Author Topic: The Mafia Hall Of Fame.  (Read 220392 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: The Mafia Hall Of Fame.
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2009, 03:22:58 AM »
This is why I need to play a game with you in it again. Even if I don't learn anything at least you'll make it entertaining.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2009, 03:26:56 AM »
Yeah.  Too bad there aren't other people who make it entertaining.  The only thing Khush does that other people don't do is write up every little thing he's ever done at the end of the game.  I'm not kidding.  Go check it out.  Everything.  Seriously.

...Has Khush ever done anything crazy in a game I've played with him?  None too big that I recall.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2009, 03:29:57 AM »
I didn't say there weren't other people who are fun to watch. I'd like to see the two of you butt heads in the next game.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2009, 03:33:25 AM »
Oh... I forgot.  Somehow magically, everyone believes him.  About everything.  It's the weirdest thing.  You can sit there and watch the most unbelievable, unexplainable things happen, and POW!  Everyone else suddenly believes it.  I don't know exactly how that works.

We've gone head-to-head before.  The only two times I recall, I've lost, but the game was decided to be an "unfair" in his favor type of game by the masses.  I don't know if we've faced off in an "even" game before.

Regardless, Vudu and I are perennial rivals, and rarely ever seem to be on the same side.  That's part of why I jokingly voted Vudu at the start of this game.

Edit:  The difference between us, I'd say, is that I'm better at not getting hit by the mafia if I'm a townie, and he's better at not getting voted out.  We still both die in most games where we don't have a method to protect ourselves from those kryptonites.

Double Edit:  My hey-day games involved Khush, Spak, Sir_Stabbalot, and me at the core.  Vudu and Dasmos were on the outer rim, and stevey would be there just to vote against Khush.  Most of the time, we'd just be townies and figure out everything, and just put the game away.  The big game I had that changed things was Star Wars mafia, where I was a neutral role, took control of the townies, keeping them in the dark and teaming up with the killer.  Unfortunately, just before it was too late, we were found out.  I made an error on my part in insisting we use a role in the game to switch my role, (supposed townie) with the killer, because in that game, the killer could earn a bomb to use once he killed enough people.  Since we switched the role around, rather than "bargaining" with him, it reset the points earned, so he couldn't kill several people at once, and give us control of the game.

It was an adventure, but since then, no one believes much of what I say.  I suppose I can't blame them, since I was very deceitful, all over the place.  It's hard to believe I played most of that game on a Wii.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2009, 04:09:27 AM »
My first game... Was screwed up.  Khush broke the game by not revealing who was who whenever they died, only when a certain ability was used... Then the mafia took control of the ability and kept it from being used.  Very funny, but unfair game, towards the mafia.  I still won, though.

That was your first game? Yeah, that was funny. My mafia role was if I guessed who was going to die by vote in the next day I got their role. We voted out the player who was keeping everyone in the dark, but he didn't die and we got control so everyone was still in the dark.

I'm pretty sure vudu was being a sook and stopped playing halfway though.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »
Oh... I forgot.  Somehow magically, everyone believes him.  About everything.  It's the weirdest thing.  You can sit there and watch the most unbelievable, unexplainable things happen, and POW!  Everyone else suddenly believes it.  I don't know exactly how that works.

We've gone head-to-head before.  The only two times I recall, I've lost, but the game was decided to be an "unfair" in his favor type of game by the masses.  I don't know if we've faced off in an "even" game before.

Regardless, Vudu and I are perennial rivals, and rarely ever seem to be on the same side.  That's part of why I jokingly voted Vudu at the start of this game.

Edit:  The difference between us, I'd say, is that I'm better at not getting hit by the mafia if I'm a townie, and he's better at not getting voted out.  We still both die in most games where we don't have a method to protect ourselves from those kryptonites.

Double Edit:  My hey-day games involved Khush, Spak, Sir_Stabbalot, and me at the core.  Vudu and Dasmos were on the outer rim, and stevey would be there just to vote against Khush.  Most of the time, we'd just be townies and figure out everything, and just put the game away.

Have we ever gone head to head before? The only time I recall it happening was last game in the Mario Kart Mafia. That was a good battle. I wasn't sure who was going to win that but then you decided to let Stevey's vote count and end it.

It's funny that you said that about Vudu since I say the same thing. In fact, stevey even mentioned it this game calling Vudu my rival. I think it came about from when you first started playing and we would end up on the same side together and Vudu would be opposite us.

Those were the hey-dey games for me as well. I miss Stabby. We were both on fire.

I'd say the biggest difference between Thatguy and myself is that Thatguy plays a better social game and I play a more analytical game. I'm always amazed at how Thatguy is able to get a group organized and talk to people and they'll tell him their roles. While I can do that a bit, I tend to focus more on analyzing all the information available to me in the voting threads and from a message here and there. Then I use that for my evidence and deciphering. I'm not saying Thatguy isn't analytical. He's my favorite springboard to bounce ideas off of. It's just that I tend to rely on that far more than I think he does.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »
You guys are all pretty great, as far as I'm concerned. 

I don't think I've played again with vudu yet where I wasn't against him, and he successfully either convinced me of something he was lying about, or rallied the troops against me.

