Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 678579 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: The NBA Thread: Now with only Warriors and Cavs!
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
Value Divac is so bad. Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of Franchise Mode in 2k17 can probably do a better job as GM than him.

I feel bad for Buddy Hield. Dude's career is probably in the toilet now all because Vivek Ranadive has some insane, unrealistic expectations of him.

Buddy even named his dog Nola, in honor of the city.  Losing him kinda stung, and I know some fans who don't feel comfortable losing draft picks and Buddy for a guy who could walk at the end of the season.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2017, 08:18:07 PM »
he's under contract for 1.5 years.
He's also good friends w/ A. Davis and sounded very enthusiastic about NOLA at his press conference today. Something about it being "meant to be", and "seeing the signs". He talked about how he and Davis complement each other's game and how the potential is "scary", so it could be interesting. I just hope that should they make 8th seed, the Warriors shut them down in 5 or less games.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:44:36 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2017, 11:56:00 PM »
For whatever reason, I thought his contract was up this year.  That makes me feel better about the deal.  Climbing to the 8th seed would be a pyrrhic victory at best.  Hopefully they can fill some other needs for when the Warriors collapse when they finally have to pay Steph.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »
Vivek may have committed tampering when he told Buddy Hield "we're still gonna get you" when the Kings played the Pelicans during the regular season. Because of course he would.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
Looks like Shaq took his Shaqtin a little too far in his infatuation w/ Javale McGee
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18759654/golden-state-warriors-asked-turner-sports-address-shaquille-oneal-criticism-javale-mcgee

long story short, he keeps bringing up Javale even when he didn't do anything.
he just this week dropped a Doctor Strange McGee video singling out McGee mistakes
and once again McGee confronts Shaq online to chill the **** out, but Shaq responds w/ threats of violence.

Today Durant and Kerr both came to Javale's defense, and Shaq told KD to stay out of it.

Now I love Shaqtin a Fool as much as anyone, but his obsession w/ Javale is just weird. I know he feels Javale "disrespected" him in his response to constant beratement, but Shaq comes across as a disillusioned Bully in the situation.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:27:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
Some NBA protest is going down right now. This **** is crazy.

Warriors vs Spurs tonight on ABC

Kawhi is out on concussion protocol from loss in game vs OKC

Warriors lose another on a bad road trip, and Kerr decides to rest some players in protest of terrible scheduling and BULLSHIT refereeing.
Curry, Klay, Dray and Iggy all sit out for game tonight vs Spurs.

so this morning it's announced that LaMarcus Alridge is out indefinitely due to heart arrhythmia.
and I guess just now it was announced that Tony Parker and Dejounte Murray are also resting for the Spurs.

So tonight has become a game of Bench and Roleplayers for primetime NBA on ABC.

there is no way something doesn't come of this right?
San Antonio fans must be pissed, ABC must be mad, and Adam Silver has got to be drafting up some anti-resting rule changes for the league as we speak, right?

the scheduling has to do with flying back and forth cross country for road games, especially when they are back to back games.
and the referee complaint is plain as day obvious if you just watch the last game vs Timberwolves.

The Timberwolved had a foul to give, and purposely kept fouling step to "give the foul" and the refs just wouldn't call it. Steph ended up making a layup, pissed for a no call, stole the ball, made another, and then tried to steal again before being called for a foul himself. so obviously the refs whistles were swallowed

The same thing happened again later in the game. and usually always against Steph.
I really just don't understand how hard or blatant you have to foul the guy for him to get a foul called.
It's amazing when he makes the shot/layup anyway, but it's still bullshit that just because he still showed a high percentage chance at making the shot, they just refuse to blow the whistle.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:44:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2017, 12:43:31 AM »
Russel Westbrook is now the 1st person in 55 years to average a triple double for the season, and the 2nd person in NBA history to have 43(?) triple doubles in a season.

He didn't get one tonight, but watching him give up on the game and just try to get 2 more assist was quite funny and sad as Booker and the Suns denied him at every opportunity...w/ an assist from Adams (on OKC) who refused to either take an assisted shot or make one. LOL

you got 3 more games Russ, you averaging a triple double in at least every other game. I'm sure you'll get the record.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »
Crazy BBall day today.

yesterday Durant returns, good game. expected Warriors win 14 game win streak leading up to the Playoffs. 13 of them w/o Durant.

