Author Topic: The yellow snowballed (Dead thread)  (Read 9404 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The yellow snowballed (Dead thread)
« on: January 14, 2008, 08:02:29 PM »
Dude, the hell was that?!?

The townies are just being lined up against the wall. Is this even winnable for the townies?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: The yellow snowballed (Dead thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
There are five mafia members. There are 16 townies.  There are two neutrals.  It is very winnable for the townies.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:The yellow snowballed (Dead thread)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Well there goes any hope of Hobbes being cured. Susie is a dum head.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »
Why?!

I DID WHAT YOU BULLIED ME TO DO MAFIA?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
Ha ha ha. I have the full story now and who is who. Hilarious. To the T-Rex, I'm sorry I misinterpreted your clues. I took what you where trying to tell me and thought it revealed something else about you.

Congrats to the mafia. You deserve it. You handled me really well and kept my efforts thwarted many a time. In fact, there were still some people who still wouldn't trust that I was Hobbes. Unreal.

When you can see the whole picture, the revelations come so fast as you understand how this happened and why this occured. I have to laugh.

I still don't regret my decision to reveal myself as Hobbes. I still think that helped get something going for the townies. Whether it proves to be to great a force or not remains to be seen. Hobbes was a great role. In some ways, I'm like him.

I just get so excited over an idea but it can also hurt me too. I regret the TVMan death. I figured he would have voted more if he was a townie. And I although I didn't vote for 18 Days, I figured it might be wise to let the vote against him win out. Since he was claiming I was mafia and that was something he did last game when he had an ability he was trying to hide, it seemed worth pursuing. Like Stamper said in Tomorrow Never Dies, "We die together, Mr. Bond."

Finally, congrats to Thatguy for making a game with rules that confused even me. But the fact that he is staying on top of it all is amazing. So good work. I imagine you've emptied your pm box 3 times already.

So, with that, I will now take my final bow and wish the remaining players good luck. And hopefully someone can pull off a win condition where Hobbes is still included in the win even if dead. May much fortunate come upon those players especially. I'm a greedy son of a gun. And what better farewell can there be for Hobbes than Bill Waterson's own ending? I leave that with you.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
Hey, you all have confused me, too.  It took me a long time to realize that "Confused" didn't mean that you didn't know how to play, but rather it meant that most people don't know who was who, what abilities could lead to a surprising outcome, and all of that.  When everyone was saying "Confused" I thought it meant they didn't know how to play, or that the rules made no sense, or that a role made no sense, or something like that.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »
I bet Susie feels really dumb now, I could have protected Hobbes.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »
I am so annoyed that I didn't change my vote to Vudu, with dcoyman changing his vote for me in the last moment, I would've locked it up. Shame.

Golden Pheonix, you're still the stupidest player yet seen by trying to mend Hobbes before he was even broken. I remember reading day two and being all "Calvin's Mum did what?" and then "GP was Calvin's Mum" and laughing.

EDIT: I shuldn't call someone stupid while putting like 50 commas into  sentence
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »
Wow 18 days, that is rough.  I remember the first time I played with a power and fearing I was going to be dead first day like I had been the first 5 games I played.  I panicked and used the power as much as possible, and talked crazy almost telegraphing who I was.

So, I can see Phoenix taking a stab in the dark just playing the game since she had a good fear to think we would be dead.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:11:50 AM »
Yeah I guess, I'll take it back. Did I tell you that I hand picked you for that role Spak Spang? I think I made the other mafia godfather someone else similarly inexperienced. The results were everything I had hoped for.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:49:05 AM »
Thanks.  

I have a lot to owe to you in that game.  It taught me how to play Mafia.  Until then I had no clue.  Now, I know I am not a skilled player, but I believe I can do a move or two...or at least survive a day.  

But, my real love now is actually hosting the games, and forming twists to the game.  I already have my next twist figured out, and I am just waiting for the day I can actually host the game again.  

I personally really like this game, but the roles and the number of roles was staggering at first.  I still don't know what everyone does or how to vote because I feel I don't even know what anyone does.  

I will try to keep my next game simple, but still have a twist like a hidden role, or a role that doesn't play like you expected.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 04:27:34 AM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days
I am so annoyed that I didn't change my vote to Vudu, with dcoyman changing his vote for me in the last moment, I would've locked it up. Shame.

Golden Pheonix, you're still the stupidest player yet seen by trying to mend Hobbes before he was even broken. I remember reading day two and being all "Calvin's Mum did what?" and then "GP was Calvin's Mum" and laughing.

