Author Topic: game specs ?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline pimple

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
game specs ?
« on: February 15, 2003, 09:03:56 PM »
hi...
is there a way to find out the numbers behind the games?
i tried inserting my mario game on my pc cd drive, but it didn't do nothing (like i expected, since the gcn game is read from the inside out).
also, does anyone know of any websites with such info?

the reason i ask is because i've heard people say that george lucas once said that roge squadron run on 25 million polygons per second, while it only used half the gcn's power... BUT, if you look at the system specs, it says that it only supports 6-12 million polygons per second.

thanks!

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
game specs ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 09:07:17 PM »

is there a way to find out the numbers behind the games?

No.

the reason i ask is because i've heard people say that george lucas once said that roge squadron run on 25 million polygons per second, while it only used half the gcn's power... BUT, if you look at the system specs, it says that it only supports 6-12 million polygons per second.

Those specs are what Nintendo says developers can expect with little to no optimization at all.  It was a low-ball estimate, rather than the pie-in-the-sky numbers Sony and Microsoft publish.  Factor 5 wrote a great many tools to optimize and tweak the inner workings of the GameCube, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see that Rogue Leader was running in excess of 20M polys.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline pimple

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
game specs ?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 09:11:14 PM »
thanks...