Author Topic: Where did all the Gamers Go?  (Read 16986 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Where did all the Gamers Go?
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2005, 06:29:06 AM »
Almost all countries have ratings based on age, even the US with its inane E,C,T,M,AO,X,EA,FOO rating system. I've never seen anyone proclaim some game is for kids based on the USK rating here, though. They'll complain about graphics or content but never about the rating the USK gave out. The only ones who even notice the FSK/USK ratings are the children prevented from buying something and the parents who don't want their children to play "evil" games.

Offline 09n

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2005, 08:21:07 AM »
I retract my earlier satement. If you own an Xbox as well your OK. Their hard drive is prety useful. A gamecube with a hard drive? that would be good. =D
No, we're not eating Nibbler - leela
I'll fire up the grill - Bender

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Where did all the Gamers Go?
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2005, 11:21:24 AM »
i quit on the gamecube because i have to pay for college. one day, when i have a real job, i will buy nintendo games again...if they last that long.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2005, 02:07:46 AM »
Where have all the gamers gone?

Gone to college, every one.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2005, 06:56:45 AM »
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2005, 06:59:38 AM »
What's that got to do with anything but piracy which isn't the topic of this thread?

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2005, 07:51:08 AM »
Nothing, really. I didn't purport it to be a relevant point, just a casual mention in response to a specific post. I could have PMed it to him, I suppose. But then this is a forum....

Well I'll retrofit it to the discussion anyway, since you're being so affectionate today.

Some say widely available pirated games is integral to a console's popularity. GameCube piracy = succe$$!! I think the Revolution's media should be Xerox-able to guarantee massive hardware sales. Go eReader!
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2005, 10:23:53 PM »
I don't think that's a good idea. Piracy will help sell the hardware but the games are where the money is and a pirate won't buy those.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2005, 11:06:06 PM »
Yeah but huge hardware numbers would shut up the anti-Nintendo crowd. Which seem to be growing lately by the way. I think the news that the Rev and the DS are going online coupled with the really good sales for RE4 (See? I can stay on topic too!) have gotten all the Sony and MS fanboys flaming mad.

Although I don't know why. The sun shines on every dog's ass eventually and it's not like RE4 or future online plans make Nintendo any less screwed when it comes to the looming threat of the PSP or the gaining popularity of the XBOX. You'd think they'd just let us be happy for a moment. But NO, the last week or so I've had to scare so many trolls off of my forums I've lost count.