Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 664103 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#Team2017 Wins Again!)
« Reply #1675 on: August 03, 2016, 05:25:54 PM »
Also be cool if the NX could upscale and bump the textures and stuff to those old games, maybe even improve the frame rate and lighting.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 03, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »
Here's something I found interesting from Iwata a year ago:

IWATA: "What we mean by integrating platforms is NOT INTEGRATING HANDHELDS DEVICES AND HOME CONSOLES TO MAKE ONLY ONE MACHINE. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferable and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable regardless of form factor or performance of each platform".

So if this still carries weight, then it still suggests that the handheld and home console are separate.

That quote is from January, 2013. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

Eurogamer debunked? https://youtu.be/ljBwUlaG8cI

My rumor is bigger than your rumor. Nah uh, not so! My rumor is the biggest one of all!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 03, 2016, 05:42:05 PM »
Here's something I found interesting from Iwata a year ago:

IWATA: "What we mean by integrating platforms is NOT INTEGRATING HANDHELDS DEVICES AND HOME CONSOLES TO MAKE ONLY ONE MACHINE. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferable and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable regardless of form factor or performance of each platform".

So if this still carries weight, then it still suggests that the handheld and home console are separate.

That quote is from January, 2013. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

My rumor is bigger than your rumor. Nah uh, not so! My rumor is the biggest one of all!

But my Le pepe is huge! It's Hydrolic!

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 03, 2016, 06:26:27 PM »
Handheld first.  Nintendo NX>go
Hybrid portable with TV dock

Then Xmas of the following year. Nintendo NX>home
Home console that doubles as super dock for popular NX>go portable.

I could see it happening.

I can see a stagger release but not as far as you're suggesting. NXGO in March 17 NXGOHOME November 24.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 03, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »

While we may still get the traditional console with an AMD processor, the debunking here seems to be based on overly literal interpretations of Nintendo's and AMD's PR.  If it is a hybrid as the rumor suggests, Nintendo still may sell it as a new thing rather than a replacement to their console and mobile platforms.  That leaves them room to make the traditional console and portable if the NX fails.  The rumors seem to be based on development units using Tegra X1 chips, which only gives us a clue to the general architecture.  The final design, if mobile, will likely be a custom chip made to work in that form factor.  It might be both Pascal and weaker than we would expect.  With that said, the 3DS has poor battery life, so they may not have that as a priority anymore.

Digital Foundry has been a great resource lately.  For virtual console, it would be nice if they do render some games to 1080p at 60 fps.  It wouldn't work for everything and would require a lot more testing than just straight emulation.  You can emulate GCN/Wii games with nice filtering at 4K on a PC, but they are buggy and require tinkering to actually play.  Good HD emulations would be worth paying a decent premium for.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: August 03, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
I just hope some games are revealed soon...

This. While I'm definitely interested to see what new concept Nintendo may be cooking up for their hardware, it'd be really nice to see some big name games announced and see what kind of software projects they are currently developing.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »
It would seem and even heard the NX that we know of would be a Home console, as right now that's where Nintendo is hurting the most, the 3DS is pretty fine and has plenty of software coming, the Wii U has nothing other than Paper Mario color splash, and Darksiders warmastered edition.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 03, 2016, 07:14:37 PM »
Alright so based on your linked info it would seem they are developing a console and a new handheld. We may not know about the handheld immediately, but they may be announced at the same time because 3ds has been out long enough as well. Plus they upgrade handhelds all the time and there is little risk in showing off a newer handheld.

I think they are going the tegra route. I'm not sure, but how related are the gpu's for Geforce and Tegra(Maxwell /Pascal? OR how flexible is the Tegra line? Maybe Nvidia is designing a custom superpowered home console Tegra chip for the NX. I have an ouya, that was tegra, but that was like 3 generations of Tegra ago, and not custom. Nintendo chips generally are always special custom versions. I would imagine Nintendo might still pair it with an extra cpu even if it does have an SOC tegra. Maybe still another IBM PPC or an extra ARM.

Also, note Nintendo buys in bulk, is a new customer, and has excellent credit. This might give Nintendo some low prices on Nvidia's best tech.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:26:12 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 03, 2016, 07:41:19 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/moorinsights/2016/05/23/a-cache-coherent-interconnect-for-accelerators-ccix-fantasy-or-nirvana/#1333bdf86afa

Apparenty Xilinx is part of AMD partnership, Nvidia is not. Nintendo software engineers are using xilinx in current dev kits.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1684 on: August 03, 2016, 07:45:29 PM »
egh!
This website says this.
That website says that.

See the pattern guys?
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 03, 2016, 07:47:44 PM »
egh!
This website says this.
That website says that.

See the pattern guys?

Websites can't be trusted?

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1686 on: August 03, 2016, 07:53:07 PM »
egh!
This website says this.
That website says that.

See the pattern guys?

Websites can't be trusted?
DING DING DING!
50 points for SHYGUY!
Made you look ****.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 03, 2016, 08:03:32 PM »
The evidence in piling up for Team#AMD lol

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 03, 2016, 08:37:55 PM »
It would seem and even heard the NX that we know of would be a Home console, as right now that's where Nintendo is hurting the most, the 3DS is pretty fine and has plenty of software coming, the Wii U has nothing other than Paper Mario color splash, and Darksiders warmastered edition.

