Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 664067 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (New Splatfest! AMD vs NVDIA)
« Reply #1725 on: August 05, 2016, 11:12:02 PM »
Was that an NBA dig. LOL.

Is it that bad online? I heard a few stories, but Warriors 2k17!?  LOL

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1726 on: August 05, 2016, 11:23:10 PM »
I have friends who play NBA 2K, and they say the Warriors are incredibly OP.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 06, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
The NBA really should just cancel next season and just give Golden State the title. The best team in the league managed to sign a top three player. Yes, the Warriors were the best team last year (that Draymond Green suspension was bullshit and ruined the Finals). No, I'm not even a Warriors fan. My two favorite teams were the two worst teams last year. I should stop being a fan of things.

On topic, is there any reason to believe "happynintendofan" on Twitter has more credibility than a major publication like Eurogamer? I kind of want to dismiss what he/she says for misspelling "clarify" and using the number four instead of the word "for." Get your **** together.

At this point, I'm not on either #TeamAMD or #TeamNvidia. I was on the former; now I don't care. I'm on #TeamJustUnveilNXAlready.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 06, 2016, 12:29:30 AM »
I have friends who play NBA 2K, and they say the Warriors are incredibly OP.

Was that an NBA dig. LOL.

Is it that bad online? I heard a few stories, but Warriors 2k17!?  LOL

Might as well give it an extra few months and go with next year's games at that point. Warriors 2k17 and WWE launch within like, two weeks of each other around the first part of October.

Stephen Curry (the human) is often described as a human cheat code. So yes. The Warriors in a video game are extremely OP.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 06, 2016, 01:08:28 AM »
The NBA really should just cancel next season and just give Golden State the title. The best team in the league managed to sign a top three player. Yes, the Warriors were the best team last year (that Draymond Green suspension was bullshit and ruined the Finals). No, I'm not even a Warriors fan. My two favorite teams were the two worst teams last year. I should stop being a fan of things.

At this point, I'm not on either #TeamAMD or #TeamNvidia. I was on the former; now I don't care. I'm on #TeamJustUnveilNXAlready.

I 100% agree, but that is a topic for a different discussion in an NBA thread that apparently doesn't exist, because I looked for it during this past season... but I also didn't want to start it just to boast about Curry and the boys. Especially when they ultimately lost gm7 after being cheated in several different ways after gm4 and during gm6.

and I'm on #TeamWakeMeWhenTheShowStarts

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 06, 2016, 01:41:52 AM »
Stephen Curry (the human) is often described as a human cheat code. So yes. The Warriors in a video game are extremely OP.

On Topic, #TeamPowerPC forever.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 06, 2016, 01:54:59 AM »
I don't care about basketball at all, I find it incredibly boring to watch, but as a general Cleveland sports fan everybody in this thread can suck it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 06, 2016, 04:12:12 AM »

On topic, is there any reason to believe "happynintendofan" on Twitter has more credibility than a major publication like Eurogamer? I kind of want to dismiss what he/she says for misspelling "clarify" and using the number four instead of the word "for." Get your **** together.

guy has access to stuff that an everyday fan doesn't have access to, he appears legit.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 06, 2016, 04:26:08 AM »
guy has access to stuff that an everyday fan doesn't have access to, he appears legit.
So does Eurogamer, Emily Rogers etc. and you've pretty much dismissed them outright because what they said didn't line up with what you want. It's weird. What does it matter which company partners with Nintendo?

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 06, 2016, 04:34:35 AM »
http://www.nintengen.com/2016/08/the-facts-nintendo-nx-using-nvidia-or.html

There was a report recently by Eurogamer indicating that Nvidia is working with Nintendo for the chipset of the Nintendo NX Portable Console device. However, there is no evidence for even an Nvidia “Theory” but actually many reasons against any Nvidia chips being used for a Nintendo NX Handheld or Home Console, see below for my comparison of the facts vs facts for both Nvidia and AMD possibilities:

Nvidia has never provided a Semi-Custom design win for a major game console

Nvidia Publicly stated in 2016 that they are moving away from mobile

Nvidia Publicly stated in 2016 they are designing the 25 watt Tegra X2 specifically for their Driverless Car Technology

Nvidia has not reported any Semi-Custom Design wins during 2016

Nvidia has not forecasted to their investors any new revenue (money to be made) for any volume orders of chips for the fiscal year.

Nvidia Tegra X1 or X2 would not be the actual chip Nintendo would use, it would need to be custom build, hence a Semi-Custom design. There is none like this for Nvidia anywhere to be found and no evidence to support that anything is even being made.

Source for Mobile Departure & Tegra X2 focus

Many are believing Nvidia based solely on “sources” that are unsubstantiated despite actual evidence to the contrary. However, there is evidence to believe AMD is providing the Semi-Custom Designed APU for the Nintendo NX:

Nintendo has been a Partner with ATi (now AMD) for developing their console GPU’s since 1999 when designing the Nintendo GameCube first started

AMD Publicly stated multiple times since October 2014 to July 2016 that they are focusing on the Semi-Custom design business with multiple design wins already successfully under their belt with the Wii U, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 SOC designs.

AMD Announced in April 2016 they expect over 1.5 billion dollars in revenue of Three Semi Custom design wins over the next 3-4 years.

