Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674889 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I was like "I hope someone doesn't post that photo of Curry's fucked up looking finger" before clicking this thread.

-thinking emoji-

That being said Draymond is looking fit and ready to defend which, whew, was not expecting it to happen 4 months ago.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Dray supposedly lost 23lbs since ASB till playoffs.

oh, and the pic is now on the previous page. remind me to quote it later so it is at the top of this page aswell.:P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:04:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Can I rewind back to the whiney ass Rockets again for a second....

just wanted to share this pic from Game 1.
It shows how hard they trying to trick the Refs for fouls, and why they of all teams have no room to complain when they don't get calls.

The last pic (not the finger. lol) I posted was of harden trying to Zaza-special Steph Curry. Not even trying for the ball... just positioning himself under the shooter.
Just remember all that bitching by the Rockets in game 1 about dangerous non calls? Calling it fair? Living with the results?

This was also Rockets in game 1:
https://mobile.twitter.com/warriorsworld/status/1122652755292672001/photo/1

This is why you don't take the bait from the boy who cried wolf.
This shot happens to Curry so often, he already adapted to landing limp to avoid injury.

Here is Harden lawn chairing Draymond.

you can see Harden's take off spot, how he jumped forward, but then kicked his legs out for the contact at the end. Draymond approached, and landed at the 3pt line, where Harden had to reach a lil further to make the contact. Refs did not fall for the BS.

edit: and Game 2....
CP3 trying to Zaza Special on Klay
https://streamable.com/ucxar

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:06:50 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So the Rockets won tonight and they looked like the more complete team I was kinda expecting them to be with the hussle, paint and 3 pt buckets and being better defensively. The Warriors are still up 2-1 but this could be a turning point for the Rockets.

In other news it looks like the Suns have found a new coach in Monty Williams for 5 years. Looking like he is going to be their coach to help with the team and the Suns new draft pick going forward.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
you trippin.

Curry was an absolute embarrassment tonight.
from the missed 7 layups and self rim checked dunk, Steph is the reason the Dubs lost the game tonight. I left the house dub'd up tonight and i had to explain the bullshit that went down tonight several times..... i was embarrassed for the warriors tonigh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I need this shirt....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Warriors lost last night in OT.

But they shouldn't have. Curry literally missed 6 layups and a wide open uncontested dunk
Curry **** the bed this game. I expect the Dubs to blow out the Rockets on Monday. There is absolutely no way Curry can be THAT bad 2 games in a row.
Surprisingly, Draymond was great. The game started off good, and then at one point, from the last 3 minutes of 1st to into the first 3 minutes of the 2nd the Warriors only scored 1 point. Went from up 9, to down 9, and then played catch up for the rest of the game.
Curry will be making Shaqtin a Fool after this one. for the blown dunk alone, but also for all the missed layups too.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Time left in Warrior game!? 11.1 seconds.

11.1 = 3x1's
Houston has 111pts....
111 = 3x1's

not so sure about this..... 3-1 is a haunting number for Steph and the Warriors.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
you trippin.

Am I now that it is tied up now with 2 games a piece?

I think the bench is going to make a difference in this series. Yeah the Warriors starting 5 is really great but I think having those few extra players are going to make a difference.  I also think that rebounding is going to play a strong role in this series. I think the Rockets have more energy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
another game the Warriors shouldn't have lost.... but it came down to rebounds, and not even attempting to get them for 80% of the game.

Literally, 4-5 offensive rebounds that lead to a few extra buckets, and a few defensive rebounds that prevent a few extra buckets, and that basically wins them 90% of the games they lost.

There is seriously no effort on rebounds. no box outs. everyone just retreats to defense once a shot goes up, unless they're named McKinney or Jerebko. Half the time, a Warrior or 2 just need to stick around for 2-3 more seconds, and the ball would literally bounce right to them.
or instead of ball watching and retreating, find a body and box them the **** out. FUNDAMENTALS.
it's part of the damn game. they better stop waiting till the game is almost over then trying to fight for the offensive rebounds. Game coulda been won earlier if 1-2 just kinda hung around, and maybe if just 1 actually tried to position themselves for the rebound.

Cousins would've been so damn handy in this series. He slows us down, but the brotha can rebound and score in the paint.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Not gonna lie, after a rocky start, this series has begun to make me happy.  I'm thinking this can go to 7 and basically would've come down to the officiating in game 1.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
https://deadspin.com/the-lakers-bumbling-courtship-of-tyronn-lue-appears-to-1834626082

I honestly don't know who's worse. The Lakers for this ****-show of a coaching search, or Lue thinking he deserves championship $$ cause he rode LeBron's coattails to a championship.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I wish I had any skill worth $6 million a year.

