Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

I sent a letter to nintendo europe...

<< < (3/3)

Kai:
Edit/deleted triple post.  

Kai:

Originally posted by: baberg

So yes, Nintendo was/is controlling the price, but it's being done indirectly.

--- End quote ---

You said, in response to Rory's note "Nintendo doesn't control the price of games, retailers do." First of all, I wanted to point out that Nintendo had recently been fined for "colluding to prevent trade in low-priced products." You can hmm and ha about "directly" or "indirectly" technically, we don't disagree on this issue.

You said "Do you think Nintendo cares if you buy an import GC or if you buy one from the UK? They receive money either way." That's your opinion. I agree with Ian and think that Nintendo Europe might care.

This reads more like an editorial than a news story.
--- End quote ---

That's because it's (at least in part) an op ed piece.

The Freeloader ships to the UK, and the author (a website no less) begins speaking of the horrible selection of Gamecube games. Show me a story with numbers supporting this position, and I'll change my mind. Statistics on the number of games imported to Europe from other regions would be nice.
--- End quote ---

I'm not interested in changing your opinion, just in stating mine. Any consolidation or shoring-up of your opinion that you require is something you should research.  

Also I'm Australian not European as previously stated. So no, whilst I haven't written to Nintendo Europe I have however written to Nintendo Australia.  

BlkPaladin:
I doubt that Nintendo is doing it anymore. There are ways  for the Manafacture to control prices but fortunatly most of them are illegal. The price of games depends on several factors: how much the retailer is buying, which middle man they are using. (The Video game market uses middle men unlike the Auto Industry which has no middle man its shipped directly to the dealerships and the manufacture and the car sales man makes an average of $10,000 profit each on each vehical sold. All vehicles cost between 3,000 and 6,000 US to make and are sold at 16k-to-100+k each.)

By law the video game publisher can only set a MSRP, and sell the games to the retailers at a set markup field. (Like in Wisconsin certain products can only be marked up 20% it orginal price (gas etc....) Its by and large up the retailers to set their prices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version