Author Topic: NBA Playoff Thread  (Read 7759 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: NBA Playoff Thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »
I'm from Cleveland, I'm watching... even though I've hated the NBA for a while now.  (Got to support Cleveland sports! We rock! in spirit!)

And yes it was a foul.... the camera crews caught the San A. coaching talking about "fouls" durring his timeout.  He was trying to foul him intentionally....

However we had SOOOO many chances to score and between horibile shots, and decent shots not falling in .... bah.

I just want one win so there's no sweep, for the cities sake.

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:NBA Playoff Thread
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key

Originally posted by: Ages
Decided to bring this thread back from the dead....umm....that was such a foul on LeBron last night

Lowest scoring NBA Final since the shot clock was introduced and this is the thing you notice?

Well it was the conclusion of the game.  Pretty much decided the outcome.  Though, frankly the only difference this game has in the series is whether or not the Spurs won the series 4-0 or 4-1.  I think San Antonio is getting the brooms out if ya know what i mean
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:NBA Playoff Thread
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 04:51:04 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: NBA Playoff Thread
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »
Spurs are cheaters, ever since they paid off the reffs for phoenix, iv been rooting for everyone to beat the Spurs
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoff Thread
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
The Spurs got beat by the awesomeness that is the New Phoenix Suns in their home court last night.

Playoffs are now less than two weeks away anybody got predictions? I was a little nervous about Shaq going to the Suns but he did ok last night.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:22 PM »
I expect Boston and New Orleans to live up to their number 1 seeds.  I'm a huge Suns fans and while I'm kind of bummed that they gave up on their core team for the Shaq trade, I still want them to do well.

Philadelphia has been beating great teams for the last month or so, so they are my dark horse overall.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it to at least the eastern conference finals in some form.

I predict Dallas to go down in the first round again this year.  I also think the Lakers are going to choke when they try and work Bynum back in.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »
Nash was actually playing pretty good last night considering he's been having back trouble. The Suns were so close last year. Of course I'm a Bulls fan first Suns are my number 2 team but Bulls ain't been doing nothing for me this year.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 02:13:29 AM »
While I'd love to see Celtics vs. Lakers if only for nostalgia's sake, I'm going to go with Lakers vs. Magic in the NBA Finals, just because I like the Magic, hate the Pistons, and think Boston is going to choke hardcore in the playoffs. The only other team worth mentioning in the East is Cleveland and I don't think they're going anywhere. They have the 2nd best player in the NBA (next to Bryant) but the rest of the team just isn't anywhere near as helpful as they need to be. Also, I like the Sixers, but the best they can hope for is to slow down the Pistons.

I haven't really been keeping up with the NBA though I usually only pay attention during the playoffs. I hope, at least, this year's playoffs aren't the complete letdown that last year's playoffs were which were defined by the lame Suns/Spurs series outcome and the ultra boring Finals crush where we just watched the Spurs mow through the Cavs because Lebron James is the only player on that team who came ready to play anything resembling basketball in the Finals.