Author Topic: What will Nintendo release in 2021?  (Read 86728 times)

Offline Mop it up

• Double-Crossing it up
  • Score: 121
    • View Profile
Re: What will Nintendo release in 2021? [final day for predictions!]
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2021, 06:03:50 PM »
Whelp, I think it's safe to say my predictions for this year were far too optimistic. Oh well, next year!

Offline Order.RSS

• IndighooooOOOOoooost
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Predictions closed
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2021, 06:42:43 PM »
Loving all these last-minute predictions! Just declaring the official closure of predictions here, in case some wise-ass posts the entire Direct in here to nab these highly valuable points.  ;)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1012
    • View Profile
Re: What will Nintendo release in 2021?
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2021, 07:00:14 PM »
So it seems the correct answer in the end was...

"It's time to play...JAZZ...BASKETBALL!"

Offline pokepal148

• Save big money at Joja Mart
  • Score: -9968
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2021, 09:41:29 PM »
My Nintendo Predictions are as follows:
- Nintendo will piss off the Smash fanbase at least seven times.
- Nintendo will piss off the Pokemon Fanbase at least five times.
- Nintendo will piss off the fire emblem fanbase somehow
- The Metroid fanbase will get pissed off with little to no action on Nintendo's part.
- Game Freak will piss off the Pokemon fanbase.
- TPCi will piss off the Pokemon fanbase
- Junichi Masuda will piss off the Pokemon fanbase
- Nintendo will piss off the Star Fox fanbase.
Well I got a pissed off Smash fanbase, Nintendo pissed off a bunch of Pokemon fans by not having any Pokemon news at the Nintendo Direct even though Pokemon tends to do it's own PR, and I don't even have to check to see how the Metroid fanbase is feeling after the direct.

Call me Nostradamus!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 69
    • View Profile
Re: What will Nintendo release in 2021? [enter predictions now!]
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 04:46:07 PM »
1. Zelda 35 Celebration! A new Zelda game is announced. One of the Wii U titles (Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, not both) will drop in celebration. Collection of the 3DS Zelda's (Ocarina and Majora) comes to Switch a la 3D All-Stars

2. Prime Trilogy is released when the date/release slot of Prime 4 is announced (example: Prime Trilogy is out now/this Fall and expect to continue the adventure in Prime 4 in Spring 2022!)

3. Something Star Wars comes to Switch that is not Lego. Both something from the old LucasArts catalog as well as something newer and/or original for Switch

4. New Pokemon game releases, either Gen 4 remake or Let's Go Marill/Mareep/Togepi/Pichu (Gold/Silver)

5. Waluigi comes to Smash

6. A non-Mario Kart racing game comes to Switch (Diddy/Donkey Kong Racing, F-Zero, Excite Trucks/Bots, or different property)

7. New mainline Fire Emblem is announced but not released this year. Only FE releases will be a re-release like with Shadow Dragon or a remake of an older game.

8. Banjo-Kazooie game is playable on Switch (either as an N64 port or the X-Box ones or through X-Cloud/Gamepass)

9. A new Switch model is released that is both in line with what us "core gamers" hoped for in a 'Pro' model while not quite being what we hoped for at the same time

10. Nintendo annoys us by not fixing the joycon issues until the lawsuits force them AND continues to use these awful "Disney Vault release windows" to create artificial scarcity

So I got the Star Wars one, though I already hate it because of the trailer. Its the clearly "edgy custom characters that are not trying to be like Fortnite" that tell me this will be awful...along with the developers being a notorious mobile/facebook game dev. So it will undoubtedly be a microtransactional vortex.

I kinda grazed on the Zelda one, and there may be more to it down the road, but got the wrong titles so far.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Order.RSS

• IndighooooOOOOoooost
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2021, 12:22:03 PM »
OP updated to include the new Indigo Blue Switch Lite, tomorrow's Indie World Showcase, and Pac-Man 99.

Offline Order.RSS

• IndighooooOOOOoooost
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 11:37:00 AM »
OP fully up to date now to include E3, as well as today's Pokémon Unite update.

Not sure if anyone uses this thread as a reference for anything, but a minor change: I'm no longer going to individually list all the new Mario Lego sets. Personally I'm deeply uninterested in that scene, and there's already like 8+ new sets out at the halfway point of the year. They do straddle the line between toys and software, as the amiibo do, but Nintendo seem poised to only increase their merchandising crossovers as time goes on, which will clutter the list to no end.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 81
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2021, 12:59:49 PM »
Metroid happens, but only in trailer form.

Very happy/excited to be wrong here.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MKBungle

• the pieces of felt moment
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2021, 01:55:27 PM »
Just taking a quick look at my predictions so far. Here are some that will happen to some degree:
- New Game from Ubisoft Uses a Nintendo IP like Mario + Rabbids and Starlink
- Zelda re-releases For 35th anniversary several older games are released on switch, not as a collection
- New Wario or WarioWare Game
- Games without release dates Breath of the Wild 2 delayed to 2022

Here are  some that could still happen:
- New Switch Model improved Switch hardware releases holiday 2021
- New Kirby Game Not a platformer
- Battletoads (2020) ported to switch
- Games without release dates Bayonetta 3 will release in Summer 2021, Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer with 2022 release window
- Wii U eShop Announcement of closure in 2022
- Super Mario Movie Delayed to 2022

Then is one can no longer happen:
- Smash DLC Challengers include a Pokemon and two 3rd party characters, one from Koei Tecmo

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »
They could do another fighter pass. I'm not ruling that out just yet because they could always change their mind.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast