Author Topic: Mafia 73: Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Mafia: Day 2  (Read 7273 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Mafia 73: Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Mafia: Day 2
« on: April 26, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
Some of you may recall the Mafia that caused us a great deal of trouble seven years ago. It appears they have returned once again. We must do everything within our power to stop them.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 73: Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Mafia: Day 2
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:12:10 PM »
Thatguy had a hit placed on him by the Mafia but was protected by the doctor.
Dead: TOPHATANT123 (townie)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Oh no tophat turned out to be a townie. Not going well so far. At least we still have the different townie roles.

As for thatguy being targeted by the Mafia that is kinda expected for day 1. He is a high profile target. Lucky that the doctor was around.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
Oh sure. Way to throw me under the bus everyone. I should have stuck with my BeautifulShy vote. Instead, everyone had to start piling on my TOPHATANT123 vote and make it look like I'm leading a townie alliance or strongly influencing players again. Let's just keep making that target in Khushrenada's back bigger so that hopefully the mafia targets me and not yourselves. At least we've got a smart doctor who knows to protect high profile targets. Hope some of that sweet protection will come my way too. ;)

I'll probably follow Stogi's lead today. Tried it my way and it sucked and he really has been doing great at targeting Mafia members. Not sure if that means he's targeting Insanolord again or somebody else today since he hasn't checked in yet.

For now, I'll un-Vote Stratos as a placeholder. Another situation of being around the first day but not voting. I was hesitant to target him yesterday since he's been Mafia a lot lately and the law of averages suggests he's probably due to be a townie but maybe he ended up Mafia again. Guess I'll check back in late tonight to see what had developed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:22:26 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »
As far as I can tell, Plug was the only one that didn't check in yesterday. Mostly everyone else was present in some form.

Nothing to go off of yet.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
So yeah, maybe I should stop being mostly quiet early on in Mafia games because it seems to get me into trouble. Sad to see my vote to save myself turned out the way it did. I should have just stuck with my original plan and bandwagoned Khush, because who cares if he gets killed?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »
A successful protection on day 1 is certainly a stroke of luck.

I feel like at least one Mafia member was involved in the bandwagon shenanigans yesterday. Something about the way it all went down seems a little suspect. But did one of them start it or end it? Khushrenada is certainly pushing that "I'm innocent" card a little hard as well, though I s'pose the poor guy just wants to play and doesn't always get the chance. I think I know what I'll try for now and see where it leads.

Vote Nickmitch
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:00:39 AM by Mop it up »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »
#TIGERBLOOD

I want all the townies to understand what luck it was things happened the way they did.

Townies, say it with me now. #WINNING!

I heartily recommend the doctor and the other townies contact me. We'll get a real alliance going, see if we can't make today a Furio Tigre day.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 11:55:41 PM »
Been out most of the day so I am sorry if I didn't get back to you.   

As for yesterday I am thinking of what happened near the end of the day. That insanolord bandwagon out of nowhere and then the tophat one which I was apart of and I am sorry for. Don't know if I am going to vote for one of the people in those bandwagon or someone else yet.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 02:40:22 AM »
So yeah, maybe I should stop being mostly quiet early on in Mafia games because it seems to get me into trouble. Sad to see my vote to save myself turned out the way it did. I should have just stuck with my original plan and bandwagoned Khush, because who cares if he gets killed?

Awww. I care. :(

In fact, it was for the reason you mentioned voting for me and did not join stevey that I didn't vote for you and threw out TOPHATANT123 as an alternative target. Khushrenada is there for his friends. Unless he's not like when he helps eliminate them from the game. It's that sense of intrigue that has made him such a fan favorite over the years. ;)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 03:17:49 AM »
This video appears to depict the Mafia's attempt to take thatguy's life. It has been submitted into evidence.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 03:46:39 AM »
What is the number of votes needed to reach a majority this round?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 03:49:31 AM »
It's eight votes to reach a majority.

Now I'm just going to leave this here.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 05:03:38 AM »
BeautifulShy
Is two sweet and nice for my likening.
Made you look ****.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
BeautifulShy
Is two sweet and nice for my likening.
"what do you think of this Widget? said Athena.  I sense unknown and doubt in this message. Analyzing... That is because this person hasn't had any experience with you Athena. "

Athena says, Yeah it is just not knowing how I play this game. I am ridiculously kind and sweet even if it is to the detriment to me.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:24:15 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
After reading through yesterday's thread I am going to vote for Nickmitch. Vote Nickmitch

Few reasons. His vote yesterday for Insanolord essentially came out of nowhere and it seemed like Nickmitch was trying to gain control of the voting and having a voting block that would be difficult to surmount. We barely did yesterday.
2nd reason. Nickmitch from what I remember is a hard player to tack down who he is as the game goes along. Especially when he is Mafia so it is usually a good idea to vote him out early.

3rd reason. Nickmitch thought that Khushrenada was mafia yet today it is pretty clear that he is a townie from his posts in the thread and interactions with me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
I wouldn't clear Khush so quickly personally.

Would like to hear more from nickmitch before I consider that vote, seems an easy target.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »
Well that was sure a fascinatin' first day, wasn't it, darlin's?
Lots of blunderbuss and bluster by a buncha youse so far. Beware the pig that squeals too loud, he just wants to skip bein' dinner, as my GrandPappy always told me.

So, what to do? I like that Khushrenada feller but all his hootin' and hollerin' makes him a suspicious varmint too. That BeautifulShy is as sweet as pie, which either makes her nice or dumb. Probably just nice. I'll reserve judgement on those two for now. But I ain't the judge! Snort!

I can't understand what the heck thatguy is sayin' half the time. Might be on the Mary Jane if ya know what I mean. I'll hafta watch out for that one(guy).
Stogi? Well he's named after a smelly cigar, so that's no good in my books. And Lucario may or may not be the name of the new Chevrolet. Can't figure that one.
And Mop it up, doesn't. These floors are still filthy. Gonna have to speak to that one.

Well look at me, carryin' on. Gotta get down to business!

I can get with what folks are sayin' about that nickmitch. Also, never trust a critter with two first names, as my ol' Aunt DarlaBelle used to say.

So, Un-Vote: Nickmitchfor now, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:14:55 AM by Fatty The Hutt »
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »
Eesh, it looks like activity has dwindled a lot since the previous day. I don't want to assume all the active players are Mafia but it's also no fun to just take potshots at the inactives. Decisions, decisions...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 09:39:46 PM »
VOTE INSANOLORD

He still feels like mafia.

Also, props to the doc.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 10:37:37 PM »
What does "feels like mafia" mean? I've played this game the way I've played pretty much every game, and while it's increasingly clear that it doesn't seem like an effective strategy, I'm not sure what makes you suspect me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »
All right, gang. Time to reveal my violent torpedo of truth. Defeat is not an option. The only way out of this day is going to be by working on #Winning!

People like to point fingers at me. They always do, and so many times in the past, it's been because I'm such a winner, they don't know what else to do but point and stare. And what I see pointing at me is a big man. Biiiig man. He points fingers at everyone. How does someone even have that many fingers? #VoteFattyTheHutt

Like I always say, you gotta shoot Kelly Preston in the arm before she shoots you.

Or is it that you have to shoot up in your arm before Kelly Preston shoots up.
It doesn't matter. #Winning!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »
Apparently, people don't understand when a joke vote is a joke. >:(
un-vote beautifulshy to protect myself.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:15:10 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »
I think it's important to note that in mafia, first day votes are usually baseless. A bandwagon started to breakout and was reversed into a bandwagon against a townie. It's important to look at two things here: who started the second bandwagon and who benefitted from it. Then you need to ask if any of these people are playing us.

Did I start a bandwagon? Or did I make a joke vote? Was I around the rest of the day to manipulate the vote? I know this is my third mafia post in two days, but that's the only odd thing about my behavior.  Starting a bandwagon against a player over a baseless day 1 vote is wreckless at best and shady at worst.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
Vote tally:
 Nickmitch- 1
BeautifulShy-1
Fatty the Hutt-3
Insanolord-2
Mop it up-1
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:27:17 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 11:59:59 PM »
Well, this is a pickle. I wasn't necessarily planning on sticking with my Nickmitch vote. I'd kind of like to throw some more votes around and stir things up, but I won't really be able to check in before thread close, so I'll have to throw out a real vote. I'm a little skeptical of the two who jumped on the Nickmitch vote, though not entirely sure which of the two is best. Seems like as good guess as any, to me.

Vote Fatty_The_Hutt

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »
With two votes on Fatty, and no one else being active today, I'm gonna make a self-defense move:

vote Fatty_the_Hutt

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:33 AM »
I said I'd go with Stogi this time and I'm a girl of my word. Plus, Insanolord wants to keep obsessing over voting for me and I don't like the unwanted attention from that glimmerous fop. Vote Insanolord.

However, in case I am wrongfully eliminated from this game by the Mafia by tomorrow, I do want to keep players thinking about Stratos. His profile shows he's been checking in on these forums but he is keeping rather absent from the game and not voting. Stevey threw out an early day 1 vote on me and has since gone silent. This could be a case of townies wrongfully targeting each other while the Mafia lay low and let us lynch ourselves.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:13:55 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa there! You young whippersanppers sure worked yerselves into a fine lather there.
Here's the tally so far (cuz pokepits ain't doin' his dang job)
BeautifulShy - 1
Nickmitch - 2 (soon to change to 1, since I will shortly be unvoting him)
Insanolord - 2
Fatty - 3

Look folks, this is gonna be a hard chat but it's time for some truth.
I'm a Townie. Have been all my life. I ain't no city mafia girl and I ain't married to the mob like in that movie. I ain't married to no one.
I'm pretty sure I know a few others who are Townies too but I ain't no snitch.
But ya gotta look at the facts, folks. Who's layin' low? Who's startin' bandwagons? Who's jumpin' on them?
Right now, the mafia is playin' us Townies like washboards and jugs. Hell, even if I do get this target off my back today, they'll probably hit me tonight in my sleep anyway. Well, I've had a good lfe, full o' tasty donuts and barking at shady lookin' folks tryin' to get past my gate. So I'm ready to sacrifice. Instead of keeping the nickmitch bandwagon up high in the hopes of increasing votes for him and saving myself, I'm unvoting nickmitch and turning my sights on some mafia-esque behaviors.
That there Khushrenada started yesterday's bandwagon against our beloved Townie Tophatant and it worked. Today he seems to be targeting Insanolord. Joke vendetta or Townie targeting? You decide. I know what I think.
 Today, we got Mop It Up acting all innocent and jumpin' on today's bandwagon without any dang thought or sense. These folks, I'm pointin' my powdered-sugar-covered fingers square at 'em. They're Mafia. Probably.

Anyway, I'm pullin' this here trigger and I want my fellow Townies to follow.
EDIT: I was readin' over the threads again and I chnaged my mind. It's a woman's prerogative! Ha!
Un-VOTE: Khushrenada.
VOTE: Mop it up
I thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:24:39 AM by Fatty The Hutt »
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »
Night actions are due in 12 hours.