Author Topic: Resident Evil Revelaitons 2  (Read 5279 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Resident Evil Revelaitons 2
« on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »
Here are some early details on the game, copied and pasted from one of the first links on The Google: Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – New Details Revealed, First Screenshots, Claire Redfield, Burton & More! There are also some magazine scans I didn't want to hotlink and am too lazy to save and upload to imgur. Okay, fine, here's one of Claire and Ellen Page Moira:

- Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”

- Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.
The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.

- When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused.  Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.

- Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself).

- The story will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.

- The campaign will begin with Claire and Moira awakening after being abducted.

- The events will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.

- Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.

- Fan feedback has played a part in the development of Resident Evil: Revelations 2.  Producer Okabe said that “The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations.”

- Okabe also said that “I want this to be both a game that doesn’t lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series.”  He also added that “Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed.”

- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”

- The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player.  It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.

- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run at 1080p and 60fps (for the PC and new gen versions at least).

I really liked the first Revelaitons. I put a ton of time into the 3DS version then got to the middle of Trench difficulty (Normal) in Raid Mode in the Wii U version before stopping. I haven't had the urge to pick it up again. I think oohhboy once referred to Raid Mode as a "bullet sponge simulator" which is pretty accurate. I really enjoyed it in the beginning then it just got old. Anyway, I think co-op will help the sequel tremendously in the campaign. The lack of local multiplayer in the console versions of original was total ass.

Revelaitons 2 is announced for every current platform except Wii U and 3DS (boo-urns). Since that's the case, I'll probably just end up waiting until I eventually buy a PS4. It'll definitely be $20 by then. It's nice to see Claire back even though I prefer Jill. I still find it odd that this series keeps introducing new characters without catching up on so many of the old ones, namely Rebecca and Barry for that matter (though I really wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here). Hopefully, Moira isn't an annoying douche like Wesker's son, Jake.

Re: Resident Evil Revelaitons 2
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:10:05 AM »
I was hoping that it would at least be on the Wii U eshop. I like that it is going to be more survival horror focused. I honestly don't mind how 5 and 6 were more action oriented, but I l prefer the feeling I get when I am low on ammo and i have to strategize a bit more.  Yay Claire!
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:13:55 AM »
I literally have no idea how you managed to misspell "revelations" so many times.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »
I literally have no idea how you managed to misspell "revelations" so many times.
No, you're misspelling "Revelaitons."

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 12:50:54 AM »
Wow, not a lot of Nintendo love these days, even Capcom is skipping the WII U/3DS :(.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 01:17:50 AM »
Actually, Capcom's put more games on Wii U and 3DS than Nintendo has.

Granted, they're 20-30 years old, but for the most part I think we need to consider the alternatives here.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 01:26:54 AM »
I'm kinda bummed this wasn't announced for the Wii U.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 01:28:23 AM »
No, you're misspelling "Revelaitons."

Hahaha oh dear. I did forget about that.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
I saw it misspelled once in his post, then re-read it to make sure it was consistent. Well done.

But hey, shouldn't this be in Nintendo console discussion? I mean, surely Wii U is the place to go for third party games, especially mature titles...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 07:49:51 AM »
First trailer

It's being released in four weekly episodes at $6 each, then $25 complete, and $40 for the retail version which apparently has additional content. Yeah, I'd just wait for the retail release. I'm not anti-episodic games; I'd rather just have the entire game at once.

Source

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 08:36:18 AM »
This seems like an overly complicated and unnecessary marketing scheme.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
I'm kinda bummed this wasn't announced for the Wii U.

Same here. I was pretty vocal about really enjoying the original Revelations on 3DS... so not being able to play the sequel is disappointing.  Oh well. I've got way too many games in my backlog already.
NNID: ejamer

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
That trailer looks like they are taking pointers from Hostel which is pretty damn sickening even for me.

I love how you have managed to cover every conceivable joke I would have made in your opening post Adrock while being subtle about it. I can see Nintendo getting a belated port of this maybe for the New3DS and if that does well, the WiiU.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?