Author Topic: Game Over: One final rant...  (Read 158503 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Game Over: One final rant...
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »
No don't leave!
Why not?

The boards never really got over the great crash/slowdown a few months after it started.  How many people who came over from the old EZboards stayed through the epic slowness and are still around?  Even after the kinks were worked out, the whole feel of the place never returned, it was then and still today a muted barren feel to the place.

Those that stuck through it had slowly been either driven away like Bill, bored away like Infy, or banned like Mario, and all because of disinterest in dealing with someone the Mods would rather compliment the supposed courtesy instead of see the larger picture of what is said overall because they only look at the random post he makes, don't see the snide talk and low blow down talking, the very active derailing he does and when any action is made to get the thread back on topic it turns into a flame war and he comes out smelling sweet because he isn't "direct" in his attacks.

There have been a lot of people who joined and stayed for a while, but really when you think about it, other than a handful or so, how many do you remember being here for any length of time really adding to the place other than to be a nuisance?
If people leave it will get worse.It will be more barren.This is a community. We need to stick together during the tough times.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:49 AM »
Sure I can think of several that have been here for quite awhile that are more then a nuisance:

-Pale
-Kairon
-Mr. Jack
-Pap
-Smash_Brother
-Pro (Ok he is half a nuisance :P )
-EasyCure

I know I'm missing some others as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:06:50 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2009, 02:10:48 AM »
-GoldenPhoenix

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2009, 02:49:41 AM »
- S-U-P-E-R
- Flames_of_chaos (or in his evil old alias Lord_die_seis)
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2009, 03:53:43 AM »
Also we can't discount newer people like Maxi, who I think have added quite a bit to the community, especially from an attitude perspective. TheFleece is another good new member we have received. Even though he hates Mario Sunshine, I think Broodwars is a good addition to the site. Even though he is a bit critical of Nintendo Halbred has been solid as well.

I still can't believe I've only been an active member since the day the Wii name was announced (I was a member for quite some time before but never posted). Seems longer then that! Though I did post intermittently since 2004.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:08:05 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »
DAaaMan64 and DJUnknown are cool members as well.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »
DAaaMan64 and DJUnknown are cool members as well.

I'm obligated to say Maveric is ok, and despite GP's personal feelings towards Kashogi, he has his moments!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »
Insanolord adds absolutely nothing to the site.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2009, 12:28:46 PM »
Thats because you don't post often enough, Step it up man.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
-Pale
-Kairon
-Mr. Jack
-Pap
-Smash_Brothers
-Pro
-EasyCure
-GoldenPhoenix
-S-U-P-E-R
-Flames_of_chaos
-DAaaMan64
-DJUnknown
-Maverick
-Kashogi
-insanolord
-bustin98
-Maxi

out of 10,985 registered members here, that's not good.

How many people register and never post?  How many people register post once or twice and then disappear?
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »
Yeah, I was an active PGC member.  Not so much an active NWR member.  The entire community has changed...and that's to be expected, I suppose; not everyone is going to be a member forever, but when all my friends have left it's difficult to enjoy visitng the forums.  I agree with Bill, it's just not FUN anymore.

I'll still come here for news and whatever, but with Mario and Bill gone, and the Aussie crew completely dead, there's no point in being an active forum member.  I kind of made this transition a while ago when I stopped being active at gamingforce and NWR...no one active here probably knows who the hell I am :P

Also I need to get on MSN more.  THAT'S still fun I'm just busy all the damn time.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
no one active here probably knows who the hell I am :P

I know who you are. I don't forget old forum users that easily.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
How many people register and never post?  How many people register post once or twice and then disappear?

I have a friend who joined and he mentioned that he was having a tough time and I told him that I had joined and it took me months of just adding in my own two cents around. I'm much more comfortable with posting than I was before. At first glance NWR forums can come off as cold and intimidating, but the ideas and knowledge that I read from the posts made me come back. I've never had a "you really like me?!" moment here and this is certainly not the spot to look for it. NWR always struck me as the most honest forums. I never got the impression to have to push my way through, but rather to gather my own facts and ideas about things that I don't see posted- like the Korg DS thread.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »
So I'm nothing but a nuisance?  I hate you all.