But today, The Cavs lose to the Hawks after being up 26pts in the 4th Qtr.
Hawks sub in the 2nd squad, who was responsible for the 114-100 win against the Cavs on Fri in Cleveland. Todays game they came back w/ 44pts in the 4th to Cav's 18, tied the game for OT.
Lebron fouls out in OT, Love almost fouled out, but they reversed the call. Lue benches him anyway.
Kyrie hits a clucth buzzer beater 3, but it was too late as the Cavs lost by 1 pt.
I don't know how the Cavs managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of Victory, but they did it!!!
Congrats Lebron, you must be proud.

Then Russel Westbrook manages to get his Triple Double Record after failing to force about 1 dozen assist. and thankfully it finally happened when he decided he needed the win more than the record, because as soon as he got it, he was able to focus on scoring. After a minor ref assist (flagrant foul + tech on Jokic) gave WB an extra point and the ball back, WB carried on to score the final 15 point for OKC including a last second buzzer beater 3 that gave OKC the 1pt lead and the win.

I don't know if that boost his campaign for MVP, but it was pretty impressive once he stopped chasing the record how he got his team the win.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2017, 12:37:43 AM »
FINALLY. SEASON IS OVER. BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!

Really feel bad about the Heat. Erik Spoelstra is legit one of the 5 best coaches in the league. To go 30-11 with that terrible roster after starting 11-30 says a lot.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »
They only needed the Hawks to shut down the Pacers, and the 8th seed was there's for the taking.
and it would have been so glorious as that would've put the Cavs vs the Bulls, and they haven't beat the Bulls all season long.

Warriors were looking in ACE condition tonight (outside of Klay) everyone was having a great game.

I find it so funny that everyone was saying that the Cavs were coasting... not caring about the regular season, etc etc etc.
Just because Lebron gave up at the end because he was frustrated that his team couldn't get it done, doesn't mean that he didn't lose twice the Hawks, playing FULL game minutes and still losing.

If he was coasting and not caring, he would have been sitting more and making his bench work w/o him win or lose. The narrative is such BS. And I honestly think he conceded 1st to the Celtics because he knew he didn't want to face the Bulls round 1. and if he could, I'm sure he would have conceded 2nd as well, as that would've eliminated any chance that he might have had to face the Heat too. But hopefully the Pacers give them a run for their money. and if they make it out of the 1st round, a playoff ready Raptors are waiting for them , then the finals could be challenging as well with a tested Hawks or Cavs ready Bulls.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2017, 05:55:55 AM »
Playoffs 1st round are set... anyone care to predict the outcomes? best matchups? biggest upsets?

My personal belief is that Lebron tanked at the end, not only due to frustration, but to avoid the Bulls.
If it wasn't for the Hawks resting against the Pacers, the Cavs almost got the Bulls and the Celtics would have had to take the Heat. Might have had 2 major upsets in the 1st round LOL.

The Lineup look like this:

for the East
But I'm hoping that the TNT Bulls can give the Celtics a run for their money, if not an outright upset. Wade in playoff mode, Rondo in playoff mode, paired w/ Butler and boosted by the TNT broadcast in 3 of the first 4 games, 1 of which is in Chicago. You know this one has to go atleast 6.
I'm also hoping that the Pacers show up and give the Cavs more than they expected and at least take that series to 7. Lebron may be able to flip a switch, and Kyrie may be clutch as ****, but can the rest of the team keep up?
I expect Toronto to handle the Bucks and the The Wiz the handle the Hawks. nothing much to say on those 2 matchups.

for the West
Warrior sweep on Portland... maybe 5, but no more than 1 trip to Portland for sure.
Spurs v Grizz is surely gonna be a game of executed excellence, but an absolute BORE to watch. expecting scores to hit around 75-85 each. Spurs will come out on top.
Rockets v OKC is gonna be fun to watch, Battle of the "MVP's". All comes down to shots. If they hittin' Rockets win, otherwise Thunder moves forward. and a series to watch for sure will be the Clips v the Jazz.
I know we all want the Clips to fail yet again, but wouldn't be even better if they finally make it out of the 1st round, only to look up and see the Warriors waiting for them on the home court. Such the bitter sweet ending for the Clips. I look forward to it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2017, 05:38:37 PM »
We better not get 4 games of Cavs v Pacers like this one. Pacers could have and should have won this 1st encounter.they only needed to get it inside and draw a foul, hit some freethrows and that was game.

or if PG had just hit 1 more freethrow at the end, it would be in OT right now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2017, 06:42:30 PM »
I think it was a good defensively play. You don't let the best player shoot the game winner.  That's a solid strategy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »
Bucks with the first upset over the Raptors.
Giannis in beast mode.

