Author Topic: The Office  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Tlon

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
The Office
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:26:04 PM »
 The Office

The Pen

What have I done?! What have I done?!! I should relax for it was not my fault, it was not my doing, it was those vain human holding me. I should relax but how can I relax when I know that predators will be soaring in the air hailing death and tyranny. How can I relax when I can hear those children and women screaming, when I can see them weeping! I can’t believe I was a part of all of this, it was my movement that marked the beginning. I should relax, I should relax! God forgive me but it was of their doing, I was used. God I pray to you to have mercy on those innocent souls. Darkness is looming all over me, all over this room, evilness is everywhere. I first noticed it in their eyes, yes, in their eyes, such sinister eyes. I saw them, there were five of them, they were conversing until it ended with a laugh and a handshake, then all I could see and feel is the misfortune which engulfed me, the misfortune of being stroked by them to sign that paper! Naive humans might think I do not understand since I am just a pen but I do! I know what that paper represented! I wish I was a pen held by a schoolchild, bored, scribbling in the middle of a class.

The Rug

When will that irritating pen stop complaining?!! He speaks of misery and unfortunateness; I’ll demonstrate misery to you! I’ll tell you about myself so you would be able to understand. Of all the objects in this miserable and dull office, I am the only aristocrat, a noble breed as you humans say. For eighteen months, the master weaver Jenmap carefully and skilfully weaved me in that beautiful city named Aaritz. He was more than a weaver, a miniaturist, an artist, a creator! I remember his ragged yet delicate hands as they carefully and masterfully knotted those wool and silk threads. His eyes looking down upon me with such warmth, the same look a mother would give to her infant child. The pen speaks of the misfortune of others what about mine! Instead of being hanged on a wall only to be gazed at by human eyes, I lay on the floor being stomped everyday by countless feet! Sigh!

The Paper

What an ignorant rug! If only it knew where those planes are heading!! 

"hlör u fang axaxaxas mlö"