Author Topic: The simpsoms and Futurama  (Read 9459 times)

Offline 09n

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The simpsoms and Futurama
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:19:42 AM »
The Simpsons and Futurama if it gets any better please correct me.
No, we're not eating Nibbler - leela
I'll fire up the grill - Bender

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: The simpsoms and Futurama
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 10:39:24 AM »
blol ur teh best
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:46:19 PM »
The Simpsons have benn on a flaming downward spiral ever since the 300th episode.
Check out Family Guy.  That show is awesome.
Super Milk Chan is also funny.
South Park and Drawn together make for some good laughs.
South Park may seem a little stale but the jokes are new and fresh and keep up with the times.
Drawn Together is just funny, plain and simple.
So, until next time. . .Keep FLIPPING!!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 01:54:13 PM »
Drawn Together is blech.  It's a terrible show.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 05:32:04 PM »
Futurama never died.  Ever.  That was the best show ever, and if Family Guy does well this season, which I'm betting it will, I think we'll see Futurama resurrected soon enough.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE:The simpsoms and Futurama
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 04:23:27 PM »

Drawn Together is blech.

No, Blech is the princess's hot/retarded cousin that Captain Hero does the horizontal monster mash with.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 05:39:42 PM »
Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons, King of the Hill... I love all these.
And some complain about the Simpsons going downhill.. ok that's nice, but that doesn't mean you should forget about all those awesome episodes (and by all those I mean a crapload of).  

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 11:03:30 PM »

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede
Futurama never died.  Ever.  That was the best show ever, and if Family Guy does well this season, which I'm betting it will, I think we'll see Futurama resurrected soon enough.

I don't think Fox programming has the love for Futurama like they do for Family Guy. Just like how they picked King of the Hill over The Critic. The craptastic timeslot that Futurama delt with is proof enough of that.

Futurama is better than The Simpsons. But it will never come back. At least not on Fox. Maybe on Cartoon Network though...

Offline coach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 10:56:22 AM »
no it doesnt get any better.
have a nice day. if u wann cha/discuss some more e mail me:
97062007@students.ecasd.k12.wi.us
well c ya  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 11:18:45 AM »
hopefully the new Robot Chicken continues to be as randomly unpredictable and funny as the first episode.

Funniest Cartoon:
Family Guy
Futurama
Simpsons (some good episodes)
South Park

p.s. Is it just me or is American Dad just a re-hash of Family Guy?
kinda like McFarlane said 'You want more family guy..... well here it is again in disguise, Its the same, only different'

edit: You stand corrected  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 11:41:11 AM »

Futurama is better than The Simpsons. But it will never come back. At least not on Fox. Maybe on Cartoon Network though...
I believe Cartoon Network approched Groening about making new episodes, but they couldn't afford them.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 12:52:53 PM »
CN needs to invest in some new 'Big O's and stop making those new crappy tv shows.
Robot Chicken is the funniest thing since south park premiered.
Yeah and they should stop making new Simpsons episodes and just show the best of the 310+ episodes they have. Then after like 5 years they should come out with new episodes but everyone is a year older.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 05:08:11 PM »

And some complain about the Simpsons going downhill.. ok that's nice, but that doesn't mean you should forget about all those awesome episodes (and by all those I mean a crapload of).

Absolutely.

No.  The Simpson's in it's best years, = far superior.

Simpsons (some good episodes)

Idiotic statement.

Family Guy fans...Are your minds so burnt that you can only understand jokes that are spelled out to you like an infant?  Sure, I think it's funny.  But I also see it's all surface material.  Underneath it all, there's nothing.   Very shallow.  The Simpson's is so layered that you can be 9 years old and laugh your ass off, then be 28 and laugh your ass off at the same episode for different reasons.  

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 07:16:17 AM »
But those jokes are stale and weak.
The Simpsons should just be on sabaticle for the next few years, make the movie, then they'll show us something real funny.
With other shows there's one joke at a time. With the Simpsons they'll be like 5 at a time so you might not know what to laugh at. It's like the color 'after prom pink' it culd mean lots of stuff so you're not sure what to laugh at but at least it's all on the same level. With Family Guy (for example) they'll be a fart joke and just the fart joke and no (lame) political joke o top of it so you know what to laugh at.

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 07:29:54 AM »

Originally posted by: TVman
With other shows there's one joke at a time. With the Simpsons they'll be like 5 at a time so you might not know what to laugh at. With Family Guy (for example) they'll be a fart joke and just the fart joke and no (lame) political joke o top of it so you know what to laugh at.