The 3DS is having a great 2016 in terms of software releases and sales are probably going to be better than people expected coming into the year, but Nintendo literally has one 3DS game announced for 2017 right now (Ever Oasis) and it's probably not a coincidence that they aren't even the ones developing it. Nintendo will likely release more than just that and there are a few major titles announced from third parties like Dragon Quest XI and Lady Layton, but taken as a whole the 3DS does not have a whole lot announced for 2017. Yeah, it's much better off than the Wii U in a general sense, but if you're looking at software lineups it still appears that the 3DS is getting replaced very soon.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1689 on: August 03, 2016, 08:39:22 PM »
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »

Type upcoming Nintendo games in Google and be amazed at all that is coming out for both the Wii U and 3DS. 3DS just looks good right now because of all the 3rd party RPG releases. If you want to believe Nintendo is going the handheld/console hybrid, then you can use the lack of announced software for both systems as you evidence that Nintendo is preparing to shut down game production on both systems in order to put all its games in the NX hybrid.

The 3DS is having a great 2016 in terms of software releases and sales are probably going to be better than people expected coming into the year, but Nintendo literally has one 3DS game announced for 2017 right now (Ever Oasis) and it's probably not a coincidence that they aren't even the ones developing it. Nintendo will likely release more than just that and there are a few major titles announced from third parties like Dragon Quest XI and Lady Layton, but taken as a whole the 3DS does not have a whole lot announced for 2017. Yeah, it's much better off than the Wii U in a general sense, but if you're looking at software lineups it still appears that the 3DS is getting replaced very soon.

Oedo is making the same point. It's possible Nintendo still might release a few more 3DS games if the Hybrid is real and launches in March. They still released some big DS games just before and after the 3DS came out. Most notably Pokémon Black and White as well as Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. So, something like Lady Layton might still be released on 3DS next year if the Hybrid is true but I wouldn't expect to see much more.

Has there ever been a point in Nintendo's history and release schedule where there are almost no game titles announced as being in development or upcoming beyond the next 4 months for both its console and handheld? Usually there's a few titles that will have been announced for the late winter, spring and early summer timeframe. But, for once, there isn't. The absence of software is very strange.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 03, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »
The Wii U does not do GameCube emulation, in can play GameCube games natively, it just doesn't - unless you have Nintendont installed on your Wii U. The Wii U chip family is the Wii family is the GameCube family. Same processors, different clockspeeds (and core counts).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:22:15 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 04, 2016, 12:56:30 AM »
More info on NX https://youtu.be/eCO8e8dDGYk

SMD64 gives a shout out to NWR for their radio broadcast  doubting EG's rumor.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:08:16 AM by MysticGohan »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 04, 2016, 01:08:40 AM »
More info on NX https://youtu.be/eCO8e8dDGYk

Uh-oh, SuperMetalDave64 references NWR's Radio Free Nintendo as a source of excellent analysis. I can't believe him now. :(

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 04, 2016, 01:22:53 AM »
Well his information has credit with what took place earlier on youtube.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: August 04, 2016, 01:34:42 AM »
Hmm well, SMD64 did argue with Shaymin about leaks, so that puts him back in my good graces. ;)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/41982/leak-debunker-february-2016-edition

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 04, 2016, 08:02:18 AM »
lol shyguy

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 04, 2016, 02:02:59 PM »
More info from SMD64 via french developer contact: Translated:NX runs ports easily from PS4, UE4 & Unity run perfectly. NX has VR/AR chips.Final Architecture is secret https://t.co/tOtNQ2cFp8

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 04, 2016, 04:19:55 PM »
Rumour that Nintendo is aiming to get a Zelda, Pokémon and Mario game out for the NX within the first six months of its life:  http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

Sounds great in theory but I know that not all Mario and Pokémon games carry the same weight.  We know that Zelda will be Breath of the Wild but Nintendo could fairly easily crank out another NSMB and a Pokémon Stadium game to pad out the lineup (or maybe a Pokken "sequel" in the typical incremental fighting game style).  Better than nothing obviously but not the amazing thrill that a Mario/Zelda/Pokémon sounds like at first.  Both Mario and Pokémon have lots of spinoffs.  It would be very easy for Nintendo to technically check those boxes.

The article also says "It won’t appeal to PS4 fans. Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers.” which is not really up my alley at all but certainly SEEMS like the approach Nintendo would take.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 04, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
More info from SMD64 via french developer contact: Translated:NX runs ports easily from PS4, UE4 & Unity run perfectly. NX has VR/AR chips.Final Architecture is secret https://t.co/tOtNQ2cFp8

NX runs ports from PS4 easily? The same report (translated from Gaf) goes on to say:

"On the other hand,the ports demand special optimisation due to the different architecture from the XB0 and PS4. Once again, the talent and methods used by des will make the difference."

That sounds like porting to Nintendo consoles 101 for sure. Expect the same results if true. Also (bolded for emphasis by me)

"The feedback from people in contact with the first dev kits is unanimous, the feeling is especially positive. Nx will be different from the other machines and interesting"

Tegra confirmed alongside Half Life 3 NX handheld exclusive.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV