Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104710 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2020, 06:42:34 PM »
if I am not the main island resident.... can I unlock the road types? As I have 60k+ in Nook miles saved up already. :)

I managed to move my house to a location across the river and up on the next level grade. I built a stone ramp to get up there, and started working out a fruit grove to line the path to my house.... but I need to also build a bridge, which will have to wait till tomorrow once the incline is complete.

Nook has mentioned KK coming to the island, but I don't remember the specifics of actually getting him to come, and my daughter had no real interest in actually progressing the game if I wasn't right next to her doing it with her, so now I need to just take over and make the upgrades, rearrangements, and anything else that needs to be done, while she is at her momma's house.

I'm gonna relocate all my flowers, and set up a breeding garden to try and get some of the colors that I don't already have. My daughter tried to give me some blue flowers from her island at her mom's house, but someone turned off their switch before I could leave the island (and yes, she gave them to me, I told her I would only take what she was giving and nothing else.) and now that the connection was lost, she no longer has the flowers on her island, and I don't have them in my pocket, so they are just lost to the abyss somewhere.
Oh well. I'm sure I'll cross-breed some eventually.

I've already completed the last upgrade to the house (just need to pay it off.... $2.5M bells :/ ), and gave my daughter enough to do her next upgrade (tossed her $750k bells to pay off the previous upgrade so she could do the next upgrade) . I'm moving out of the "collect a ton of stuff and put it everywhere" phase, and actually trying to setup my house nice. Unfortunately, I can only buy 5 things at a time.... and I need to catalog more stuff, and find more ironwood DIY's/furniture.

p.s. BShy, I like those white couches you had in your main entrance. I might need to catalog those off you next time around :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 07:08:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2020, 07:19:12 PM »
BlackNMilk2k1 those couches were one of the first things that got sent to my island from Golden Phoenix.  I wouldn't mind letting you catalog them the next time I open my gates which will be tomorrow or after I sell my turnips.   As to a breeding garden I know the main things you need is to have flowers in like a checkerboard pattern and of the same type of phylum.  I also know it helps if you water your flowers because the next day it gives a better chance to create hybrids if the right flowers are ajacent to each other.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
Here's two images I generally refer to for crossbreeding.  Although, I'm mostly focused on making a garden full of pink roses at the moment.

TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2020, 01:20:52 PM »
It seems like it is Museum Day stamp rally and it starts today and goes to the 31st of May I believe.  Basically you go around the museum to the fossil,bug, fish displays and find these booths which kinda tell a story and at the end you get 3 different plaques for your home. 

On another not I am looking forward to more cataloging sessions as I need a watery wallpaper set to go with my upstairs room.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2020, 02:03:17 PM »
I got my first ironwood duplicate for the DIY bench. That and like 20+ more are sitting around waiting for the next swap-meet. Will probably shoot for Tuesday again to host.

I think I am on the cusp of 5-stars for the island rank, because Isabelle changed her wording. She's been harping on me getting scenery while sitting at 4 stars and now she says people love the scenery...BUT I have too much stuff on the ground. Between the fossils, DIYs, spare items, and 1.5 million worth of turnips on the ground I may be my own worst enemy. I can't even begin to clean up until I sell off my turnips.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
I need anything Ironwood :D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2020, 09:26:15 PM »
Well I figured out who is not going to be a islander. Eugine the Koala and Frita the Sheep.  They don't really fit with any of the climates/areas that is not occupying a islander already so I am going to try and get an Ostrich and Bunny for the desert area for now.  I just have to get them off the island first.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »
I have Flick in my town which is going to be exciting as I haven't seen them around in my town before. Time to catch some bugs to sell today.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »
p.s. BShy, I like those white couches you had in your main entrance. I might need to catalog those off you next time around :)

I ordered one from my catalog and it is on your way BlackNMild2k1. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2020, 03:29:55 PM »

I ordered one from my catalog and it is on your way BlackNMild2k1. 

Gracias!!
Received and placed. More to be ordered soon!!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2020, 03:32:47 PM »
So I sold off all my turnips, spent 1.5 million buying and got over 8 million back after tipping out, so a pretty good haul.

I am trying to cleanup my island for the 5-star rating and found some datamined details on how to get it.

The game uses two scoring systems for the island. One is called "Life" and the other is "Nature." There's no description as to what these categories entail, but it seems pretty obvious. "Life" probably relates to objects you've purchased or created such as tables, chairs, lighthouses, and other lifestyle furniture. The "Nature" category most likely deals with unique trees on the island, hybrid flowers available, or crafted objects such as log benches and leaf piles that are more rustic in nature.

To achieve a five-star rating, you'll need to earn over 665 "Life Points" and over 450 "Nature Points." We interpret this as meaning you should favor placing manmade objects across the island as opposed to simply planting a gigantic field of flowers. However, chopping down every tree and building a bustling metropolis probably isn't the best technique either, as you'll still need enough space to accrue 450 "Nature Points."

You cannot earn a five-star rating if you have more than 220 trees on your island.
You cannot earn a five-star rating if you have more than 15 loose items on your island.
You cannot earn a five-star rating if you have a "very messy map."