My very first game was the Starfox game, where I was betrayed by my IRL best friend Decoyman, who had gotten me into the game in the first place.  I did fare pretty well in that game. 
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2009, 01:52:56 PM »

It's funny that you said that about Vudu since I say the same thing. In fact, stevey even mentioned it this game calling Vudu my rival. I think it came about from when you first started playing and we would end up on the same side together and Vudu would be opposite us.

I hate you both equally.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2009, 01:06:59 AM »
By the way, Thatguy, since I would like to keep this feature going, you can add something to the Special Achievement Vault. Especially with the contraversial ending, this should hopefully be a better way to thank you for hosting. Aside from the Mod Powers.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2009, 01:08:42 AM »
I've got to figure out what that is again...  We shall see.  We shall see.

Edit:  I've seen what it is, now, but I'll have to think over what's worth it, how, and why, and all that.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:05 AM »
Eh, it really doesn't have to be anything super special. Like I tried to mention in my description, it could even be a simple thing like an insult or event that made you laugh and you thought was hilarious and a highlight of a certain game for you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »
Well, I'd still like to try and get this thing going. I think it might be a neat little feature. Even though Thatguy has seemed to pass on it, I'll offer it to you Drew. Is there anything you want to put in the Hall of Fame?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2009, 12:16:33 PM »
Well, to be fair, I wasn't expecting to be dethroned so soon!

I still give some thought to it from time to time.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2010, 01:40:28 AM »
Khushrenada I'll think of something for the Special Achievement Vault.

Also I don't think you have fixed some of the Day threads in some games. I could if you want.

Oh Stratos game is next after Khushrenada's Phoenix Wright game so I have to help him with that. Busy,Busy,Busy...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:44:50 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
OK I have decided on a player to induct into the Special Achievement Vault.
Spak-Spang.
Here is why.

He has made 3 original games. Winter Specials Mafia, Crisis Mafia, and Mario Paintball.

The first one I believe was that was the first time that the Bro/Sister role was used to its best potential. Pale was the sister and Khushrenada was the Brother. The way that game went was very interesting.And I'm glad that Spak-Spang hosted it.
2. Crisis Mafia.Having 2 games going on at once was a good idea and I don't think anybody has tried to replicate it.

Finally the only game of Spak-Spang that I played Mario Paint ball.It was basically a team game and there was a good chance that Team Mario could of won that game but unfortunately they couldn't pull out the win. I liked the idea of having teams and the limited paintballs for the gunners. That game could go lots of ways I feel.

Those above are for him as a host.These ones are for when he was a player.

The first game that I am referring to is Nintendo World Mafia.Mafia 13. In that game we was the Godmother.This game was his 3rd game. He had to worry about a Double Agent in that game. Kairon was The Other Godfather.On Day 6 was one of the great battles that I have seen. 2 Mafia members on opposing sides trying to get the townies the believe them. Ultimately they both died.One got voted out and the other was hit by the vigilante. Another funny thing in that game was all the Roleplaying and the Ian Sane role who was Mario.Mario was pretty funny in that game.

Anyway I have 1 more and this game he guided his team to victory. I am talking about steveys Hawtness Mafia.Mafia 30. In that game I was the Investigator.Khushrenada and Spak-Spang had Roles and we happened to find each other on the first day.The Mafia didn't have a chance.
After my indecision on the DAaaMan64 vote.Spak-Spang took it to Vudu who was free from capture the next morning. He stated his reasons perfectly and at that point we knew all of the townie roles. So vudu couldn't really fight his way out of the vote.He did make a valiant effort but in the end he was voted out.

That is my case for Spak-Spang.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:58:09 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2013, 03:47:32 AM »
Holy **** how long did it take to make this thread

I was one of the winners in the first Mafia :cool:
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2013, 12:40:17 AM »
I WANT TO JOIN!! l would be awesome being the "second master of evil compared to toddra"
It's time to stir things up!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
Hey, IceCold. Long time, no post.

Uh, I forget how long. The big thing was just going back through the funhouse and finding the links to the threads. From that point, it didn't take two long to make the first couple posts linking them all.

That said, I should really do an update again and add the 20 or so games that have been played since the last update. Thanks for stopping in to comment.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »
It's Not.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
Not what?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
Khush thanks for updating this.  I really wanted to review my Crisis Mafia game.  That game was one of the most difficult games I hosted, but it was so fun. 

I realized back in the day we gave prizes and had higher support for Mafia.  I wish I had a Nintendo system and gifting abilities to do that again.  I think those prizes and closeness of community really helped those games develop and become bigger.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
I haven't updated it for over 4 years now. But if all goes well, plans are in the works to do a couple big projects for this forum including updating this thread so that it is current again. Hoping to have most of it done by the end of the year. I'll mention when it is all completed.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
I really miss the community that we had here once.  I dropped away for a long time, and I needed to...and I think I will never have the same experience here again, since I have stepped out of gaming.  But I loved the Secret Santa programs, the prize Mafias and all the effort the community put into supporting each other. 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »
I think it is possible for the community to increase and rebound but there are a few factors and steps that need to be taken in order to get there. I suppose I could make another topic about it where it might actually get seen more and to keep this Mafia focused but not sure it will really accomplish much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
Keep up the good work on this. I'm sure we will get new blood. We have Pokepal and Lucarioboy. They are both relatively new. These things then to go in cycles.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast