Author Topic: People Need To Stop Bitching  (Read 93794 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
People Need To Stop Bitching
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:21:26 AM »
Honestly, I don't think I've ever been more annoyed with the Internet as a whole as I've been for the last week. If I read one more thing about how Nintendo is stupid and needs to die a horrible death, or how stupid their E3 was, or how the Wii U's controller is dumb etc., I'm gonna blow a gasket. I always had a feeling that the Internet was the vocal minority compared to everyone else, and now I have my proof.

I mean, at my school (which mostly has a population of gamers who own PS3's and 360's and use them only for CoD or Gears of War) they were excited and impressed by the Wii U. I'm sure this isn't much different in other parts of the country and world.

I don't care how bad the E3 was. I don't care that the 3DS Software Conference didn't show any new games. No one besides Nintendo know what's going on with the Wii U. The next two years will decide the fate of the Wii U and Nintendo as a whole. Instead of mindlessly bitching about it, I say that we calm our tits and play the waiting game.

(Disclaimer in case Insanolord decides to bitch: this wasn't completely directed towards the members of the NWR forums. Many of you have good points in why Nintendo failed this year. I have no other place of putting this so I decided to post it on these forums.)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: People Need To Stop Bitching
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »
I've noticed people get banned from gaf for bitching about bitching. Aside from making a big post on Facebook, this may be as safe a place as any.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:33:13 AM »
I've noticed people get banned from gaf for bitching about bitching. Aside from making a big post on Facebook, this may be as safe a place as any.

Really?  Wow.  I mean, as much as I may disagree with someone and as much as I may be annoyed with their particular view point regarding Wii U/E3/etc., I wouldn't ban anyone for "bitching" about it unless they were way, way over the top or made some pretty nasty personal attacks against other forum members in their rant.

Did the banned users go over the top or does GAF just have more stringent rules on user conduct?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:38:18 AM »
I fully embrace the idea that Nintendo needs to be critiqued, evaluated, and called out when they don't meet expectations or make other sorts of mistakes.

But geez... I'm right there with you Oblivion. I can't... some people...the internet... the amount of out-of-nowhere blindsiding negative energy... GAAHHHHH. I don't know, maybe I'm just too sensitive, maybe I just don't appreciate that wild knee-jerk emotional swings are how some people operate but... GAAAAAAHHHH. Pikmin 3. Mario. Two Controllers. Mass Effect 3. And even more!!! This may not live up to our "perfect" fantasies, but we have to live in the real world where the majority of human being are fighting tooth and nail just to get to "good enough." I'm still getting a Wii U at launch.

But no Animal Crossing 3DS this year? THAT people have a right to complain about. I bought a 3DS for that game... T-T
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 12:41:23 AM »
I don't mind the act of complaining. Everyone complains. In some cases, it can even be constructive criticism. When you think about it, anything that's not a positive comment about something is a complaint. How many people make neutral comments about something? When New Super Mario Bros. 2 was announced, no one said, "This is a game." And even some neutral comments are construed negatively.

Rather, it's what people complain about that I find odd. Then, this is how I feel:

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:26 AM »
Dissent is the highest form of Fanboyism. So don't tell me to "love it or leave it".
is your sanity...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 01:02:21 AM »

Really?  Wow.  I mean, as much as I may disagree with someone and as much as I may be annoyed with their particular view point regarding Wii U/E3/etc., I wouldn't ban anyone for "bitching" about it unless they were way, way over the top or made some pretty nasty personal attacks against other forum members in their rant.

Did the banned users go over the top or does GAF just have more stringent rules on user conduct?

They are very stringent. They will often times look for any excuse to get rid of someone, as there is a waiting list to get accepted into the forums. At least I had to wait like 6 months before I was accepted. And I don't even post...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 01:09:20 AM »
Dissent is the highest form of Fanboyism. So don't tell me to "love it or leave it".

I had a feeling that someone would accuse me of being a fanboy. Let me tell you something: I am not a fanboy. I've only ever owned one Nintendo system: The Wii. I've owned quite a bit more handhelds, but that's it. And I only own about five games for those consoles/handhelds. Now, let me look at my Sony collection...ah! I see about 30 games...hm...I wonder which company I'm more of a fanboy over, hm?