AMD Announced the RX480, RX470 and RX460 at 14nm size, which is smaller than Nvidia’s 16nm upcoming Tegra X2 – which is not designed or targeted for gaming - and far more powerful for the cost (RX470 is 5 Teraflops starting at $179).

AMD Announced in July 2016 that Xbox Scorpio was one of the Semi-Custom Design wins to be released in Fall 2017, with two more coming, one expected by Fall 2016 (This is highly likely to be Neo) and the Third Semi-Custom Design when they have quote: “More Visibility” to do so – Biggest Hint at Nintendo NX that there is. 

AMD Announced in July 2016 that they have more Semi-Custom Design wins beyond just the Three and are trying to get away from numbering them at this point.

AMD Q1 2016 Report  AMD Computex 2016 Presentation  AMD Q2 2016 Report

Based on the actual evidence shown above, the chances of Nintendo using Nvidia for any of its upcoming products seems extremely unlikely at this time. A logical theory that makes more sense from these reports of Nintendo using a Tegra X1 in the NX Portable Console device is that they may have used a Tegra X1 as a placeholder chip until the final product was/is ready, this would explain a great deal because Nvidia would not be counting projected financial revenue with the limited number of Tegra X1 chips for Nintendo to purchase for the dev kits limited supply of test units and it would not need to be custom because as most people know pre-release Dev Kits are very non-form fitting devices that simply function for testing a product that is not completed. It should be noted that the Nintendo 3DS was reported using a Tegra chip before the final model ended up using the Pica200 GPU instead.

The report by Eurogamer may very well have been given old information on the Nintendo NX Portable Console based on all the real evidence we have reviewed since there is no evidence, especially financial projected data to support Nvidia working with Nintendo.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 06, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
Clarification on Take Two's NX efforts at launch

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-08-04-take-two-financials-endure-battleborn-miss

Zelnick said he doesn't think the guidance for the current fiscal year includes any contribution from the Nintendo NX platform, which Nintendo has said would launch right at the end of Take-Two's fiscal year in March 2017.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 06, 2016, 12:09:26 PM »
Makes sense. Take Two doesn't have anything that it could release for a March 2017. I wonder if Nintendo and third parties discussed skipping late ports. Nintendo delayed NX so software would be ready (ultimately, its best move). If first party content can carry NX for the first several months, getting some solid third party offerings at the same time as PS4 and One would be much better for the platform. The NX versions likely sell the worst (barring any Link in Soul Calibur II situations) though hopefully they'll be good enough to justify continued support. If Nintendo ever gets consistent support again, it'll be a slow burn to get there.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 06, 2016, 01:37:33 PM »
I'm #TeamTegra also #TeamHandHeldWithTVOut also #TeamBothHandHeldAndAConsole

*phew* That's a lot of teams!

But yeah, this is fun and all but it'll be really neat when it's eventually officially revealed and all these many different possibilities disappear because we'll know what it really is! (For the most part unless Nintendo doesn't announce certain things like a later Home Console version?)
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: August 06, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
I'm #TeamTegra also #TeamHandHeldWithTVOut also #TeamBothHandHeldAndAConsole

*phew* That's a lot of teams!

But yeah, this is fun and all but it'll be really neat when it's eventually officially revealed and all these many different possibilities disappear because we'll know what it really is! (For the most part unless Nintendo doesn't announce certain things like a later Home Console version?)

Prepare to be disappointed :p

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 06, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »
Apparently Happynintendofan is willing to be verified by Neogaf, so that's in the works.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 06, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »
Apparently Happynintendofan is willing to be verified by Neogaf, so that's in the works.

That doesn't mean as much as you think it does.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 06, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »

He should be verified by MS spellcheck first. :P

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 06, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »

Ah, we missed you on this side of the forum BlackNMarvel2k1.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:03:04 PM by Adrock »

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 06, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »

Well he is french :P

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: NeoGaf Repost Thread (May also contain NX rumors)
« Reply #1747 on: August 06, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »

He should be verified by MS spellcheck first. :P:

a new unofficial name is found. I like it.

and you guys could use some organization to all these rumors...
that would make it easy to go back and see where the bullshit was coming from, and how the rumors progressed over time. But who's got time for all that nowadays.

and Mystic seems to be making a decent argument for #TeamNovidia, but I have barely paid any attention to any of this NX business, so I hardly know whats going on or where the info is coming from.

I'm #TeamHybridhandheld/consoledock
but mostly just #teamwakemewhenweactuallyknowsomething

I pop in here from time to time mostly because this seems to be the only constantly active thread on these forums.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:28:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 06, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »

He should be verified by MS spellcheck first. :P:

a new unofficial name is found. I like it.

and you guys could use some organization to all these rumors...
that would make it easy to go back and see where the bullshit was coming from, and how the rumors progressed over time. But who's got time for all that nowadays.

and Mystic seems to be making a decent argument for #TeamNovidia, but I have barely paid any attention to any of this NX business, so I hardly know whats going on or where the info is coming from.

I'm #TeamHybridhandheld/consoledock
but mostly just #teamwakemewhenweactuallyknowsomething

I pop in here from time to time mostly because this seems to be the only constantly active thread on these forums.

Woot Mystic/BnM Back together again! lol

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 06, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »
MysticGohan is the only person who doesn't believe that NX will be powered by Nvidia. Nothing in that picture makes any sense.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA