Author Topic: Release Date Leaked for Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded  (Read 3405 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Release Date Leaked for Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
« on: July 19, 2010, 11:16:28 AM »

Tetsuya Nomura's next game will release in Japan by the end of the year.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/23722

The upcoming issue of Japan's V Jump magazine has a long-awaited detail regarding Square Enix's anticipated DS title Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded: its release date.

The game is apparently set for Japanese release on October 7 for Â¥5,480 (Â¥500 lower than most Square Enix titles).  The remake of a cell phone episodic title, it features several updates that take advantage of DS hardware.

Check out the official site for more details: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/recoded/index.html

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Release Date Leaked for Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:07:19 PM »
Speaking of, what's with that Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS?

Offline Sageprotector

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
Well, I assume it's what Reconnect was supposed to be.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »
Speaking of, what's with that Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS?

What do you mean? The only confirmed info about Kingdom Hearts 3D is that it will star Sora and Riku as the two main characters of the game, and will feature new worlds (two confirmed locations include Destiny Islands and the return of Traverse Town). Tetsuya Nomura has also confirmed that the "3D" in the title is an abbreviation for the real subtitle. This makes me think other publishers will do the same thing they did with the DS (where they tried to make subtitles that used the initials; i.e. "Dual Strike", Dawn of Sorrows", "Deadly Silence", etc.).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »
Kingdom Hearts 3D originally looked like it was going to be a remake of the first one, but then Nomura said it wasn't, but it's going to focus on Sora and Riku, and they appear to be wearing their garb from the beginning of the first game.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 11:59:07 PM »
I'm getting kinda worried about this game given that SquareEnix is waiving their tax on it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.