Got some big work stuff I have to knuckled down and do for a good while now, so depending on timing I might hold off on out weekly swap meet until later in the week. Or I might ask everyone to hoard stuff and then Memorial Day weekend we could have a huge combined swap-meet event.

What is everyone's thoughts on that?
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2020, 04:22:44 PM »
I would be up for that Stratos.  I can purchase things daily and save them in my storage and we can swap come Memorial Day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2020, 06:10:42 PM »
Sounds good to me. I'll check inventory.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »
Well this morning I finally got around to putting a few items around the island.  I really only put 9 additional things on the island. I have had 3 items by my house forever.  Even though I have an abundance of trees around the island I really only cut down 5 trees on the whole island and it got me to three stars and KK Slider is coming to the island.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2020, 12:13:28 AM »
BnM I think you can buy the island designer upgrades for roads. My wife got the island designer app and the game told.her she.could get upgrades for it. Will test and get back to you on the details.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2020, 02:34:15 AM »
I talked to Isabelle who said that I had too many trees on my island.  I had built an orchard of all the different fruit trees so I could harvest them for cash periodically, but I guess I got overzealous with the planting.  This was especially so with the apple trees as those were my "sister fruit".  Anyway, I cut the footprint of the orchard by a lot.  I was previously considering a redo of it, so this gave me an excuse to do both.  I ended up taking out not just a bunch from the orchard but from around the whole island.  I actually spread a bunch out over the island and found out that I had fewer peach trees (my native fruit) than I realized, so I planted a few more.  I think they make sense where they are, but I'm still building out the town.  In any event, there are significantly fewer trees on the island now, and I still have a couple of coconut trees I can take out.  I don't know if I had 220 trees on the island, but it's possible I was close.  I should certainly be below that by the end of tomorrow.  Not that I'm close to a 5-star rating; I'm still at 3.

Question: I have quite a few on my person in the game.  I can bring them to another island and plant them? My girlfriend is playing, and I don't think she has all the fruits yet.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #291 on: May 21, 2020, 09:25:38 AM »
There is no harm in bringing a tree along for your next visit and trying it out.  I haven't tried it personally but it might work. In any case you could just bring the fruit she doesn't have and giving them to her.

In other news I got the terraforming tools and it is going to take some effort to get things how I like them and it is a little overwhelming how much I can do.  I'll get it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #292 on: May 21, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »
Well  I have all the areas where everything is going to be and I am in the process of moving animals around where I want them but it takes a day to move so I am expiditing things today and moving all the villagers around in a day. Then I can start doing the design work around the buildings.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #293 on: May 21, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »
I felt a little overwhelmed when I first got the tools too. It's essentially three functions: water, elevation, and paths; but there's so much you can do across your island that it feels limitless. I think after playing around a bit, it settled for filling in a river (which creates so much space) and going from there. I also like that you can fill in a river with one square in the middle and jump across it. I'm redoing some bridges and it's really helpful. Plus, they look nice.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2020, 01:16:26 AM »
Spent a good portion of the day reorganizing my islanders and the shops where I want them. I have them all in the areas I want and I even got a few inclines in the island to go from area to area.  I think I went a bit heavy with the terraforming to have a general idea of how I want things. I still have to redecorate the island with stuff and flowers but it is a nice start. 

On the plus side I am still over 1 million  even after moving the islanders and shops where I want them and I also am going to try and not do any bridges on the island so a vaulting pole may not be required for the island.   

Next on the list is to get two new villagers for the desert area so a bunny and an ostrich are a must for the area.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2020, 01:58:56 PM »
I am systematically replacing my villagers with my desired ones using custom amiibo. I have brought over HOpper and Ankah already. So if anyone wants my current villagers let me know.

Up for grabs:
Francine the Rabbit
Maple the Bear
Walker the Dog
Ricky the Squirrel

Also sending off Lyman the Koala and Audie the Fox, but I will save them for later because I like them well enough. Phoebe is an OG member of the island and I don't want to send her off, but I might consider it so I can invite her later so she has her nicer house (OG members will not upgrade beyond the basic furnishings).
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #296 on: May 22, 2020, 02:13:32 PM »
I do need a Rabbit for my island for the desert area.  I am having Eugine the Koala and Frita the Sheep leave since they don't fit the area requirements.   

I would love Francine, Stratos!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2020, 07:07:39 PM »
I have all of my loans paid off from Nook, and I have a 5-star island. I'm playing daily still though (finding fossils, hitting rocks, shaking trees, chatting to all the islanders), but not trying to burn out from having no goals to shoot for currently.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 22, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »
can you terraform someone elses island?

maybe drop off road building kits?

Have you hacked the game yet? gotten Star Fragment trees? increased item stacks to 99 for everything?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #299 on: May 22, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
No, I've been playing normally. No hacking, no time traveling. I'd have gotten bored with game by now if I did any of that.

I guess my currently goal is just furniture hunting and tidying up my island even more, little by little. :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)