Author Topic: Game Music MP3 sites?  (Read 9116 times)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« on: February 19, 2003, 02:05:10 AM »
I wanna find some music for Diddy Kong Racing. After mentioning the game in my post in 'are you happy with your Gamecube' thread, i just can't get Walrus Cove, Frosty Village and Pirate Lagoon out of my head, and I need to do something. WinMX has failed to find some people with DKR MP3s, searching through Google is endless, and Dk Vine is now down. Does anyone know any sites that have MP3s (not Midi, cause I have them and they're not the same as the original) of this addictive game? OR, does anyone here have ICQ so I can download off them?  
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline strat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 04:36:15 PM »
Why are you wasting your time with WinMX?  Just download Kazaa and you'll have what you want in a matter of minutes.
[] * []
Strat

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 05:01:54 PM »
Kazaa smells of ass too =P

Anyway, a fantastic game music site is [L=]http://www.media-zero.com[/L]
Only problem is they're down at the moment, rebuilding the entire place. But it's got anything you could ever want there, including Diddy Kong Racing!

And although this doesn't have DKR, [L=Text]http://remix.overclocked.org/index.php[/L] is a bloody great site for remixed game music. Some of the DKC remixes are stunning in all their instrumental glory!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 05:11:08 PM »
What is Kazaa? Is it like WinMX or something?
So do you think it sux eh Infernal?
Guess I'll just have to see.
As long as it's not like Mirc, I'm happy.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 06:37:34 PM »
I use Kazaalite.  I have no complaints.  But isn't this illegal?  O_o
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 02:46:46 PM »
yeah the OC remix site is great cant wait to start DLing from them in force once i get cable

yes, get kazaa lite from www.kazaalite.nl its minus the adds/spyware etc, much better in my opinion ^_^ but you cant get "everything" you want off it specially if you dont have main stream tastes in music, but it is pretty damn good

its hardly illegal to DL video game music, especially when you own the game like Termin8anakin does

also check out www.ebay.com.au for video game music, im the owner of a chrono trigger sound track and my ocarina of time one is being sent as i type

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 06:24:59 PM »

its hardly illegal to DL video game music, especially when you own the game like Termin8anakin does

Yeah, and when you don't actually own the game. Just tell yourself you do. Just like you do when faced with downloading ROMS

"You can only d/l this ROM if you have the original game. Do you own this Neo-Geo arcade cabnit?"

*Looks around empty room, clicks yes* =D

Yeah, and Ebay is a fantastic place to get OST's. Lots of people sell them for cheap. I picked up an original copy of the DKC OST "DK Jamz" about two years back. Mint condition, ended up costing me $25 all up!

I don't think there was an official Diddy Kong Racing OST though. Pity.
Rare are so damn talented when it comes to cartridge music...

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 10:55:14 AM »
Actually, you are permitted a backup of your game, but ONLY your own copy of the game.  Downloading ROMs is always illegal, regardless of whether you own the game or not, as it is not a backup of your copy.

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 12:45:47 PM »
Overclocked Remix is definitely where you want to look.
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 01:25:24 PM »
There is actually an official Diddi Kong Racing soundtrack. I was looking for Mp3s the hard way, and I came across the site with all the track listings. I think though, like all game soundtracks, it's from Japan.

But I'll try Media-Zero once it's up. Overclocked Remix, I'll try now. I tried Kazaa, and it's too clunky. Too much like IMesh. Once you get to used to the ease of use WinMX has, it's pretty hard to go back. I'll have a look at EBay as well. Thanks fellas. Oh, is EBay Australia?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 01:37:05 PM »
I think someone needs to make the N64 equivalent to the SPC or PSF.  I would, except I have very little knowledge of assembly, ROM hacking, or N64 hardware...

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 12:08:44 PM »
[sales pitch]
yes ebay is australian
well... technically its american, but several countries have their own website, us being one of them
Ebay <-- click there for it

you can buy stuff from foreign ebay sites (both my sound tracks came from america) and you can do it all from ebay.com.au cause it nicely converts the currancy to $au prices quite helpfull really
[/sales pitch]

just use your noodle and ebay is fine
there is shonky stuff on there, but good stuff out weighs it 20:1 easily, how ever, i once saw someone selling pokemon ruby/saphire roms, about a month or two ago... and from why i could decipher from the poorly written item description i think it was only instructions on how to DL it...
ohwell, was a waste of money to who ever paid =\

Offline FM

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 06:47:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
There is actually an official Diddi Kong Racing soundtrack. I was looking for Mp3s the hard way, and I came across the site with all the track listings. I think though, like all game soundtracks, it's from Japan.

