Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 493646 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #1225 on: March 20, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »
So I got to play a little today. I woke up with bed head.I noticed there was lots of four leaf clovers around.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 21, 2009, 01:07:03 AM »
Finally got my fountain today!  Now to start the everlasting journey of getting a gold axe...
I also really want to do something neat with my town but drawing patterns is tedious work.
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1227 on: March 21, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »
What types of patterns do you want to make Gylldas?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 21, 2009, 10:37:31 AM »
I'd like to make some neat path patterns and some patterns to make my town gate a plaza of sorts.  Kind of similar to that town on Wii Folder.  So far I have one pattern of many that I need for my plaza.  It took like two hours just to make that one...

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1229 on: March 21, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
I think tonight I will check if there are any towns open so I can come in and hang out. Its been a while since I played with NWR members.

If there aren't any open villages I will open my gates.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 21, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »
I'm on right now, if nobody else has their gates open I'll open mine.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 21, 2009, 09:40:45 PM »
I'm on right now, if nobody else has their gates open I'll open mine.

Mmm... roast loach  ;)

Looks like some more DLC will come our way, though I can't find the link for it... keep you eye out for Pete to show up at an unexpected time!

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 21, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »
Had fun playing with Pap and GP even though GP scared all the fish away. :(  Sorry I had a hard time understanding you.  I don't have the best hearing in the world and Wii Speak doesn't have the best sound quality. 

Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1233 on: March 21, 2009, 11:40:35 PM »
Had fun playing with Pap and GP even though GP scared all the fish away. :(  Sorry I had a hard time understanding you.  I don't have the best hearing in the world and Wii Speak doesn't have the best sound quality. 

Hope you enjoyed your visit!

It was fun. And forgive me! I have a cold so my throat was sore and scratchy, so I didn't speak as loudly as I could.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 22, 2009, 04:08:56 AM »
sorry that I wasn't really there when you visited. I had to go to work eventually and decided to leave it on with the gate open so that people could have a look around my town and use my nooks.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 22, 2009, 11:33:43 PM »
Lost my fishing tourney by .1 inch... >:(

Didn't help that my villagers were stingy during the flea market. They sure weren't getting any of my stuff then....

Does the town culminate your donations, or does it start from scratch after you pass a milestone? For example, you donated 200k for the bridge, and it costs 500k for the next one. Do you need to put 300k or start over?

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1236 on: March 22, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »
Lost my fishing tourney by .1 inch... >:(

Didn't help that my villagers were stingy during the flea market. They sure weren't getting any of my stuff then....

Does the town culminate your donations, or does it start from scratch after you pass a milestone? For example, you donated 200k for the bridge, and it costs 500k for the next one. Do you need to put 300k or start over?

If you donated more than the required amount it will be carried over to the funds. In other words, if you donated 500 K for the bridge, that leaves 200 K and you only need to deposit the amount needed to complete the project.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1237 on: March 24, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »
OK, I think its time I updated on my City Folk experience.

For the last few weeks I've been trying to collect as most items as possible. Everything from furniture to clothing items, I've even printed a huge 30 page check list and checked off everything that I have.

For this I've been going to an Animal Crossing Community that specializes on helping players get missing and rare items as well as helping them get the most out of their AC experience. They offer everything from auctions and trades to design and decorating tips.

Thanks to them I've been able to get the perfect Kiddie Set room, which gave me 120 K points from the HRA.

Right now I am planning on paying off the mortgages of my three other houses so I can remodel them and create themed rooms. For example, one house is going to serve as a daycare, school and hospital. The other house is going to be a boutique (hoping to give Gracie some competition) and finally my other house is going to offer a biker bar and a boxing ring. Combine this with the two Nintendo museums I have in my house and St. Hope will be a happening, busy place.

Once I finish this I hope to donate more bells to Town Hall and see if I get a windmill.

Once all of this is done I hope to open my town more often so everyone can some and check it out, even S_B (which has been MIA for a while now :( ).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 24, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
Right now I am planning on paying off the mortgages of my three other houses so I can remodel them and create themed rooms. For example, one house is going to serve as a daycare, school and hospital. The other house is going to be a boutique (hoping to give Gracie some competition) and finally my other house is going to offer a biker bar and a boxing ring. Combine this with the two Nintendo museums I have in my house and St. Hope will be a happening, busy place.

Wow- that sounds brilliant.  I hope I can visit when you have the houses set up.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 26, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »
The next piece of DLC will celebrate a hardware release, hint hint.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline SirSniffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 26, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »
waaaah, I never got anything from Nintendo  :'(
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 26, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
Did you enable WiiConnect24 functionality in your game and do you have WiiConnect24 enabled in general?

Offline SirSniffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 26, 2009, 12:17:56 PM »
yes, I have had it connected for a long time. I have never gotten anything special from Nintendo outside of last night's mega update. Just weird.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »
Well boot up your game and see if Pete delivers the present to your doorstep, Pete delivered last week's DLC which was the shamrock hat.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1244 on: March 26, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
Hmm, I am glad they are finally giving us the Red Pikmin hat. Doesn't matter to me though since I already got it from somebody with a Japanese copy (Japan got the hat a few months ago).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1245 on: March 26, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
One thing to remember guys; make sure to toss some unread and worthless letters. If you letter inventory is full Pete will not give you the DLC and you have to reload the save file just to try again.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1246 on: March 26, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
It's not a big deal, you can just wait for the next time he delivers (I think he does it twice a day, 9AM and 5PM).

I usually keep my letter slots full and that gives me 10 storage spaces for stuff like shells.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 27, 2009, 12:15:59 AM »
And now, for something completely different...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline rad.i.kal

• View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #1248 on: March 27, 2009, 02:29:29 AM »
I havent played this game in FOREVER! i want to play with my sister and cousin, but neither can figure out online! my sister is 9 and my cousin is handicapped haha.... working on it!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 29, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »
Hmm, I am glad they are finally giving us the Red Pikmin hat. Doesn't matter to me though since I already got it from somebody with a Japanese copy (Japan got the hat a few months ago).

I've been wearing mine all the time lately, got tired of the crown I'd been wearing.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?