Author Topic: THe real reason Project HAMMER looks samey  (Read 5155 times)

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
THe real reason Project HAMMER looks samey
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:28:43 AM »
Is because Nintendo are gutless

According to Nintendo, players get to be one of Project H.A.M.M.E.R.'s cyborgs. They will be charged with no less than saving the world from killer robots that are terrorizing America.

Nintendo need to be more controversial. How about we take control of terrorists who are saving Damascus from American cyborgs that are terrorising the world?

I like my idea much better. Don't Americans play games that aren't set in America or something?
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline willie1234

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:THe real reason Project HAMMER looks samey
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:34:03 AM »
*sigh*

Offline ProtoNY

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:37:17 AM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days
Is because Nintendo are gutless

Nintendo need to be more controversial. How about we take control of terrorists who are saving Damascus from American cyborgs that are terrorising the world?

I like my idea much better. Don't Americans play games that aren't set in America or something?

Or how about a game where we take control of irresponsible posters who are trolling because of disappointing Sony conference and terrorising this board?

I like *my* idea much better.  Trolls suck.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: THe real reason Project HAMMER looks samey
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:39:18 AM »
i like to hit things with big objects
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »
Keep my games in Mushroom Kingdom, USA!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 08:48:57 AM »
wait, the game's from from Nintendo? I seriously didnt know! O_o.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 09:07:58 AM »
I groaned when I learnt that Disaster was set in America too. There are other countries you know! How about the game was set in Dacca, Bangledesh? Or Montevideo, Uruguy. Take that cool art and put it into a cool setting.

This is as bad as the whole Freedom Fighters debacle.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 09:20:16 AM »
While I agree that the games are America-centric, so are a lot of titles.  GTA and True Crime for example.

Hammer probably could have done without any country as a backdrop.  It's supposed to be futuristic, who cares what country it's in?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline willie1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »
this thread needs to be locked.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »

Or Montevideo, Uruguay.

o_O!!!!!!!

name that game, because I didn't know that a game took place here oO
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 09:23:49 AM »

I groaned when I learnt that Disaster was set in America too. There are other countries you know! How about the game was set in Dacca, Bangledesh? Or Montevideo, Uruguy. Take that cool art and put it into a cool setting.

As far as I'm concerned, a game from Japan which is set anywhere but Tokyo is progress.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Spiritually Direct
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »
Project Hammer and Day of Disater both look great. Not so much for the games themselves, but because it shows Nintendo reaching out to that new audience. New IP's targeted at the 18-35 male demo. Add some marketable main characters, and you've got a game.

I'm hoping third parties will leap aboard with a good GTA-style game and a good RPG. Those are catagories Nintendo doesn't really do. (Sorry, Golden Sun)
smash brothers : 5069-3792-8710

wii: 2034-1057-8595-3928

if you send me a PM, I'll add you more quickly

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 10:56:03 AM »
This game got a whole lot more interesting when I learned that you use the nunchuck and remote in tandem.  Like an actual hammer.
I'm still not interested, but it sounds promising.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline denjet78

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
Disaster really turned me off. It looked too... "Sony"? And I just, I really don't like those kinds of games. However, Nintendo is involved and the Wii remote is being used so if it's possible to make a game like that interesting to me, Nintendo might actually find it.

Hammer actually has my interest. I love how, by todays standards that is, retarded it is. How many games have you played where the entire game was ruined because the developer just kept adding stuff and adding stuff, not because they thought it would make the game any better but just because they thought it was "cool" or it would sell better? Simple games rule! Of course Nintendo will probably make it only seem like it's simple. Underneith it will probably be incredibly complex and evolved, we just won't realize it because of all the fun we're having!

My only qualm is that it's being developed by NST. I haven't really liked anything that they've done so far, and I was rather dissapointed with their treatment of WaveRace on the GC.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 03:57:11 PM »
Project HAMMER has already got some positive impressions, so it's a great start...<3 NST!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 04:04:22 PM »
It looks like Hammer could be a smash hit (oh, such a terrible pun...). Right now the engine's in place and the basic concept of the game is nailed down (help, I can't stop...). As long as they don't mess it up, it should be good. Might be a pretty good launch game.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 04:34:30 PM »
I love all the goofy, NES or SNES game like plot summaries for the 3 new "coregamer" IPs from Nintendo.  It's pretty obvious the story was derived from the gameplay, not the other way around.

It reminds me of "Ninjas have kidnapped the President... are you a bad enough dude to stop them?"

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 11:27:40 PM »

Cool! Do we get to kill lots of innocent people?

This is as bad as the whole Freedom Fighters debacle.

Wait, let me get this straight. You don't like EA's Freedom Fighters because you think it's propaganda or something, right? And you think that this propaganda is comparable to just setting a game in the United States? Isn't that a bit like saying, "Ubisoft Paris setting a videogame in Japan? There are other countries you know! This is almost as bad as that whole whitewashing the raping of Nanking in Japanese textbooks debacle."

But I suppose trying to enter logic into this is pointless.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 11:35:53 PM »
Yeah guys, this hasn't really crossed the line yet, but with the mess that is E3, I want to avoid some crazy political argument.  Enjoy the games.  Read about them.  Don't look too deep into them.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram