Author Topic: Trine 2, Wii U, Electric Boogaloo  (Read 3201 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Trine 2, Wii U, Electric Boogaloo
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »
Gameplay Video

This is going to be the prettiest launch game for the Wii U. I have the first one on Linux, but I think I will get this one on Wii U, unless it shows up in a Humble Bundle before then.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Trine 2, Wii U, Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »
If you've never played a Trine game before, you're in for a real treat with Trine 2 because it's a very well-made game.  Unfortunately, if you have played the original Trine, aside from the gorgeous visuals there really isn't anything new to the gameplay.  In fact, in many ways I think they made the experience slightly worse by removing some features from the original Trine.  Now, the Wii U version will include the as-yet-unreleased Trine 2 expansion DLC with more levels and character abilities.  However, I doubt those new abilities will be useable in the original levels because they'd probably break the game.

But yes, definitely check Trine 2 out if you're curious.  Hopefully, Nintendo will put a demo up when the Wii U launches.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »
I can't wait! And I've done absolutely zero research on what this game is about!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
The good news it appears nintendo's lifting it's space limitations (40MB on the WII) for it's marketplace.  Trine 2 is 1.2-/1.3 GB so I'm expecting to see more support for WII U. 

Not sure if Tank Tank Tank is going be an retail release or WII ware title?  Can't see myself fooking over $60 for it but if it's $15 than maybe that'll be a fun little shooter.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
I was pretty impressed by what I've seen of the game. It looks amazing. I don't like downloading games, but I may make an exception.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
Tank Tank Tank is set to be a retail release... which is terrible.
Trine 2, on the other hand, is very awesome.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
The good news it appears nintendo's lifting it's space limitations (40MB on the WII) for it's marketplace.  Trine 2 is 1.2-/1.3 GB so I'm expecting to see more support for WII U. 

Not sure if Tank Tank Tank is going be an retail release or WII ware title?  Can't see myself fooking over $60 for it but if it's $15 than maybe that'll be a fun little shooter.

I think it would embarrassing if Tank! Tank! Tank! was a retail release for both Nintendo and Namco Bandai.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »
I think this is the only game in the Nintendo booth I didn't play. I was going to near the end of the last day, but there was a decent line and a nearby Pikmin demo with no line, so I went and played that again. Never played the series before, though, and I'm looking forward to this. The Wii U eShop is looking like it'll have a pretty strong start.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline VariantX7

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 11:54:42 PM »

I think it would embarrassing if Tank! Tank! Tank! was a retail release for both Nintendo and Namco Bandai.

After how Namco Bandai released RR Vita, Split one piece unlimited cruise SP into two games and then sold both halves for FULL price, I don't think they know how to be embarrassed.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 07:50:44 AM »
I've had the original Trine on Steam for a while, but haven't gotten around to playing it.  The promise of it being on Wii U gives me a good excuse to give the original a go.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost