erased. I do have other information I wound up taking to the grave but there's no way he would have known that and I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
A note on the current Mafia Game.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 04:48:01 AM »
I'll be blunt. I do not appreciate the tone that certain players have taken upon my death and while I was alive. I more than understand that people don't agree with my actions and honestly it was a bit shortsighted overall in retrospect and I probably wouldn't do it again. However I want to remind everyone that there are ways to express your issues with how another player has played in a respectful manner. I understand that real life is absolute hell at the moment and everyone is under a bit of stress but the amount of toxicity that I've seen during this game is unacceptable and I suspect I am not the only player who may choose not to participate in future games if this becomes the norm.

Since I know I'm not perfect in this regard, I ask that if anyone has any issues with how I am acting during the day thread in terms of how I choose to present myself or feels that I am coming across in a manner that detracts from their enjoyment of the game, I ask that they reach out and hopefully we can work something out.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 10:46:06 PM »
Pokepal, I'm not going to lie, I only took that tone because I was trying to incite being hit overnight. I wanted to help with the numbers in this game, and I didn't want to be too focused on it with a lot of stuff going on in my personal life. I did think it was a bad idea to reveal yourself, but I also didn't actually mean you were going to screw things up, and I think your previous plans have been well-thought out, but just needed some work on execution. I chose hyperbolic rhetoric on my part to get myself killed, and in retrospect, I realize I made the wrong choice.

I'm sorry about that.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:45 PM »
It's fine. I didn't think any of it was intentional. Everyone is under alot of stress with everything that's going on so everyone needs to be careful to make sure that it doesn't spill over into the game and detract from the experience of others.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 11:43:07 PM »
I figured that was going to happen.  At the very least I made this a game to remember Go Dark Samus!!!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 12:12:59 AM »
I figured that was going to happen.  At the very least I made this a game to remember Go Dark Samus!!!

Hahaha.. me too. (The guessing part, not making anything memorable. Your super bomb exit was a sight to behold though!)

I was moderately confident that I'd be taken out, as mentioned in PM to someone, and so it came to be.
Oh well. It was fun-ish while it lasted.  :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:23:38 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 12:20:51 AM »
By the way, what are the rules for the dead thread?  I assume we just don't say anything pertinent to the game and make jokes?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »
Pretty much the main rules are don't try and play the game still and help the living players with theories and such.
Keep whatever info you have to yourself weither it is true or not.  Finally just have fun and enjoy your time here while dead.

Generally speaking the Dead thread at its most funnest turns in roleplay central and just chatting with each other.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:27:10 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 12:31:05 AM »
Thanks for the clarification; all sounds reasonable.

Metroid Dread... or Metroid Dead... amirite?
Oh no, it's just us that are dead. I guess the Metroid is still doing fine. Oh well.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 12:43:12 AM »
Okay the triple pun. I am all 4 that and I can't wait to see the Echos of time that leads to the Corruption of many.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 12:45:34 AM »
I recently ran across a tumblr for Metroid Headcanons called...Metroid HeadCanons.   While I am here and till the end of the game I will pull posts from there and just have fun with things in general.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 04:41:31 PM »
What was the first Metroid game that people played?

I remember there used to be Nintendo arcade games where you would get a set amount of time to play for each quarter, and could choose from a handful of different titles. Super Mario, Metroid, Punch-Out, etc...  It was probably one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayChoice-10

Anyway, when I was a kid we didn't have enough money to buy the NES console, but I had tried some games when visiting friends. But seeing Nintendo games in an arcade was really intriguing - after begging for a quarter of course I'd give it a try!

Picking Metroid probably wasn't a good choice... not knowing you had to start out going left, or how to get into morph ball form meant that most of my 4 minutes was spent just jumping around. Not the best first impression, especially when stacked up to a more straight-forward Mario game!

Still, I was intrigued. Years later - just after the SNES was released - we did end up getting a Nintendo, and I had a chance to borrow and play through Metroid. Without a timing counting down while playing, I was absolutely thrilled to explore the caverns and search out hidden power ups. Finding secrets all over the game world, and even some weird and cool bugs. It took a lot of time and effort, but eventually I beat Mother Brain and escaped before the planet self-destructed.

Oddly, I never had the chance to play Super Metroid until getting it on Wii virtual console, but I was hooked on the series and eagerly played through all of the portable entries on GB/GBA. The series lost me a bit when going to 3D though; I didn't own a GameCube, and have never really gone back to it. What can I say? 2D is my life.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 04:59:15 PM »
Hmm I think for me it was Super Metroid.    I remember getting it shortly after it came out and I was so engrossed with it and it took some time to learn the world and I even had the Nintendo Power Players guide for it. I think it was one of the items that I could get when resubscribing to NP.   It felt really huge and at times even to this day.   I also think my first exposure to Metroid was the Super Metroid comics in NP leading up to the release of Super Metroid. Fun times.

I do remember those Play Choice-10 in malls growing up and I would play them but I don't think I player Metroid till the Wii Virtual Console. Metroid II: Return of Samus I vaguely remember playing it on my Gameboy but I didn't play it that much and it may have been after I played Super Metroid.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 06:38:13 PM »
Repohts of mah death have been heavily exaggerated. In fact, I'd even go so far as to call dem a part of an elaborate coverup.

Dey are trying to destroy me because I know da truth, but they forget that I am Ridley and I can suhvive anything.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 06:41:22 PM »
Zebes is Flat. Look at this complete map of Zebes. Can you see da coive? I can't!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 10:34:30 AM »
I want the clock Khushrenada is using...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »
Why?! It's clearly got issues!!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »
Seems to me it's giving you either the power over time, or the capability to blame it for any time-related issues you face. Either way, it is a powerful tool.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 11:33:00 AM »
While I'd like to discuss the matter further, I'm just checking the time and it seems I need to lock the Day thread and start Day 7 right now. See you 10 hours previously.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »
You told me all about that next Tuesday.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 11:37:07 AM »
Guys, not all of us watch Dr. Who, ok???
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.