Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Nintendo Switch Lite and Future Revisions

<< < (27/28) > >>

ThePerm:
This certainly has a boost of power given it can display 1080p in handheld mode. I don't expect it to be a huge upgrade. I wonder if this version will help with slowdown in games like Zelda? Maybe a boost to games like Doom?

nickmitch:
“No new CPU or increased RAM”

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1412432047168278528?s=21

Kairon:
Looks like this is a 3DS XL style upgrade, or a DSLite style, both of which were revisions I skipped. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be on the DSi or New 3DS level of upgrade, which I DID splurge on. Phew!

I'd guess there's still room for an improved-hardware Switch to come out in 2022 though.

Mop it up:
Since it's functionally the same as the current regular Switch, I think it should replace it eventually, to help lessen possible confusion by having too many models. But, only if they bring it back down to $300 when it comes time to replace it.

Kairon:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on July 06, 2021, 03:12:24 PM ---Since it's functionally the same as the current regular Switch, I think it should replace it eventually, to help lessen possible confusion by having too many models. But, only if they bring it back down to $300 when it comes time to replace it.

--- End quote ---

And by doing so, Nintendo will have successfully maintained the $300 price point for even longer. They must really be trying to support that price point and avoiding a "price cut" below it for as long as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version