Author Topic: Monopoly Card Games...  (Read 2844 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Monopoly Card Games...
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:40:12 PM »
I never knew there were so many versions of Monopoly in card game format!

Recently, I picked up the newest version called "Monopoly Deal" - it's a fun game that my wife and I use to kill some time.

It reminded me of a card game version of Monopoly I played when I was little called Express Monopoly (Not to be confused with Monopoly Express which is a newer version of the old Dice Game "Don't Go to Jail").  While looking for it, I discovered there's also Monopoly: The Card Game (apparently something close to Rummy) and Free Parking (a game similar to Mills Borne).  Then, there's "WaterWorks", a game that existed for awhile and was sold under the Monopoly brand for a short while even though it really had nothing to do with Monopoly.

Anywhoo, I've managed to gather three of the five games and have something in the works for the other two.  I'll be able to have an entire Monopoly Card Game themed night!  Whoo!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Monopoly Card Games...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
I'm looking into the Clue card game, myself.  I'll have to look into this now.  We have (usually unless something comes up) game night every Friday and play different games. 
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »
I'm looking into the Clue card game, myself.  I'll have to look into this now.  We have (usually unless something comes up) game night every Friday and play different games. 

Clue Card Game?

Has anyone checked out the new "version" of Clue?  "Clue: Discover the Secrets" seems to be an interesting remix of the game.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
UncleBob, have you seen the Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit Chocolate games? Answer the trivia right, eat the chocolate? Land on Boardwalk, eat the chocolate? MMmmm....
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »
Uncle Bob is collecting something that isn't related to Nintendo.  For serious??
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »
For card games we've been playing the Settlers of Catan card game and San Juan (based on Puerto Rico).

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
I really enjoy "Citadels" as far as card games go, but you really need at least 4 players for it to be worth it.

"Guillotine" is another great one.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »

Clue Card Game?

Has anyone checked out the new "version" of Clue?  "Clue: Discover the Secrets" seems to be an interesting remix of the game.

Clue Card Game

The card game version doesn't have a board.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?