So..uh..you're saying Family Guy is for dumb people?  If you're unable to comprehend more than one joke at a time, I hear Jeff Foxworthy has a show you may be interested in.  (sorry, Mouse)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »
How about I don't like any of them particularly much?  Family Guy got old after watching it a few times, Simpsons got old after it'd been running for well over a decade, Futurama. . . cancelled.

It's not a cartoon, but the best show pretty much ever is Arrested Development.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 10:14:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
How about I don't like any of them particularly much?  Family Guy got old after watching it a few times, Simpsons got old after it'd been running for well over a decade, Futurama. . . cancelled.

I don't understand what's so great about AD.  I've been watching from the beginning, on and off.  Yeah, it was sort of funny at first.  But the story's gone nowhere since then.  And the last episode, where Martin Short played that legless uncle, or whatever, was the stupidest half hour on TV I've ever seen.

How many times can Michael insult his siblings under his breath?  How many times can Tobias unwittingly make a double entendre?  How many times can Buster profess his love for Liza?  I'm not a five year old, so repetitive jokes just don't do it for me anymore.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 01:53:15 PM »
Okay, screw this.  No reason to get in an argument about TV shows.  I prefer Arrested Development, and fail to see how it is only appropriate for five year olds.  It is clever, the acting is genius, and it's a hilarious show (more so, in my opinion, than the extremely predictable Simpsons).  My opinion, ya-ya.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 05:01:36 PM »

So..uh..you're saying Family Guy is for dumb people? If you're unable to comprehend more than one joke at a time, I hear Jeff Foxworthy has a show you may be interested in. (sorry, Mouse)

That show sucks. Actual dialogue:
"I don't like having people on my deck. People fall off all the time and they laugh when they see how small my deck is."
"I like having a dog on my deck. If anything pills on my deck then they'll lick it right off!"
So I'm yelling at my TV: "Ok! You're talking about your ding-dong! I get it! Shut up!!"
Then it seems all on guy can say is: "Git er done!". What in the blue hell does that mean anyway?!?
Don't even get me started on the gravey skit or the naked grandma. FYI: I only watched 3 episodes and one was 'cause it was in N.O. And those onther two were like 5 minutes of it.

And I wasn't saying that Family Guy is for dumb people. I was saying that the Simpsons is stupid while Family Guy is stupid funny.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 11:02:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation

Bahahaha! AD is hilarious!

TWO WORDS (or maybe one):

Never-nude

I just picked up the first season on DVD of this......and finally got season 4 of futurama.....i mean i'd seen them all but i had borrowed from a friend.....feels good to have the whole set ....

*EDIT *I spelt friend as "frined"
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 05:33:50 AM »
Watch whatever the hell you want and don't tell us about it.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2005, 08:19:17 PM »
I sense tension in this thread.

Family Guy is probably my favorite TV show, with Futurama a little behind it. In all fairness though, while i vastly prefer Family Guy to the Simpsons (from what i've seen), i haven't watched the Simpson enough to really see how funny it is.  

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 06:36:46 AM »
Ha ha ha, it seems like there is a ton of tension over Matt Groening's shows vs. Family Guy.  Every time the topic comes up I hear a lot of heated debate.  So I won't add anything negative, I'll just say nice stuff.

I loved Futurama, and now that I've gotten over the cancellation, I kind of hope it stays cancelled.  In the time it was on it managed to maintain the same level of quality, and it told a good, complete story.  I think it would be wonderful to preserve it in the condition its in.

Also, in my opinion, Simpsons has vastly improved in the last two seasons.  Up to par with the best seasons?  No, but I think the show is at a point now where they could bring it to a respectful end.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline 09n

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 07:47:02 AM »
End the Simpsons? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I will do something very very very very very stupid if that happens. Sure its not as good as it was but it still provides me with a small amount of enjoyment in an other wise dreadful life.
No, we're not eating Nibbler - leela
I'll fire up the grill - Bender

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 11:55:09 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons, but they did have their moments,
such as the april fools episode some odd number of years ago:
The one where Bart puts the Duff beer in the paint shaker for hours and then sets up Homer to open it, as Homer goes to open the beer, Bart jumps out to say "Aprils Fools!!!" but mid sentence the beer blows up and there is a huge mushroom cloud like a nuclear expolsion.

I still think that is one of the best Simpsons moments ever.

But I haven't seen every episode and I'm not really trying to... while I find the Simpsons entertaining I don't particularly find it funny (some times its hilarious, most times its not, its almost always entertaining)

Family guy on the other hand is very unpredictable with the comments, flashbacks, and situations. Not to mention that they do some of the most stupid things that its just undeniably funny.

Arrested Development is probably the most unique show on Fox, from the narration ---> to the family relations, this show is funny in a different way than most other comedies I've ever seen.  
Some people just don't get it but I just don't know how to explain it.