Author Topic: So, what TV shows do you guys watch?  (Read 6633 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:So, what TV shows do you guys watch?
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 09:35:59 PM »
I think that The Sipmsons, Family Guy, and Spomgebob, all share the same fate. They started off so strongly, that they can no longer top themselves.

I've totally given up on Spongebob, but I still watch the other 2 because they are still funny, just not instant classics like their older episodes. I still catch Spongebob sometimes but I only watch if its episode I've already seen. Fairly Odd Parents was alright but I got tired of it. I also used to watch Blues Clues, but I don't like the new guy. Long Live Steve!

I thought I would list some old cartoons I used to watch starting with one of my all time favorites, but in no particular order after that.

Centurions
G.I Joe
Captain Planet
Johnny Quest
Batman (every single kind ever, including the live action show with spandex Robin *POW* lol)
X-Men
Spiderman (same as Batman, including the short lived live action show)
Transformers(all kinds)
Masters of the Universe
Super Friends
Justice League (all kinds)
Thundercats
King Arthur( I can't remember if that was the name, but that's what it was about)
Smurfs
Snorks
Care Bears
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
(I also forgot to list Aqua Teen Hunger Force in my first post)
Then there are two that I loved that I can't remember the names of;

1. It was set in space and humans were fighting against these alien creatures and against space pirates. They used these bad-ass exo-skeletons to fight. I remember in the last season I saw they found this alien like lab or something where the aliens were being bred. I remember the last episode I saw they teamed up with the Space Pirates to try and take out the aliens for good. Then the captain gave a little monologue at the end saying, "maybe someday there will be an enemy so strong, we'll have to join forces with the aliens" not an exact quote but we're talking like 12 years ago, but that stuck with me because I always wondered about what kind of enemy would come next.

2. The other show was on Cartoon Network way back in the day but it was more popular to my knowledge. They even made an appearance on Family Guy. It was with pre-historic warriors, they had a pterodactyl, and triceratop for allies, along with these two blob like creatures. It was a man, his (hot if I remember correctly) wife, and their son.

edit: mistakes fixed
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 06:10:05 AM »

I also used to watch Blues Clues, but I don't like the new guy. Long Live Steve

Damn you must be smokin' some goood sh!t. That the only way I could imagine an adult sitting through something as elementary as Blues Clues, is in a stoned blood shot stare, entertained that you also saw the red crayon sitting on the blue table, all while eating an oversized bowl of fruity pebbles.

I used to watch Sponge Bob and I used to find it absolutely hilarious, but I haven't watched it in a while, especially since I forced myself to sit through the movie and didn't really find it funny.3

As far as all those other cartoons, I used to watch almost all of those two, but I don't know the last two you described.

And cartoons that I still watch evcery now and then:
ATHF, Morel Orel, FG, AD, Futurama, Inuyasha(maybe I sould just say that I let [adult swim] play until something I really don't like comes on, or something better comes on a different channel).

I also forgot to mention that I occaionally watch Law & Order: CI & SVU

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE: So, what TV shows do you guys watch?
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
Oh man. I really miss Arrested Development and Futurama.  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »
I'm watching the Jack Bauer Power Hour, several hours at a time!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 05:08:28 AM »
"Can we all agree that the Simpsons has been really sucking lately?"

Yesterday my brother wanted to watch the episode where Homer gets accused of sexual harassment.  I couldn't remember what season it was so I looked it up online so I'm not farting through all my DVDs.  I had no idea there are 18 seasons of the show.  There are so many seasons now that the era of Simpsons that I like is in fact a minority.  I used to say "I like the Simpsons except..." but now it be more accurate to say "I hate the Simpsons except...".  Time flies.

I own Seasons 1 to 7 on DVD and that is all The Simpsons I need.  Season 1 is a little weak since they hadn't quite got into the groove yet and 7 is starting to slide with annoying episodes like Lisa becoming a vegetarian.  Season 8 and beyond I actually find frustrating and annoying to watch.  It just isn't funny to me at all.  The characters are different then the ones I became attached to in the earlier seasons.  A lot of people still watched the show then and it took years until people I knew finally thought I wasn't a weirdo for hating the Simpsons.  I think the show prior to that point had a different style of humour and I just didn't find the "new style" funny.  People who do don't get why I don't like the show because the stuff I point out is stuff they find hilarious.  Different people find different things funny I guess.

I stopped watching for good during the horse episode.  Once Homer went to the land of the jockeys I turned the TV off.  It was so horrible I didn't even feel like watching the rest of the episode.  Since then I periodically tune in to see if things have improved but just watching for a few minutes shows me that the same unfunny annoying style is still there.  So there's no point in watching ever again.  This just isn't the Simpsons I'm a fan of.

Though at the very least when I say that Seasons 3 to 6 were absolutely amazing almost everyone agrees, including younger fans you might not even have been BORN yet when those episodes first aired.  Regardless of when one thinks the show jumped the shark or if one thinks the show has always been great the general opinion of what time period was the best is near universal.  So even if I find over half of the Simpsons entire run to be unfunny at least what Simpsons material I do find funny is funny to everyone.

Everyone likes the Stonecutters episode.  EVERYONE.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:03 AM »
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

Hm, yes, that looks pretty complete.