Personally, I would rather have a small, tight-knit community than a bunch of random people who only show their face once in a blue moon.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
NWR has always had a problem with lots of people registering but no one posting (except in the weird twilight zone community known as Friend Codes)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »
Every forum has that problem.  I would like to increase our regular poster count.  In fact, that's my goal, but striving to be even close to that registered number is just impossible.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »
Is there another forum that's more fun than this one?  I ask that seriously.  When you say MSN, what do you mean?  MSN gaming forums?
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »
There isn't anything to talk about right now.  Look, back in the "good ole days" we had the awesome console war battles of the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube...which actually had interesting discussion.

We had the reveal of the Wii and what it would mean to gaming.

We had larger Mafia support, and more games that grabbed our attention to dream about and discuss.

Right now we are in the middle of a console generation's lifecycle.  There isn't as much to talk about....in fact the only consistent thing to talk about is the forum drama and debates and arguments.  It is sad but it is all apart of the community and you just live through it.

2010 will be a great year for the cycle to start a new.  For now, I say we need to be a civil to each other as possible, and begin to find a new apprecation for everything the staff at NWR does for us.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »
If you're looking for somewhere to post where everyone will agree with you and talk all day about how awesome Nintendo is, this is not that place.  It never has been.  Our old banner for the forums said "...where Nintendo fans go to bitch about everything."  That was over five years ago!  This concept of PGC/NWR forums' bygone glory as a magical commune for Nintendo zealots is completely bogus.  Some people made it up, then went on a witch-hunt to prove that it had been stolen away by "the others", then got pissy because the people in charge wouldn't do anything about it, then left because they had worked themselves up into such a rabid fit of imaginary anger.

Yes, things have changed.  They always change.  This is a community, not a family home video you can watch everytime you need to feel good about yourself.  People come, people go, people's opinions change.  The world is complex and transient.

There have been periods where we did not moderate the forums properly and/or adequately.  However, I feel strongly that in recent months, we have made a very conscious effort to monitor the forums more closely.  We have banned people who broke the rules.  WE HAVE BANNED PEOPLE WHO BROKE THE RULES.  Just because you disagree with another user does not give you the right to break the rules.  Just because you have 10,000 post count and love Nintendo does not mean you can break the rules.  There is no personal bias in the actions we have taken against anyone.  In the case of Mario, he was issuing personal attacks on a nearly daily basis, had been warned numerous times, and showed no sign of remorse nor trend towards improving his behavior.  I don't care whether anyone thinks he was provoked.  He broke the rules, over and over, egregiously, and we gave him every opportunity to stop.  As much as some of you despise IanSane, HE DOES NOT BREAK THE RULES.  And that is the only qualification for posting privileges here.  You can say whatever you want, however wrong, unpopular, repetitive, etc. as long as you follow the rules.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »
BLAH

And that is the only qualification for posting privileges here.  You can say whatever you want, however wrong, unpopular, repetitive, etc. as long as you follow the rules.

Thank you for opening thy gates.

THE TRAVELLER HAS COME
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »

POSTING GUIDELINES:
- Forum posts are expected to be on topic and deliver a certain level of content and legibility.

You can say whatever you want, however wrong, unpopular, repetitive, etc. as long as you follow the rules.

Doesn't the 'certain level of content' clause rule out repetitive posts?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »
So I'm nothing but a nuisance?  I hate you all.

Sometimes :P But not all the time.  ;D

Is there another forum that's more fun than this one?  I ask that seriously.  When you say MSN, what do you mean?  MSN gaming forums?

MSN Messenger. 
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »
As much as some of you despise IanSane, HE DOES NOT BREAK THE RULES

That is true most of the time, but like in that Rick Powers thread Lindy warned him to not make a particular statement and what does he do? Right before it is closed he makes that same statement again. Overall though I'd agree.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2009, 05:51:44 PM »

You should look at my  chatango suggestion...
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »
-Smash_Brothers
He can't be that great if you can't get his user name right? Ooh, sick burn.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:35:00 PM by Adrock »