Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Run the Series 10: Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, Investigations)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mop it up:
I've never played a one! Um, is that a bannable offense around here...?

Khushrenada:
At this point, I'm thinking of changing all my votes to say I haven't played a game either since saying I've done so seems to be highly frowned on by the users here.

BeautifulShy:
I mean the poll says have you beat any of the games and I haven't but have played Ace Attorney and Dual Destinies.  Where do I fall in the poll?

Order.RSS:
Another honorless non-prouder here.  :(
Did play the Dual Destinies demo, which was honestly pretty fun! Writing was fairly comedic and quippy. But never pulled the trigger on actually buying one, same with Layton by the way.

Are any of these games absolute classics? They seem like fun, upbeat visual novels/adventure games, but not really essential pillars of the industry or whatever.

TOPHATANT123:
Looking at the list I realise I've played most of the series released in English. I'm more of a Layton fan, so I wanted to start with 5 so I would be ready for the cross over.

After those two I next played Miles Edgeworth which is really fun, to me it feels like the direction the series should have gone in. Then the trilogy, finished 1 & 2, still got a couple of cases left to go in 3.

All I would need to complete the set is 4 and 6.

I feel like my enjoyment of the series has gone down a bit with every game. 5 I was absolutely in love with, totally engrossed, couldn't put it down and devoured the DLC as well. But by the time I've got to 3, I'm struggling to find the motivation to play it. I like a big overarching narrative and at the moment it feels like Phoenix is grinding out smaller cases.

It's a lot of text and without that big narrative to push me forward, I finish a case then put it down for a few months. 1 is probably the best example of the grand narrative, which makes sense because it was their original vision for the game. Also probably because it was my first, but I like the goofy stuff 5 does with the "dark age of the law" storyline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version