Author Topic: Battle of the Football Games  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Lecter

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Battle of the Football Games
« on: July 10, 2003, 06:41:18 PM »
Alright guys all the new 2004 football games are coming out, so which one will you get. Madden 2004 sounds awsome with the songs included and everything, but I never really liked the gameplay. I hated the passing system. The 2k games are my absolute favorite. Except for a few minor graphic errors like when you tackle someone but you dont touch them, this is my favorite football game. I'll be getting the football game for my PS2 since I have my speakers hooked up to it, anyway what do you guys think?
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 12:09:40 PM »
I hate the 2k series.  Its too arcadey.  I like simulation games.  Madden to me is the altimate and best football game out their.  Its the closest you can get to the real NFL.  But One arcade game i might have an interest in is EA's NFL street.  They have movies over at ign.  You should check em out.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
RE: Battle of the Football Games
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 07:51:16 PM »
Street looks awsome, but I'm going to rent it to see if I like it because for some reason it looks like Blitz. I just cant stand the passing in Madden for some reason, maybe it was because I played it on the GameCube but I just couldn't stand it. Also the players in the 2k series look skinny lol.
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 08:01:48 AM »
I tried to give the 2k series a chance, but after a month or so, there were just too many areas that lacked polish.  For instance , safetys leading the league in punt return average at 40 yards per return.  Or my whole defensive line getting 8 sacks-total-for the season!  I think madden has that extra polish, and i think its far superior.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 02:05:11 PM »
in my opinion, the football games don't get any better than the ncaa ea games.  the college atmosphere, the fight songs, the rivalry games, and the option make it such a fun game to play again and again.  anymore, it is my first choice when my friends and i play football games.

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 02:32:16 PM »
Yeah, I like the ncaa series too!  Basically, EA has the football franchise wrapped up.  Im not sure about basketball.  I like NBA2k3 better than live but its not being made for gamecube.  Now im stuck with live.  
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 06:02:18 PM »
I've  been thinking of picking up NCAA 2004. Just because I dont watch college football only pro, and theres way more teams and features. For basketball I like the 2k series but it can get repetative, so I may go with the NBA Jam thats coming out, that'll be a blast.
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?