No. It's more likely that I like rooting for the underdog and that it takes a truly transparent person to notice the fact that while all three companies had fairly shitty conferences this year, Nintendo is the one that all internet commenters and news outlets concentrate on.

Nice try, bub.
(EDIT: Oops. Not what he meant. Oh well.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:16:38 AM by Oblivion »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:10:06 AM »

Dissent I'm fine with. Dissent I love. But roiling negative emotional outbursts? They're like kryptonite to me, they actually evoke a physical response from me. I... guess that's more my problem instead of anyone else's, but still.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 01:11:39 AM »
Your avatar seems very fitting right now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 01:14:30 AM »
I had a feeling that someone would accuse me of being a fanboy.

You misunderstood me... I mean those who are criticizing (ie: bitching) about the Wii U/Nintendo/E3/whatever are dissenters. And in this case I meant Fanboy as a positive thing. In other words, I mean to say the dissenters are true fanboys of Nintendo because they want whats best for the company and aren't afraid to speak up, instead of just being sheep and blindly accepting whatever they are told.

I just basically modified the quote "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism" that I think was said by Thomas Jefferson, but changed it from Patriotism to Fanboyism because that's more appropriate in this case.
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 01:15:21 AM »
Oopsie. I apologize.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 01:52:01 AM »
It turns out the Jocks and the Bullies were right all along. Nerds are whiny little pukes and need to be beaten.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:02 AM »
The internet can seem overly negative at times, but I have to say in this particular instance I would argue that most of it is warranted. Fortunately there are a handful of places like this forum where we can discuss, debate and criticise without resorting to 'bitching'. I'm perhaps among the most critical of Nintendo's E3 showing this year, but the difference between bitching and being critical I think is the manner in which you vocalise your opinions. It's the hyperbolic statements and rhetoric (both positive and negative) that gets on my nerves.
Gouge away.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 02:17:26 AM »

Neo Gaf is run by Sony fanboys who love to watch other Sony fanboys troll Nintendo and then ban Nintendo fans when they actually call them out for this sh!t.  Seriously, go on any Wii U related thread this last week and people have been allowed to say the most negative related things about the system in the most trollish ways possible yet no mods call anyone out for it.  Even though Neo Gaf is suppose to have rules that will ban people for trolling, if it's against Nintendo the mods don't care, but if somebody actually ask why people trolling Nintendo aren't being punished for what's clearly against the sites own rules, that person will labeled a Nintendo hivemind fanboy and banned instantly.

Yes they will sometimes ban people for trolling Nintendo but only if it gets into the most extremely stupid territory like saying Nintendo will be going third party in a few months or start begging for Nintendo exclusives to be ported to other systems since they have a no port begging rule that results in an instant ban if somebody does it without questions which is why Nintendo trolls will get banned for that since it's impossible for the mods to not enforce that rule since it's a zero tolerance rule.

Other then that people are free to trash Nintendo anyway they want and if any Nintendo fan tries to fight back they're the ones who gets banned.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:19:48 AM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »
It turns out the Jocks and the Bullies were right all along. Nerds are whiny little pukes and need to be beaten.

And after they get their ass kicked, they go online and act like an apparent badass because that's the only thing that can fill the pathetic void in their life.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 02:41:20 AM »
I'm seeing an awful lot of "bitching" in a thread about wanting an end to it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 03:10:09 AM »
I think gamers as a whole turn me off. They're entitled, they whine when a company doesn't cater to them 100% (god forbid they branch out to other people), and consider next gen to only have to do with power and nothing to do with innovation or new features.

Are you the same Oblivion from GAF?

It's weird because I consider to be NeoGAF to be just as bad as the sites they constantly make fun such as GameFAQs, except GameFAQs doesn't pretend its poop smells the nicest out of every site on the Internet. And the mods on GameFAQs don't participate in console wars and post trollbait either. It is a very hypocritical site. I have an account and can read the forums, but I do not and cannot post.

