Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545436 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #4050 on: February 19, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »
L.A. Confidential - watched it again on the weekend on Blu. Damn, that is a very fine film. Some of the best performances of their careers out of Crowe and Spacey in that film, which I think is saying a lot. All the performances are really terrific. Blu Ray has some pretty great supplemental features too.

Beautifully photographed and designed film too which you mostly don't notice because the pace, dialogue  and performances are so spot-on.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: February 20, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
warm bodies: a better than expected date movie that was tolerable because I like zombies anyway. It wasn't as hourly as expected either, had some decent funny moments too.

with that said, there were a few things that bothered me but I don't feel its enough to get into it right now. If anyone else has seen it and wants to discuss, lets.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: February 20, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
Glad to hear it was enjoyable. The Wife and I are waiting for it to hit the dollar theater.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
if i had to rate it I would say 5/10 simply because it wasn't horrible but was far from a great zombie movie.

it also wasn't overly violent nor overly chick-flicky. the theater wasn't packed but a few teens behind me were audibly swooning, but only on a few occasions.

oh I forgot to mention in my original post  I did like who the real villains were in the film, to an extent, but at the same time they severely down play the chicks dad who is made out to seem like zombie hater #1. Basically, don't expect this to be a zombie movie with a love story because it isn't, its a love story witty zombies. I hadn't seen many previews for this and I went in thinking it was more of a teen comedy with zombies, not exactly a teen â€rom-comâ€. oh well, didn't hate it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:31:22 PM by EasyCure »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: February 20, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4056 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »
I saw Johnny Got His Gun. I hope they one day adapt this into an exciting fps game. Just make sure you play it with force feedback on.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
Is that the movie used in Metallica's One video?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4058 on: February 21, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
Is that the movie used in Metallica's One video?

Yes
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: February 23, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
Paprika. It's super awesome.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: February 24, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
A Good Day to Die Hard - Really, really stupid. The last one was average at best but this one was totally stupid. I mean, they go to Chernobyl - you can see the famous abandoned ferris wheel - and everyone runs around the place with no suits or checks for radiation.

Then John McClane jumps into a pool that had, presumably, been still since the accident.

Walks away fine.

REALLY?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:26:32 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: February 24, 2013, 03:14:32 PM »

Then John McClane jumps into a pool that had, presumably, been still since the
accident.

Walks away fine.

REALLY?

Or did he walk away fine? Maybe the next film will be called 'Die Hardest' in which McClane takes on his toughest opponent yet. Radiation induced Cancer.
Gouge away.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
Batman: The Movie (1966)

Batman to Robin: "Our job is done. Let's leave inconspicuously.. Through the window, we'll use our Batropes."

I guess going through the door while world leaders are arguing and seem to have no recollection that they were recently dehydrated into tiny piles of pixie dust would be too conspicuous, for Batman & Robin that is.

This movie is more amazing if you watch the DVD with the commentary on.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: February 24, 2013, 04:09:23 PM »
The last movie I watched was License to Drive (1988)

It's probably been 20 years since I last saw it, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, saw that it was Heather Graham's first her first high-profile starring role.

I enjoyed it now just as much as when I was younger. Not the best movie, but a fun one from my childhood.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #4064 on: February 24, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »
Seven Psychopaths -- Awesome.

A little involved, but still very funny. Christopher Walken, as always, is amazing.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: February 24, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »

Batman to Robin: "Our job is done. Let's leave inconspicuously.. Through the window, we'll use our Batropes."

I guess going through the door while world leaders are arguing and seem to have no recollection that they were recently dehydrated into tiny piles of pixie dust would be too conspicuous, for Batman & Robin that is.

I don't believe Netflix has that option. I do enjoy listening to commentary on films though, usually very interesting.

The last movie I watched was License to Drive (1988)

It's probably been 20 years since I last saw it, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, saw that it was Heather Graham's first her first high-profile starring role.

I enjoyed it now just as much as when I was younger. Not the best movie, but a fun one from my childhood.

Great movie!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: February 25, 2013, 09:14:26 AM »
Looking at the Oscars (and the Golden Globes), it's amazing how repeatedly science fiction is snubbed.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:08 AM »
Watching Demolition Man right now.

Man, this movie is horrible.  But awesome.

With Doritos Locos Tacos, it's no surprise that Taco Bell won the restaurant wars.

I don't believe Netflix has that option. I do enjoy listening to commentary on films though, usually very interesting.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10268704

You might be able to find it a bit cheaper elsewhere, but it's well worth it. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4068 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:05 AM »
Demolition Man is awesome.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: February 26, 2013, 02:11:20 AM »
Looking at the Oscars (and the Golden Globes), it's amazing how repeatedly science fiction is snubbed.

True, but then again the Oscars very rarely gives out nominations or awards based on merit. Here are a few other things about this year's nominations and winners that irked me.

The Master not even receiving a nomination for Cinematography when it was quite clearly the best looking film of the year.

Best Original Screenplay going to the fun but sloppy and indulgent script that was Django.

Chastain not winning Best Actress.

Life of Pi (a life affirming, uplifting, faith inspiring parable) wins Best Picture over the far more challenging but qualitatively better film Zero Dark Thirty, for what can only be reactionary reasons.

The winners I was happy to see though were 'Searching for Sugarman' for Best Documentary, Day-Lewis for Best Actor, 'Amour' for Foreign Language, 'Paperman' for Short Film, 'ZD30 and Skyfall' for Sound Editing, and 'Argo' for adapted screenplay.

Gouge away.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:37 AM »
Life of Pi (a life affirming, uplifting, faith inspiring parable) wins Best Picture over the far more challenging but qualitatively better film Zero Dark Thirty, for what can only be reactionary reasons.

I hate to go all TJ Spyke on you, but Life of Pi didn't win Best Picture; Argo did.

Ang Lee won Best Director, which I am pleased with. I'm so glad Spielberg didn't win it.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »
Demolition Man is an awesome movie. It is one of last fun action movies to be made before the world went all grim dark and Borne BS on everyone. PhoenixXXXXXXXXX!
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:01 AM »

I hate to go all TJ Spyke on you, but Life of Pi didn't win Best Picture; Argo did.

Ang Lee won Best Director, which I am pleased with. I'm so glad Spielberg didn't win it.

I stand corrected. I meant to say Director, not sure why I said Picture.

I'm glad Spielberg didn't win either. I of course think Bigelow should have been nominated and should have won, but of those nominated I would have preferred for Haneke to win. Armour has really stuck with me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:45:31 AM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »
Referring to the Golden Globes, it's jaw-dropping that John Noble wasn't nominated for Best Actor over all 5 years of Fringe, Avery Brooks wasn't nominated for the same over DS9 (especially Far Beyond the Stars), and Stargate Universe wasn't nominated for anything (set-design and special effects in particular) at all.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: March 05, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »
The Hobbit

I enjoyed The Hobbit the book because it was from the point of view of Bilbo. It was his growth throughout the story that made it so interesting. It would have been difficult to make the movie as such, but it definitely loses a certain quality because it.

The movie is great. If I hadn't read the book beforehand, I would have thought it fit perfectly with LOTR as a prequel and is geniunely interesting. The pacing is top notch, the cinematography is amazing, but it does feel a bit jumbled and loose. What I mean is, characters appear and disappear without regard, events are brought up out of whim instead of story.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's a damn shame that this book is being split up into three, three hour movies. I'm sure everything will have a nice flow if seen back to back to back, but as pieces, it really doesn't do it any favors.
black fairy tales are better at sports