Author Topic: Toys (image heavy, definately not for 56k)  (Read 2245 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Toys (image heavy, definately not for 56k)
« on: April 15, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
yes, i am definitely a nerd
Yeah theres video games and then there are toys

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Toys (image heavy, definately not for 56k)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:18:44 PM »
So your interests include
-videogames
-filmmaking
-toys

Perm, you're like the long lost twin of my youngest brother.  Which would obviously make us brothers too.  Seriously you just need to play bass and you're a blond version of him.

I attempted briefly to collect action figures but ran into the problem that all the figures I want to collect are from the 80's and thus cost a fair amount of money and are not easy to find at garage sales and such since parents these days are selling off their kids' toys from this decade and Digimon **** doesn't exactly appeal to me.  I do however still snap up any LJN WWF figure I find in the wild.  My brothers and I have collected those since the early 90's.

If I had the money and the physical space and the time I would collect:
Masters of the Universe
M.A.S.K.
Dino Riders
Super Powers
Thundercats
Transformers (original series)
G.I. Joe (original series)
and probably Lego as well.

My brother collects mostly G.I. Joe while He-Man would be his second priority.  He PLAYS with all his toys so he is not that picky about their condition.  He's also a big Lego nut.  And he managed to score tons of old Dino Riders toys from a friend of mine.  He still lives at home and somehow he crams all this stuff into his bedroom.  It's like a normal sized bedroom and there's this tiny little pathway to get from the door to the bed and desk.  It's not really that messy (though our Mom and, well, any woman would think so) it's just packed to the gills.  It's like a guy trying to operate a warehouse out of a one car garage... while still keeping his car in there.

Seriously though Perm, if you're ever in Langley, BC I have the ultimate toy store and the ultimate used videogame store to show you.  They're within walking distance of each other.  It's like some nerd utopia.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
Where's Castle Grayskull & Snake Mountain?  (Can't have mine either :) )
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 01:14:59 AM »
Holy **** dude, I used to have most of those toys as well. Almost all of the He-Man, Marvel, TMNT, GI Joe. I almost bought a Venom action figure for $50 at a comic shop that was taken off the marker for apparently being "too gross".
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 01:45:28 AM »
I have that same Golden VR Trouper action figure somewhere in my house.  Neat.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 01:52:49 AM »
Vr tropper? Theres super human samurai syber squad pics, but no vr troopers. I have both he-man castles. We just moved, but not everything has been moved from the old house. I also have the Ghostbusters Firehouse, but i think i only have like 1 or 2 ghostbusters left. They were yard sold along with my buddy. What sucks is 3 he-man toys broke when i was setting these up. The damn rubber that holds their legs on is half-lived out. Same with some of the gi joes, but i fixed cobra commander classic, and i had a hell of a time tryign to keep the gi joe ninja's together....thats why they're sitting. I got them at a yard sale for a nickle a piece. New cobra commander i bought. The rest are CORPS action figures, which are cheaper and basically just as good...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:58:23 AM »
Zodac has to pee. Will SOMEONE take Zodac to the bathroom please??

Perm, can I come over and play? I'll bring my Spawn figures and Transformers. And my army of gamorian guards. I used to have Panda Khan, don't know what happened to him though. Oh, and Power Rangers suck.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:48 AM »
i have transformers toys too, well they are my brothers. I would take pictures of them, but my brother has berated me for breaking his transformer toys in the past. They're sometimes too frickin hard to figure out. So, ill just leave them in the box. Where does Bustin98 live?

i screwed up taking these pictures though. Michael Buffer should have been in every action setup
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:47:20 AM by ThePerm »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »
My brother used to love collecting TMNT toys in the 80s and he had a ton, mostly all stolen because our mom would never really buy us toys or at least not as often as he'd like, and eventually she tossed them all out.

He's still pissed about it even if he isnt really a toy nerd. She did the same crap with some NES and SNES games to me.. bleh!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »
Wouldn't that be a photo op, a 36 year old man-child lying on your bedroom floor playing with He-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
Though if I was playing along with my kids then it wouldn't be so bad.

I don't think I live near you at all. I'm in Ohio, aren't you on the West Coast?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »
The rest are CORPS action figures, which are cheaper and basically just as good...

Holy ****!  Someone ELSE has CORPS figures?! :)