Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1589881 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3975 on: August 30, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
I'll bet you that's Pax.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: August 30, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »
So does this all but confirm that Nintendo is launching in black (maybe not exclusively)?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: August 30, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »
So does this all but confirm that Nintendo is launching in black (maybe not exclusively)?
I think we've been about 90% sure they were launching in black.  Most ads we've seen show a black console and some even state that black would be available at launch.

Offline vinniebrock

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: August 31, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »

I'd say it's a given, because I'm pretty sure they were only advertising the Wii in white at this point before its release. Could be wrong, though.

I just want that yellow-green that they didn't use for Wii.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: September 01, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
New MGS game trailer. Could this be a possible Wii U (and Ps3 and 360) game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv4s5qyLGTM&feature=g-all-u

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »
I didn't know what was going on, but that game looks quite beautiful. I laugh at the comments that say it's better than that Final Fantasy demo and UE4.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: September 01, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
Here is what I figure about the game based on the video and what I know of the MGS franchise:

• The game will be set between Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear for the NES.
  • The game will be set in the 1980s during the last decade of the Cold War.
  • The game might take place in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation, or just partially.
  • The rift between Zero and Big Boss will play into the storyline.
  • Kojima's humor will be abundant.
  • Ronald Reagan will be featured as the President and possibly a member of the Patriots.
  • The burn victim in the video will possibly be the main antagonist of the game.
  • The game's storyline will most likely be set in 1984. Twenty years after the events of MGS3 and George Orwell's book, 1984, which heavily inspired the concept of the Patriots.
  • The end of the Cold War will hinted and to what role Big Boss will play once the Iron Curtian is dismantled.
  • Reagan's SDI will be hinted as a precursor to the Patriots' AI interface, SOP, or Metal Gear related.
  • The kid in the cage will be revealed as a young Solid Snake (12-years-old).
  • Big Boss gives Solid Snake his name.
  • Revolver Ocelot will be featured in the storyline, possibly in the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: September 02, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
I think it's more likely that the Wii U will get a port of Lightning Returns, Kojima doesn't seem too impressed with the Wii U.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: September 02, 2012, 08:58:23 AM »
Just watching that video there were lots of inconsistancies that if it was placed in the 80's would annoy me a little bit.  Also did anyone else get reminded of Heavy Rain while watching that Video?  I didn't see anything I didn't think the PS3 could do by extension the WiiU.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #3984 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
While I was sad that I couldn't go to PAX (badges were sold out and it hurt more because I live in the area), I received an Exclusive Facebook Invitation to check out the Wii U sometime this week. I'm really excited!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »
What times do Wii U Experiences run? Do they force you to take a day off from work?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #3986 on: September 04, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »
No, actually. The dates are on Thursday (6PM), Saturday (8PM), and Sunday (3PM). You can choose only one of them.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
So from what I'm hearing, details about the Wii U version of Dragon Quest X will be at the Tokyo Game Show.  I for one am excited to find out how they differ as I am one of those who believe that the Wii U version will be the only version we get.

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #3988 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:41 AM »
Got back from the Wii U Experience about an hour ago. I was able to play New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, and three of the attractions in Nintendo Land. The Wii U Gamepad itself is very light, as people have been saying, and it feels really good to hold.

New Super Mario Bros. U: The game looks absolutely gorgeous. I tried both playing as a Mii and in Assist Play on the GamePad, both were cool. The Squirrel Suit was pretty easy to control.

Nintendo Land: For the Zelda attraction, I played both the swordsman Mii and the bowman Mii. Swordplay is really similar to that in Wii Sports Resort. As a bowman it was really fun to aim around the Wii U Gamepad. You use the control stick to shoot arrows, but you have to point the controller downward in order to reload. DK's Crash Course was really fun, tilting the controller to move the cart was really responsive and it is quite involved. The Ninja game was the weakest of the ones I played; it didn't help that the calibration went off a little bit and I had to point away from the screen in order to throw stars towards the center. I watched some people play Luigi's Ghost Mansion, and it looked a lot more fun up close than it did from watching the E3 2012 conference.

Pikmin 3: I had not played the Wii versions of Pikmin, so the controls were really new to me, and they performed well. The visuals look really nice, though you can see the game's roots as a Wii title with some blurry textures. The Pikmin themselves were a bit glitchy in this version, some of them shoot 30 feet into air when colliding with certain obstacles. I did not try the Boss Battle since there was only 15 minutes or so left in the event. I did not play using the Gamepad.

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: September 07, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »
Looks like NSMB U is going to be on the cover of Game Informer in their October issue.

First time Mario has been on the cover in 16 years.

Quote from: GameInformer
Gaming's most famous face has graced our cover on a few occasions, but it's been 16 years since our cover story has focused on one of his adventures. We recently had the chance to visit Nintendo of America to play New Super Mario Bros. U, but that's not all we did at the studio. In addition to our ten-page Mario cover story (featuring an interview with legendary designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka), we also have an extensive feature that will prepare you for the impending launch of the Wii U.
Cover Image
Source

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: September 07, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
Looks like NSMB U is going to be on the cover of Game Informer in their October issue.

Gaming's most famous face has graced our cover on a few occasions, but it's been 16 years since our cover story has focused on one of his adventures. We recently had the chance to visit Nintendo of America to play New Super Mario Bros. U, but that's not all we did at the studio. In addition to our ten-page Mario cover story (featuring an interview with legendary designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka), we also have an extensive feature that will prepare you for the impending launch of the Wii U.
Cover Image
Source

Nice Cover.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
16 years?  So Super Mario 64 was the last time Mario was on the cover of Game Informer?  What a joke!  I'm not one to suggest some anti-Nintendo bias is the source of all of Nintendo's problems but I don't see how to interpret this as anything but.  Mario has stayed pretty damn relevant even during some of Nintendo's leaner years.  I can't see how you could exclude him for so long unless you were intentionally trying to.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: September 07, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

Cover Image
Source
Dang, that looks pretty cool.

So does this:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:48:58 PM by Fatty_The_Hutt »
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3993 on: September 07, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »
It's not technically true. The December 2009 issue had 8 different covers, one of them was the 8-bit sprite of Mario from Super Mario Bros.. Mario was also on the cover of the January 2004 issue (along with dozens of other game characters as part of the Best of 2003 issue). He was on the July 2001 issue (along with Luigi, Link, Samus, and Fox for their "GameCube invasion" issue). He was on the February 1997 issue (along with fellow Mario art 64 racers Wario and Bowser). So he has been on them since, but this will be the first one dedicated to him.

The most recent Nintendo character to grace the cover was Link for the October 2011 issue.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: September 07, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
thanks, TJ
LOL at Ian trying to create some Nintendo-bias controversy.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »

Well... since the last Mario game they gave a cover to was Mario 64, that means that they skipped over Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, NSMB DS, NSMB Wii, Mario 3D Land, and NSMB2. Considering the relevance of Mario in the videogame world, and the sales numbers, that's a lot of Mario games to have not featured.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: September 07, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
Fair enough, Kairon.
I guess I should have been clearer:
LOL at the irony of Ian's post
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: September 07, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »

He isn't creating it; he's only pointing it out. The gaming media is who created it.
is your sanity...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3998 on: September 07, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
my god what is toad doing to that yoshi
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: September 07, 2012, 07:20:22 PM »
A friend said they were thinking of getting me a Roku for Christmas. I laughed and told her that I was already getting something superior for myself, a Wii U!