Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 365948 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Official NFL Discussion: insanolord's hope for the Browns comes here to die
« Reply #675 on: November 11, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »
I would much rather watch football or any sport on TV than in person. Every once in a while it's fun to get the experience of being there in person, but I really don't understand the appeal of having season tickets to any sports team.

Getting back to on-the-field discussion, my beloved Cleveland Browns are playing a meaningful game in November for the first time in what feels like decades. A win over the Bengals on Sunday puts them in first place in the AFC North.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 11, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »
...No it doesn't.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25:08 AM »
****, you're right, I read it wrong. A win would only put them a half a game back with the tiebreaker, which is about as close to first place as you can be without actually having it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 11, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
I would much rather watch football or any sport on TV than in person. Every once in a while it's fun to get the experience of being there in person, but I really don't understand the appeal of having season tickets to any sports team.
I like Hockey more in person.  I like being able to see the whole field all the time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
The Packers seem to be relatively boned this year. When you miss your starting QB, starting RB, starting WR, starting TE, starting LT, star OLB, several other LBs, a few dudes from the secondary for substantial amounts of time, odds are you're not going to do too well.

Still, I'll remain mildly delusionally hopeful. I liked what J.R.R. Tolzien did against Eagles despite being on the practice squad a few days ago. The defense, however, is complete garbage right now. After playing really well between like Week 2 and 8, they have completely fallen apart. The secondary is horrendous (goodbye Tramon Williams! You're old and you ain't getting paid playing like that), clubbed Clay is a shell of his former self, and the DLine, which is usually decent, got run ragged for the second week in a row. I didn't think Rodgers' injury would make the defense horrible.

Next two weeks are winnable games, even with Tolzien at the helm. If the Packers can beat the Giants and the Vikings and get to 7-4, I like their chances at a late season run, even if Rodgers misses the Lions game (and the Packers potentially lose). I think the Packers can make the playoffs if Rodgers is back, at the latest, by the Atlanta game and the team is sitting at no worse than 7-5. A slate of Atlanta, @ Dallas, Pittsburgh and @ Chicago are all winnable if Aaron's healthy.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
Titans had a year like that back in the McNair and Eddie George days and still managed 8-8.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
Man....after the Saints lost to the Jets I had no idea how the Cowboys game was gonna go. GOOD LORDY! What an ass whooping.

If someone can take out the Broncos before we meet in the SuperBowl, that game is ours!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »
Titans had a year like that back in the McNair and Eddie George days and still managed 8-8.

That's sort of what I worry this season might end up like. I see 10-6 as a record that can get us into the playoffs, though with Carolina actually being a good team, that might get dicey.

NFC looks like...
Locks - Seattle, New Orleans, NFC East Winner
I can't imagine the Niners fucking up that badly, so I'd say their playoff ticket is almost as good as punched.
That means two spots for Lions, Packers, Bears, Panthers (maybe Cardinals?)
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:37 PM »
Yeah, no one is taking out the Broncos. Manning's MRI showed no new damage to his ankle - 33 touchdowns with 8 more games to go, the record he sets will be so ridiculously high it will probably never be beaten. They go to the Super Bowl and win, easily.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Yeah, no one is taking out the Broncos. Manning's MRI showed no new damage to his ankle - 33 touchdowns with 8 more games to go, the record he sets will be so ridiculously high it will probably never be beaten. They go to the Super Bowl and win, easily.

You do realize that Peyton will have to play outdoors during the winter to win said Super Bowl? It's not that easy for them...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2013, 04:24:05 PM »
And let's not forget Peyton's affinity for choking.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 11, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
Its Peyton Manning for goodness sake.  The man Statistically is wonderful.  In practicality his stats don't translate.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 11, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »
The Colts were never as good as Denver is right now though, even when they gave up their undefeated season.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 11, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »
The Colts were never as good as Denver is right now though, even when they gave up their undefeated season.

The Colts also play in a dome. Denver's outside, and most of the places they'd play in the playoffs are outside and cold, too. Also, the Super Bowl will in New Jersey in February. I live in that area. It gets freaking cold.

Manning will have a brilliant statistical year, but dude can't handle the cold, even more so now that he's older. Look at Brett Favre in his last game as a Packer. He was cold and old, despite playing stellar the whole year.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 12, 2013, 06:13:49 PM »
Weighing in on the TV vs. live debate, I've never seen an NFL game live but I have gone to a few CFL games.  Football is way better on TV.  All the instant replays and zoom in on players really add the to experience.  Half the time at the games I've seen live I don't know what the hell just happened.  Some guy ran with the ball into a big pile of guys and, uh, first down I guess?  Football on TV has the first down yellow line.  There is no such thing live obviously.  Plus sometimes even on TV I don't quite make up what happened on the first viewing but the replays and slo mo lets me see it.

Hockey and basketball are a lot of fun live.  Baseball is a million times better live.  On TV baseball is a total snoozefest usually with the announcers going on about unrelated nonsense.  Baseball's slow pace works well in a live environment as it makes it easy to pay attention to every detail.  Plus it's the summer and it's fun to relax with a beer and a hot dog and hang out with your buddies.  Flyballs are actually entertaining live because often it is not immediately obvious if the ball is a homerun or not.  So you stand up and watch and then it is or isn't.  On TV they immediately cut away to the outfielder getting under it.  There is no suspense, the TV coverage tells you right away that it's a boring flyball.  Football's TV coverage is putting chocolate sauce on a rice cracker while baseball's TV coverage is putting dog **** on ice cream.  It seems like the INTENTION of baseball on TV is to make it boring.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:34 PM »
Seen quite of few college football games and I was always wasted with a group of friends. Had a blast if it wasn't obvious. I'm surprised the same can't be said for the NFL.

Soccer is the **** live, as is basketball. If I had to pick between the two, I'd say basketball is the most exciting to watch while soccer is the most exciting to participate in watching...if that makes sense.

Baseball live is much better but that's not a high bar to jump. Them 8 dollar beers though...Ridiculous. It's not like you can sit there beerless either.

Never seen hockey, but I bet it's a blast even if it's a little frosty. It's probably loud as all hell in the stadium.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 24, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
Recap of today's Browns game: Josh Gordon was amazing, every other Brown was awful.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #692 on: November 24, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
A stunning draw between relegation target Viking United and Cheese City leaves the Lions two points clear atop the table ahead of a major fixture Thursday.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 08, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »
The officials from today's Browns-Patriots game should never be allowed to work another game again. Tell me if you've heard this before: an extremely questionable call hands New England a win in the final minutes of a game.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #694 on: December 08, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »
It was the same crew who worked the Jets/Pats game that turned on a pushing call. So basically, it was a makeup call.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 14, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »
First Marcus Marriota goes back to Oregon, now a Teddy Bridgewater may be stupidly deciding he doesn't want to be the consensus number one overall pick and would rather fight Marriota and Jameis Winston for it next year. At this point it's seeming more and more likely that the Browns will have to choose between Johnny Manziel and A.J. McCarron and I might as well go hang myself now.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 29, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
Only one record left for Peyton now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 29, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
All signs right now are pointing to the Browns firing head coach Rob Chudzinski, who just finished his first season. This seems ridiculous to me, as I really don't think he was the problem, and it seems nowhere near necessary to get rid of him this soon.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 30, 2013, 02:13:06 PM »
I did not realize how long Dan Marino had that record.  Yeah Peyton needed a few more above Brady for them not just passing it back and forth.