I think it was something you could order from Nintendo power, like the SM64 soundtrack. Not positive, though.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 01:09:13 AM »
Well, the sh!t thing is I'm from Australia, and we don't get Nintendo Power. In fact, we don't even have an official Nintendo magazine here. It went bust in early 2000. We only have Nintendo Gamer, which was originally called N64 Gamer (now it's focusing on all Nintendo stuff), and I think it's the coolest mag. Then there's Australian CUBE, which is UK CUBE in disguise, but is also a great mag, if only it would be released to be relevent to todays hard topics (the current issue is reporting on Megaton for crying out loud!).

Oh and PIAC thanks bro.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2003, 03:00:27 PM »
OMG GUYS go to http://remix.overclocked.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR00032 and right click on download it.  Then save target as.  This song KICKS A$$!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2003, 06:22:36 PM »
OC Remix seems to be down at the moment.  But what song was it?  Chances are I already have it anyways...

A few of my favorites are

Chrono Trigger - Lost Fragments of the Past  (Actually a Radical Dreamers remix, but most wouldn't know that.  It's my favorite OC Remix to date)
Super Metroid - Maridia (Drowned in Exile)
Super Mario 64 - Sunken Suite
Super Mario 64 - Liquid Mario
Silent Hill - White Claudia Rock
Radical Dreamers - Far Drama
Zelda 64 - Pachelbel's Ganon
Secret of Mana - Dirge for the Frosty Plains
Final Fantasy - Beginning of the Fantasy
Chrono Trigger - Schala Ancients
Chrono Cross - Time's New Scar
Zelda 64 - River of Time
Super Mario Bros - Da Pipes  

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2003, 11:34:50 AM »
The song is called Zelda64- Ocarina Boogie  Its awesome! Thanks for your other fav songs ill check them out.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 01:01:10 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC

there is shonky stuff on there, but good stuff out weighs it 20:1 easily, how ever, i once saw someone selling pokemon ruby/saphire roms, about a month or two ago... and from why i could decipher from the poorly written item description i think it was only instructions on how to DL it...
ohwell, was a waste of money to who ever paid =\

=D
Yeah, I remember when Pokemon Blue/Red were the latest thing, people were selling the ROMs on a floppy disk complete with the emulator (most likely the worst one out there at the time, yeah, I'm looking at you GBE$$!)
Idiots paid money for em' too.

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2003, 10:55:20 AM »
Try going to vgmusic.com
it has tons of music from video games.
There's Diddy Kong racing music too.
Animal Crossing info:
Name: (space)Adam
Town: Animtown

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 06:48:23 PM »
Locke, I have that song, but I was never really enamoured with it.  However, the newest song on OC Remix:  Super Mario 64 - PearlSong....  It's my new favorite.  The song is simply genius.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 07:00:47 PM »
THat orcarina boogie song sounds like a western song.

In the very beginning it sounds like something from Clint Eastwood's movies.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2003, 10:36:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Locke, I have that song, but I was never really enamoured with it.  However, the newest song on OC Remix:  Super Mario 64 - PearlSong....  It's my new favorite.  The song is simply genius.

While it is a nice song, I found DJpretzel's take on the theme much better, it's called "Sunken Suite", very relaxing. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd throw in a link here.... Bah, just go to the site =P

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2003, 01:02:14 PM »
I find that Pearl Song is much more refined and dignified than DJPretzel's take on the song.  DJPretzel's is just a little too insanely happy for me.  (But then again, we are talking about the composer of Hillbilly Rodeo....)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
Game Music MP3 sites?
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2003, 12:12:04 PM »
Just thought I'd share this little gem.
Found them on MP3.com, the bands name is 'Vomitron', they do alot of thrash metal, but they have a VERY nice remix of Contra (Probotector in Europe) from the NES.

Simply titled, 'Contra', it covers alot of the games themes, and runs for about nine minutes. It's worth the download, oh my yes.

Click here for the site, it's about half way down the list. I think =)

Their take on the Ghostbusters theme is fan-bloody-tastic too.