EDIT: I shuldn't call someone stupid while putting like 50 commas into  sentence

I mended Hobbes because I felt there was a chance Khush was going to be offed by someone else. It was a risk, not like it mattered because I got killed on day 1. Not to mention I still wasn't quite sure how all the roles worked. That doesn't even get into the fact that I really haven't any time to get used to the game dieing on day 1 once and day 2 another time.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 04:42:48 AM »
Right, GP had an extra try at mending, and she knows that people like to kill her in these games, so she didn't exactly do anything wrong.  She was killed by Suzie.  I chalk that up to "wrong place at the wrong time."

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
Why Susie, why?

Oh well, truck on townies! We never did kill a mafia member yet, but there are only two to go. Plus, I have faith you guys can organize and take down that dino.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
I'm checking in.

decoyman has it all wrong. Hopefully someone else can piece it together who isn't mafia.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
Actually, I should feel proud... two people had it out for me on the same night.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »
Not all wrong, Bustin. Mostly wrong, but not completely. Did you read my whole PM?

But I'm stepping down anyways. Someone else needs to take point. I'll just start aiming at whoever they want.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 11:52:28 PM »
I don't mind being dead.  I can't use the distraction from school, which was why I wasn't on late.  

To make sense of the mafia killing their own...I had an action in place that switched the attacks of two people.  The original idea was that we would target a character and force them to attack a more dangerous character, and kill both of them with one shot.  I didn't think of the double edge sword striking me down.  Because I thought people believing I was Mrs. Wormwood would not put a night action against me.  

Oh well.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44:25 AM »
YOU.

IT WAS YOU.

--vedetta--
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 05:54:14 AM »
Decoyman:  Sorry.  The first day all I knew was Khush as hobbes, so I just played with him.

But day two I knew you were Spiff so I started playing with your roles, and randomly got real lucky on the Khush kill.  

My next plan didn't work well because I am dead.  My Mafia wasn't sure of my plan...but it doesn't matter now, we will die within the next 2 days and it will be over.  My plan if we could have gotten it to work would have been the only means of a mafia when, even with my sacrifice.

Oh well.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
Well, I felt I should give a little more elongated response here as opposed to the quick one(s) I left last night. To put some preface on my comments, this was my first mafia game, and I ended up getting much more wrapped into it than I had expected (and the lack of work I accomplished during the period backs that claim up pretty well).

What got me to make the plunge with this one, besides the awesome Calvin and Hobbes motif, was the complexity of this particular game. You really had to read the rules up and down, and I loved the elaborate roles that had been developed, even though as a townie I was mostly trying to deduce how others were using them. I especially loved the T-Rex dynamic, as there were subtle ways to try and track who that might be, although one of those was patched up. So, yeah, a few people complained about the intricate manner in which the game was set up, but that added to the excitement for me.

As for my own demise... to be honest, I felt I was going to be killed much sooner in the game, as I was making myself very public. I was surprised each night when the mafia didn't select me, and was especially shocked after the T-Rex spared me following my open tirade to try and bring him out into the open. In the end, my time had clearly come, as how many people can say they were killed twice before even hitting the ground?

Also, I don't hold anyone accountable for what occurred, and I'm making that clear as decoyman appeared to take it pretty badly after last night's round. The game is a lot of smoke and mirrors, and you always have to second guess everything. I made a lot of bad calls as well, and it happens. Everyone should just know that I'm still rooting for my fellow townies. The end of the game is almost here, with just three targets left, the townies can win this. More innocents on the townie side will perish, that's unavoidable, but I have faith you guys can pull it together.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
oh yeah, I knew shyguy was mafia. He was too close for comfort. I wonder if my other name will come true.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
Gee. It's a great feeling to have 4 out of 5 of your mafia team killed by TWO serial killers COMBINED who you have almost no power to influence.

That said, I outlived Khush! Fun times!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 06:53:06 PM »
Who all did the mafia get killed by?
ShyGuy by Vote
Kairon by Suzie
Spak by Kairon
Patchkid by someone I forgot
Crimm by someone I forgot

Maybe the last two deaths never happened?

For the recored, they happened on the same night.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 07:04:19 PM »
Crim was killed by the T-Rex (heat-seeking missile).

Patchkid15 was killed by susie that same night. The third night. The night T-Rex got to kill.

And when Spak was killed, that was when it got switched via Rosalyn powers.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.