Author Topic: Final Fantasies Flooding April: X Series And Zodiac Age Launching Two Weeks Apart  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

"I am the leading man. Might need to do something heroic."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/49327/final-fantasies-flooding-april-x-series-and-zodiac-age-launching-two-weeks-apart

April is quickly flooding with massive RPGs.

SquareEnix have announced that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD will release for Switch on April 16, with Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age following on the 30th of April. Both games are slated to receive physical releases.

The enhanced versions of the PlayStation 2 classics were announced with a large group of Final Fantasy titles in last September's Nintendo Direct.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
... I have a busy April ahead of me.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Well, at least there's one good game between those 3 (FF X). :P

Already got these on Vita, PS3, & PS4 (where applicable), so no need for them on Switch. Hope the ports are good for those that are getting into them via the Switch version.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
I got Zodiac Age for PS4 a while back when Target had it on clearance for $14, so i'm covered on that.

Has Final Fantasy X aged well?  I recall dropping off of it fairly hard about 2/3 of the way through when I played it back in college a lifetime ago, but don't know if that was more a reflection of my head space back then and how busy I was with school.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I got Zodiac Age for PS4 a while back when Target had it on clearance for $14, so i'm covered on that.

Has Final Fantasy X aged well?  I recall dropping off of it fairly hard about 2/3 of the way through when I played it back in college a lifetime ago, but don't know if that was more a reflection of my head space back then and how busy I was with school.

I think it's aged better than most Final Fantasies, aside from some of the voice acting. It's a pretty quick sit unless you really want to do EVERYTHING.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile

I think it's aged better than most Final Fantasies, aside from some of the voice acting. It's a pretty quick sit unless you really want to do EVERYTHING.

Good to know, but OOF, $50 for this port might be a bit too rich for my blood considering the Vita port being available for pretty cheap.  Glad that others will have a chance to get a portable version though.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
last final fantasy i picked up was 7 is it ok story wise to check this one out?
Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
last final fantasy i picked up was 7 is it ok story wise to check this one out?

With the exception of FF 4: The After Years, FF 10-2, FF 13-2, & Lightning Returns, the FF games are usually separate from each other so play whatever interests you.