Author Topic: Need Website help please  (Read 2058 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Need Website help please
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:46:28 PM »
I have tried doing this before back when I had Gamerz Jackpot but it didn't work out how I wanted it to.

See what I want to do is create an RSS feed for my blog, which is currently hosted on Myspace, and make it so the posts show up on the homepage of the website when I update the blog but still look like a part of the website and not Myspace. I designed the Myspace page to look like the website using the same theme and it looks a lot better than anything I have done before, but I do not remember how I did this the last time and if I do it I want it to look like a part of the site.

So basically when you goto the home page there is a space that will show the posts of the blog on the front page so when I post new blogs it shows up on the home page. Anyone know an easy way to do this? Or know of a script I could download or something? I did it before but it took forever and a day and never quit looked how I wanted it to. The website in question can be found by going to rats collectibles and clicking on the link at the top of the page. The myspace blog can be found also on the home page of the new site.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Need Website help please
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:31:11 AM »
I'd be surprised if you could do this because Myspace pretty mcuh doens't use any cool coding at all and probably wouldn't support RSS.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
Oh god, you want to extend Myspace?

Nah, I'm not touching that stuff with a ten foot pole. But if I was looking I'd start by googling "Facebook API"

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:43:09 AM »
I plan on moving the blog off of myspace eventually, and they do have RSS I subscribe to my Myspace via my Yahoo 360 so I know it is possible. The last time I did this it was with Wordpress but I will never use that worthless pile of garbage ever again so now I am looking for another solution. 

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27:10 PM »
Just wait till you get a blog on your site. If you have direct access to the database that the blog is using, you could just have the Home Page run a script that pulls the data. It would be awesome if MySpace would allow read access to their blog DB though.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »
That was what I was figured I just was hoping there would be an easier way to do this. Ok so my next question is what blog software, NOT Wordpress, should I use then?