Author Topic: my DS is a hoss  (Read 6501 times)

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
my DS is a hoss
« on: March 29, 2005, 04:40:18 PM »
I've dropped, sat on, and dropped (again) this thing so many times, I don't know how in the hell it still works. Last week i put it in a pocket that had lots of dirt in it (LaserStrike beotch) and my dpad started to get stuck/seemed unresponsive. two days of extensive play sorted that right out, now it works like a charm.

then tonite when i was coming home from the gym i hit a spin move and my DS went flying out of my pocket and landed right on a paved sidewalk. It's got a nasty chink in it's armor, but again this puppy is still kickin like it's brand new.  Its a little stiffer when i insert/remove games now, but hell im just thankful my DS is still working without a problem. (cept for a 2 cm scratch in the very middle of my touch screen)

so... what troubles have your DS's endured?
I'll shut up now...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:my DS is a hoss
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 04:45:39 PM »
2 falls, some of the silver paint has been removed so the white undercoat is visable but i dont mind it. Personally I wana see a DS vs PSP endurance test.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
RE: my DS is a hoss
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 04:52:26 PM »
 believe me, if i had the cash I'd do it in a heartbeat
I'll shut up now...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »
Doesn't Lik-sang do those kind of things anyways because i remember a GBA:SP endurance test.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 06:26:16 PM »
Nothing's happened to it yet.  I get nervous when my mom and sister rub the screen to hard

Worse I've done to a system is having my Gamecube fall 3 or 4 feet onto hard tile, and it still works fine.  My DS is thus far unharmed.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 06:48:58 PM »
It may still work well at the moment, but in the future watch out...
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
I've dropped mine on hard flooring once and it was still fine afterwards with no signs of any internal issues.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
You savages. I haven't dropped, hit or otherwise abused my DS.

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 10:18:49 PM »
I had mine charging on a table, I then tripped over the cord, and it hit the tile floor, and not a scratch on it!

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 03:29:40 AM »
I was putting it in my coat pocket. Applied light sideways pressure on the shoulder button. Stuck. Awaiting new colors. :¬]
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 04:14:58 AM »
As I was locking my door to get ready to go to my girlfriend's apartment, I dropped my little Silverfish and it landed on the concrete from a height of 6' (I had it in my mouth, well the strap) and it bounced up like a 1ft. and then landed in the mud.  I was so mad  But it's still in working condition, except a scratch on both shoulder buttons.  Luckily there's been a few dead pixels, so that's getting sent to Nintendo as soon as they send me the package.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 05:40:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Stimutacs Addict
I've dropped, sat on, and dropped (again) this thing so many times, I don't know how in the hell it still works. Last week i put it in a pocket that had lots of dirt in it (LaserStrike beotch) and my dpad started to get stuck/seemed unresponsive. two days of extensive play sorted that right out, now it works like a charm.

then tonite when i was coming home from the gym i hit a spin move and my DS went flying out of my pocket and landed right on a paved sidewalk. It's got a nasty chink in it's armor, but again this puppy is still kickin like it's brand new.  Its a little stiffer when i insert/remove games now, but hell im just thankful my DS is still working without a problem. (cept for a 2 cm scratch in the very middle of my touch screen)

so... what troubles have your DS's endured?

That is so hilarious

"If you can read these letters, Your waisting your time..."
---------------------------------------

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 06:13:39 AM »

Originally posted by: SgtShiversBen
As I was locking my door to get ready to go to my girlfriend's apartment, I dropped my little Silverfish and it landed on the concrete from a height of 6' (I had it in my mouth, well the strap) and it bounced up like a 1ft. and then landed in the mud.  I was so mad  But it's still in working condition, except a scratch on both shoulder buttons.  Luckily there's been a few dead pixels, so that's getting sent to Nintendo as soon as they send me the package.

Hahahaha, I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but that is just too funny....
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 01:33:34 PM »
I can't believe people treat their DS's in this way... heck, I don't even rub the screen too hard for fear of scratching it.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 03:29:32 PM »
The point is I guess is that the DS can take a beating if need be. The exterior at least. I've seen some DS kiosks where the touch screen was obviously abused and no longer worked. It was a shame too, they had demos of Feel the Magic and Wario Ware touched...

I'd say while the DS has a tough shell, it most likely has a soft fragile center.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline GamecubeBoy2005

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 03:59:20 PM »
if you ever did that to a ps2 it would defently break i think that nintendo has pretty good quality stuff. that is why i bought the improved gamecube. it has improved in digital picture and sound. so it has a little better digital quality

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 04:29:29 PM »

Originally posted by: GamecubeBoy2005
that is why i bought the improved gamecube. it has improved in digital picture and sound. so it has a little better digital quality

What are you talking about?
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 05:09:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Djunknown

I'd say while the Cadbury Egg has a tough shell, it most likely has a soft creamy center.

Fixed

But uh yeah, my touch screen is scratched from regular use, if it ever gets too bad I can use my Dead Pixel for a trade in.  The paint is also scratched up a bit.

It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 01:45:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Djunknown
The point is I guess is that the DS can take a beating if need be. The exterior at least. I've seen some DS kiosks where the touch screen was obviously abused and no longer worked. It was a shame too, they had demos of Feel the Magic and Wario Ware touched...

Mere weeks after one of my local Wal-marts got a DS display unit in, some jerk ripped the stylus off the metal cord and used the frayed metal from the end of the cord to scratch the screen to hell. They just recently got a new one in, and the last time I was in it looked like someone had bashed the touch screen with a hammer... you can actually see the screen shattered underneath the plastic cover.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 02:49:25 PM »
I wouldn't want to live in your neighbourhood...talk about unwarranted violence
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline cloudstrife111

• doesn't get what's so funny
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 02:50:14 PM »
ur ds is a hoss??? i donot understand?????

i have got a ds with the ashfalt gt but it is not gt like on ps2 coz i thowt it wood

i want the new kirby it looks good
-- i have new games fot gam,ecube they are gta4 and the amazing isl;and

ihave soem games for my ningc there are burnout the sonic 2 mario dark rain gran tusrismo (i love the cars in this!!!!!0 and gta 3 : i am looking ford to burn

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 05:23:16 PM »
by 'hoss' i meant it can take a real beating. It's been through a lot of mishaps and is working perfectly.
I'll shut up now...

Offline Cube_King

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2005, 10:23:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Stimutacs Addict

With your luck you should be chained into your own home and never be released.  
"A bad game is bad forever, but a good game is even better..........." Shigeru Miyamoto