Author Topic: R.I.P. Heavy D  (Read 1100 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Heavy D
« on: November 09, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/08/heavy-d-dead/
p.s. this happened yesterday.

Rap legend Heavy D -- one of the most influential rappers of the '90s -- died earlier today ... TMZ has learned.
Heavy D -- real name Dwight Arrington Myers -- was rushed to an L.A. hospital around noon today ... and was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1 PM. He was 44 years old.
We've learned a 911 call was placed from Heavy's Beverly Hills home around 11:25 AM to report an unconscious male on the walkway .
When help arrived, we're told Heavy D was conscious and speaking -- and was transported to a nearby hospital.
He died a short time later.
Cops are investigating the death -- and so far, there are no obvious signs of foul play.
Heavy just performed at the BET Awards in October -- and appeared to be fine.
Story developing ...

Law enforcement tell TMZ ... Heavy D had just returned from shopping and walked up some stairs when he began having trouble breathing. Adam Mills, a designer who was in the building and knew Heavy D, found him leaning against a railing and clearly in distress. Adam tells us he cradled Heavy D in his lap as others called 911. Adam says Heavy D was conscious and said to him, "I can't breathe, I can't breathe." When paramedics took Heavy D to the hospital he had a pulse. People in the building are saying he died of a heart attack, but we have not been able to confirm that. Law enforcement sources tell us ... no foul play was involved and so far they only know the cause of death was "medical."

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Heavy D
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
He will be missed...at the buffet.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Heavy D
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
I can't say I was a fan of his music, but I did like him in that Tim Allen movie.. plus he grew up in the city that neighbors mine. He will be missed.

Sad he was so young too..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.