And the Grizz doing all the can to keep the Spurs at bay.
I'm not expecting an upset here, regardless of how well the Grizz control the scoring flow of the game.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2017, 11:47:47 PM »
welp, Memphis got stuffed and mounted above Pop's mantle. 30pt blow out. it started off well for the 1st half.

and the Clippers may have had a lucky break (pun intended) as Gobert goes down w/ a left knee sprain in the first 17 seconds of Game 1 of the playoffs.... it has yet to be seen if the Clips are determined to lose anyway though.
It's practically halftime right now and the Clips are down... so who knows.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2017, 01:13:57 AM »
I have alerts from the Score on my phone. At one point tonight I looked down at my phone and saw that Cleveland was leading the Pacers 109-94 halfway through the 4th. Less than 15 minutes later my phone buzzes again to tell me the score is 109-104 with less than 2:30 remaining. If only Paul George had some help man. Cleveland can't keep a 4th quarter lead to save their lives.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:45 AM »
Cleveland's efense can't stop me right now, full stop.

Also, Memphis's coach might want to start a GoFundMe after he tore the refs several new orifices last night.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »
Cleveland's efense can't stop me right now, full stop.

Also, Memphis's coach might want to start a GoFundMe after he tore the refs several new orifices last night.

I bet he'd get more than enough to cover his fines, and any other fines he accrues over the next 2 games as well.
And if he promises to keep it up during the rest of the playoffs, like showing up to GSW post game press conferences to repeatedly call out **** like this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td7Z36BfU7U
I'm sure he'll raise enough to cover any fines for the rest of the playoffs, and earn himself a pretty penny on the side too. LOL

I might even donate. Someone needs to keep calling out the BS calls/no-calls that keep happening. If you gonna call it one way, call it the other way too, or just don't call it at all.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2017, 05:26:43 PM »
It's official. JaVale McGee was a big factor in a Warriors playoff win.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »
JAVAAAAAAALE McMVP!!!!

Bet Shaq ain't got **** to say. McGee is my favorite new Warrior of the season. I only knew of him from Shaqtin' a Fool previously, but he has been the most exciting part of the Warriors line-up when he comes in. part of my favorite lineup.

Curry, Klay, Dray, Iggy, McGee
or
Curry, Klay, Dray, Durant, McGee

any mix of Curry, Dray, and McGee works for me.
I love Klay, Iggy and Durant too, so when any mix of that 6, with the Core 3 out there, and there's potential for a good exciting game.

edit: Oh and the Cavs getting blown out in Indiana right now, and Chuck just admitted that the Warriors play good Defense. I know it was really hard for him to say something positive about the Warriors.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »
And the Pacers lost.................

Paul George is going to look great in a Lakers uniform in 2018.

And just so we're clear, Paul George won't make the Lakers good if they don't do more than add one player (particularly if they subtract assets just to get him instead of waiting out a year). If you're going to be on a mediocre team, might as well be on Manhattan Beach while you're at it.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2017, 10:12:04 AM »
Meanwhile, in Milwaukee...

Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2017, 08:00:36 PM »
Meanwhile, in Milwaukee...

The Bucks brought them out to the Barney theme....

fucking BARNEY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftSSNVhRg2M&feature=youtu.be

and the way the game turned out... it couldn't have been more hilarious and appropriate.

that double block double block (elbow then swat) by Giannis was just monstrous. that man is a long armed beast.

But today we find out that Rajon Rondo has a hairline fracture in his thumb, and hilariously, this is teh break that the #1 seed in the East needed to finally get an edge on the #8 seed in the East to maybe finally get their first win in this opening series. Lucky for the Celtics, this game also is not on TNT, so this is their chance.

edit: also looks like Westbrook may have won MVP
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/4/21/15378112/russell-westbrook-nba-mvp-james-harden-vote-tracking
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:24:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2017, 10:22:02 AM »
I wanted to post this for those that haven't seen it
Game of Zones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EooT6gFzOxA&index=3&list=PLoqDIJHlyN3NIPW9D37rQEceGNZEiRmMX

this is the entire playlist, but the play list is backwards, so you need to start from the oldest vid at the bottom and work your way to the most recent at the top.

**** is pretty damn funny. NBA themed parody on Game of Thrones.