Now I'M the one whining. Sorry about that.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 03:19:23 AM »
No, I'm not.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 03:22:50 AM »
That was a silly question as the name is common. I read gaf on the second post and got confused. Thank you for clearing that up.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
I'm seeing an awful lot of "bitching" in a thread about wanting an end to it.

Gandhi said you must "be the change you wish to see in the world", so if you want a world with less bitching then you must make the first step yourself and refrain from bitching about the bitchers. :)
is your sanity...

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 05:50:26 AM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with having really high expectations for the big dogs in the highly competitive video game biz. Haters are gonna hate, and as strange as it may seem, I think that is a good thing - it sends a message that Nintendo is going to have to really knock our socks off if they want our money.

Ergo, people need to keep bitching.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 07:28:16 AM »
In other words, I mean to say the dissenters are true fanboys of Nintendo because they want whats best for the company and aren't afraid to speak up, instead of just being sheep and blindly accepting whatever they are told.
Chozo, no disrespect, but this is total ****. I have no doubt that you want what's best for Nintendo and have thoughts on how to get there. I just don't understand why what you're suggesting is what's best for Nintendo because you can't prove anything. There's an immensely large gap between what you want and what is.

I'm having a tremendous amount of trouble wrapping my head around your assertion that the dissenters somehow know what's up and everyone else are just sheep or rubes or whatever. Why can't people just like these things? Why are they blind followers? Why does their opinion matter less? Because that's what you're basically saying here. By your own logic, anyone who is a dissenter is the true fan who knows what's best. Replace "Wii" with anything else Nintendo released that was popular.

Some people just like things. In this case, a lot of people like this thing you don't particularly like. Maybe this is the best way, maybe not. Disliking something doesn't validate that something as bad. I didn't like Skyward Sword. I don't think Nintendo should never make a game like it again because I didn't like it. That would be a pretty audacious claim. "You can't have something you like because I don't like it and I know better than you." I reckon someone would flat-out fucking backhand me for making that claim.

Now, I'm not saying that you're wrong; I simply don't see how you could conceivably prove that you're right. And I don't understand how, at this point, some of you on this message board cannot grasp the nature of subjectivity. Additionally, I'm not saying that you shouldn't voice your concerns. Let your voice be heard! However, the second you start claiming that what you're saying is fact, I raise an eyebrow and say, "Let me tell you why that's bullshit."

/rant
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:33:11 AM by Adrock »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 09:28:25 AM »
There has been some bitching, but (at least here) it's seemed more like venting to me.  At least that's why I complain. 
NNID: ejamer

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »
In this case, a lot of people like this thing you don't particularly like.

You mean the Wii U? I'm not sure what you mean by a "lot of people"... apparently a lot of people were disappointed in what they seen of it at E3 (or more accurately what they didn't see).

There are facts and there are opinions. Dissenters of Nintendo's current policies are voicing opinions, just like how people who are praising Nintendo are voicing opinions. In neither case are they fact. But what is a fact is that what was shown at E3 was a huge disappointment to many people. It is also a fact that the Wii is pretty much dead, and has been that way for quite some time. These are facts..... how you interpret them may be opinion.

I just want to know when the non-dissenters think about the declining sales and market share of the Wii and the lackluster performance (in the opinion of many) of E3? What is their answer? Should Nintendo "stay the course" despite all this and make no change in policy whatsoever? I've heard that the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.... well, the Wii ended up being a casual shovelware system that for most people just collected dust for long stretches of time due to lack of new games. So far nothing about the Wii U looks like it will be any different.  What assurances do we have from Nintendo or third parties or anyone that the Wii U isn't going to have software droughts?

I don't want history to repeat itself yet again. We've had software droughts at the end of every Nintendo systems life cycle from the N64 onward. The NES and SNES on the other hand didn't have software droughts. In fact, both the NES and SNES seen new software releases well after the release of their successors. The last NES game was Wario Woods which came out in 1994, I think... This is how it SHOULD BE.

So one can be a dissenter to how Nintendo is running things now yet still be a Nintendo fan. Nintendo has done things right in the past, so that proves they are capable of it. The difference is now the company is under new leadership, and maybe that's what needs to change.
is your sanity...