Author Topic: RE: Advance Game Port Now Available  (Read 3058 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Advance Game Port Now Available
« on: July 02, 2004, 05:30:18 AM »
It's a mystery how it works, but you can now play GBA games on your TV through your GC's memory card slot, for cheaper than Nintendo's hardware option.

CREATE YOUR OWN POWERFUL GAME BOY ADVANCE CHEAT CODES - JUST LIKE THE PROS!

July 2nd, 2004 - Datel is renowned the world over for providing gamers with powerful, professionally produced cheat codes to beat even the toughest games. Now, thanks to the new Advance Game Port, you can attain the rank of master code creator.

Advance Game Port (AGP) lets you play Game Boy Advance and SP games on any TV screen, using your Nintendo GameCube as a launch pad. Enjoy your GBA/SP games in full screen glory - without having to worry about expensive batteries, screen lights or slow recharge kits. You can even use your GameCube game pad, complete with analogue joystick, to control the on-screen action.

So how does it work? Simple - just slot the AGP cartridge into your GameCube's second memory card slot, then insert a GBA/SP game cartridge. In just a few seconds you'll be experiencing your favourite games like you've never seen them before...and beating them too!

AGP draws its unique code-cracking power from Cheat Construction Kit, a built-in, fully functional version of Action Replay, the world's best selling cheat system for Game Boy Advance and SP. You can access thousands of built-in codes for all the latest and greatest GBA/SP games, all from your TV screen. The Action Replay feature is fully updateable too, so you can grab all the latest codes for new games from www.codejunkies.com.

Want a new code that no one else has thought of? Then why not do it yourself? It's surprisingly easy to generate your own GBA cheats such as infinite lives, time or bullets, and store them in your own customised code library. A step-by-step DVD video tutorial is also included for beginners.

The powerful cheat codes created with AGP can be shared with fellow AGP users, and can also be used on Datel's standalone Action Replay cheat cartridge for GBA/SP (available separately).

AGP is small, portable and lightweight, and it's compatible with hundreds of GBA titles including Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. You don't even need a Game Boy Advance or SP to use it. Straight out of the box, AGP contains everything you need to play your GBA/SP games your way.

Visit www.codejunkies.com for more details and ordering information.

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 05:50:19 AM »
I'm kinda curious how this works...
So, it just copies a GBA rom into itself then emulates it on the cube?   How many games does it hold at once? ...and how isn't this illegal >_>

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Advance Game Port Now Available
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 06:18:24 AM »
Its a knock off of Nintendo's Gameboy Player exept the port that it connects through (mem card B wow weird) and has  a cheat device built in.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 06:28:54 AM »
action replay one comes with save states and this one with a hacking code system
you would think thats back to front lol
sounds good thu

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 07:41:08 AM »
"In just a few seconds you'll be experiencing your favourite games like you've never seen them before...and beating them too!"
Way to insult my skills.  Still, I may watch out for this, I want a Gameboy Player but they're rather expensive.

Edit: fixed up quote.

That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 11:27:39 AM »
The one I have absolutely sucks.....it doesn't even play mario vs. donkey kong...and i usually have to reset the thing 5 times before it will load the game normal... Most games also play slower than they should...

I'm not sure if its the same as this thing though??!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline roninwood.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 02:30:59 PM »
ya did nt this thing come out along time ago

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 04:44:59 PM »
There still selling these things?  Give me the actual hardware of the GBPlayer any day of the week.  This thing is an emulator programmed inside the memory card, and a rather iffy one speed wise at that.  And it doesn't play GB games either.

Offline marsbarrow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 10:01:01 PM »
Why is this in the news?   I've seen this thing at GameStop since before the end of last year...  whatever.
*BORN TO PLAY*

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 03:40:43 AM »

Originally posted by: marsbarrow
Why is this in the news?   I've seen this thing at GameStop since before the end of last year...  whatever.

I believe that the older model didn't include the cheating capabilities....
Grr. Argh.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 04:04:19 AM »
Yeah, I've heard horrible things about the version that was already released...  It's buggy and does *not* play Game Boy/Game Boy Color games...

My question is, does it play those Game Boy Video things that don't work on the Game Boy Player?  
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.