EDIT: Let me rephrase this - I wish I had any skill someone was willing to pay me $6 million a year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:23:56 PM by Adrock »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
https://deadspin.com/the-lakers-bumbling-courtship-of-tyronn-lue-appears-to-1834626082

I honestly don't know who's worse. The Lakers for this ****-show of a coaching search, or Lue thinking he deserves championship $$ cause he rode LeBron's coattails to a championship.

I dunno, only one other coach has gotten LeBron to the promised land.

I personally think they should've just paid him what he wanted.  Get the guy LeBron likes so that there's at least some appeasement.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
LeBron is staying out of the coaching decision and the Ty Lue deal fell apart over contract disputes and who the front office wants for the assistant coach.   Sigh.... Jason Kidd

So now they are looking for a second round of head coaches.  https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/5/8/18537579/lakers-rumors-lionel-hollins-frank-vogel-mike-woodson-jason-kidd-juwan-howard
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So it is looking like the Bucks are going to advance to the Conference finals. Kyrie didn't show up and things are in doubt for him returning to the Celtics this season. Maybe he teams up with Dyrant in New Yourk with Zion if they get the first pick. He could also join the Lakers or Utah to help along things for both franchises.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well Klay, Curry and Durant showed up this game and they won. I would look concerned about the right calf strain on Durant going forward if I were the Warriors. That would be 2 major injuries this post season if Durant goes down.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Warriors were REBOUNDING. Offensive and Defensive rebounds.
the 2nd chance attemps put us up almost double the Rockets score early on and left us with a 17pt lead at one point.

They relaxed on the effort during the 3rd, and the Rockets got back in it.

I mean, Durant got the ball stolen by Tucker(?) who was falling out of bounds in the corner. instead of putting on the press and forcing him to make a bad pass, he just immediately retreats to the backcourt.
Majority of offensive rebounds dried up as the Warriors relaxed in the lead coming into the 2nd half. that's where things got close.

But i'm really glad Curry stepped up after Durant got hurt. He really gotta stop playing Beta to Durant's Alpha. They are supposed to be Alpha1 and Alpha2.
Durant is supposed to make this easy, not just possible, and Curry decided to be what we needed him to be and that was more aggressive.

Good win, but it never should have been so close.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:29:44 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Hats off the Green and Looney for getting in there for the rebounds.

Now if Durant is down for the series then they are going to have to fall back to some of the key pieces to that 73-9 team like Curry, Klay, Green, Bogut, Iggy, Livingston, Looney but they aren't going to have as good of a bench that that team had so they may need to wrap up series quickly if they want to advance to the Finals.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
They said it was a right claf strain... but he was grabbing just below calf, in the achilles(?) area.
Hopefully he is good to go for the next game, as I really don't want to push this to 7.

Blazers Nuggets looks to hopefully go 7, so Warriors need to rest up.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
If it's a calf strain he's done for the series. Last time he injured his calf he was out for 7 days. Maybe he plays in Game 7.

This is it for Houston. If they can't beat GS with their main star down, and their two other stars playing like poop they're never going to win it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
last time he was out w/ a Calf strain was when? regular season?
This is the playoffs. If he doesn't play next game, and for whatever reason we don't win game 6, if he's capable of playing in game 7, he will play.

But as long as Curry steps up and Klay can hit some shots, along with Dray and Looney continuing to chase rebounds on both ends of the court, I think we'll be fine. Just gotta watch out for Eric Gordon, he is the one that keeps Houston afloat, as we keep giving him open looks and he's been nailing them.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Kinda disappointing that Houston couldn't steal a win with KD out, but I doubt he'll play next game, which will stretch it to game 7.  But yeah, KD being out for 7 days the last time he had this injury is worrisome, but who knows how much of that was precautionary.  Sitting out one game is an option, but game 7 shouldn't be.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Despite losing Cousins and having Durant out for a game, Golden State is dangerous - this just changes where the threats come from. But it does remove the sense of inevitability with an MVP-caliber player out. Still, I trust Golden State more than Houston in pressure situations. Harden and Paul have fallen short too often to earn trust - they have to prove it on the court.

Any calls in the Eastern conference? Raps vs Sixers tonight should be interesting; I hesitantly said Toronto in 6 before the series started, but it feels like a toss up now. I still think that Raptors should win the series, but game-to-game success depends on which supporting players manage to show up.
NNID: ejamer