Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755227 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2011, 11:44:50 AM »
I have Frozen Synapse, a 25% valve, 10% Atari, 50% Maxpayne 2, 50% ARES extinction Agenda.

I would be happy to trade you any of them for your copy of Half Life 2 and 2 coal.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
Is $12 worth Oblivion: GOTY edition?  I would like to give it a try as well to see if that kind of gameplay will be something I deem worthy of spending for Skyrim.

I'm not sure which system you would get this game for, but I would like to point out to you that the PS3 version of Oblivion does not have trophies at all. So if that sort of thing is important to you, get the 360 version. Otherwise, if you only care about Gameplay and love RPGs then its a good choice regardless. The engine is old and lacks features you would find in Skyrim and there are a lot of bugs, but there is good gameplay there and a slider to adjust the difficulty level to your liking.
is your sanity...

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
Super Monkey Ball: $3 with original case and instructions
Galactic Attack (Saturn): $7 with original case and instructions

Ebay lot of a Dreamcast, 2 controllers, a lightgun, and some games: $40
Crazy Taxi
House of the Dead 2
Soulcaliber
Sega Smashpack
Tomb Raider (the one where she's a teenager. Haven't touched this one yet)
And a few sports titles
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
Persona 3 and FF Tactics: War of the Lions for PSP on PSN.

COME AT ME, BROS.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »
Is $12 worth Oblivion: GOTY edition?  I would like to give it a try as well to see if that kind of gameplay will be something I deem worthy of spending for Skyrim.

I'm not sure which system you would get this game for, but I would like to point out to you that the PS3 version of Oblivion does not have trophies at all. So if that sort of thing is important to you, get the 360 version. Otherwise, if you only care about Gameplay and love RPGs then its a good choice regardless. The engine is old and lacks features you would find in Skyrim and there are a lot of bugs, but there is good gameplay there and a slider to adjust the difficulty level to your liking.

PC.  This is through the Steam sale.  I probably won't be able to get Skyrim until I update my PC a little bit, so I figure I could get Oblivion as a way to decide whether or not it's a good choice.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »
I have Frozen Synapse, a 25% valve, 10% Atari, 50% Maxpayne 2, 50% ARES extinction Agenda.

I would be happy to trade you any of them for your copy of Half Life 2 and 2 coal.

For Half Life 2 AND 2 coal?

Well, I was wanting to make a trade mostly for the achievement (will probably get more coal, and am also looking to increase my coal count)....Would you consider a straight trade of Half Life 2 for ARES Extinction Agenda?  Since you already have a 25% coupon for Valve, I would also be willing to include the 33% off Codemasters game coupon.  If not, I completely understand :)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
The PC is the best platform to play Oblivion or any Bethesda title for that matter. Not only will it be the most stable, but you will also be able to try out mods to the game. I say go for it.
is your sanity...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
This is a negotiation  :cool; . I would be happy do a straight trade for the coupon for ARES for Half Life 2. Steam name is the same as here and I can also be found in the NWR Steam group.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
I found an awesome little used game store called Amazing Heroes yesterday. Picked up a CIB copy of Tomb Raider for Saturn for $7. I need to stop by there and get some replacement video cords, since the one I got shipped was missing about half of the pins. For some reason, that makes it difficult to get to work on my new flat screen.  :P:

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:34 PM »
Was out of town over the weekend and picked up a few gaming items.

Finally completed my Metroid set - picked up the last game I never owned... Super Metroid.  I've been avoiding getting it online due to the price, but when it was sitting right in front of me at this store, I couldn't pass it up.

Also picked up the newest Enterplay/New Super Mario Bros. Wii collector's tin with the last card in the set (the exclusive Gold Bowser foil).  Whoo!  At this same Toys R Us, they had the giant Mario "DS Holder" on clearance for $20... wanted it at $40, wasn't spending that much on it...  $20 seemed like the right price.  I still want the Pikachu one, but $15 just seems overpriced... which makes no sense since it doubles as a charger while the Mario one... does nothing.

Picked up Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at Best Buy for $5.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »
For a second there I thought you bought all of that Metroid stuff this weekend and mugged some sap with a Zero Suit Samus realdoll.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ernesto1

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
Recently i have purchased 
MW 3
Rage
Asphalt 6
League of Legends

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »
Finally completed my Metroid set
Technically, it is missing the original NES release and the Metroid Prime Player's Choice edition. Still, it's a nice set. I had no idea that Samus had a cameo in a Virtual Boy game, I had to look up why Galactic Pinball was in there.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
Recently i have purchased 
MW 3
Rage
Asphalt 6
League of Legends

I'm pretty sure that you can get League of Legends for free. :P

Rage is one of the best shooters to hit the PC in a looong time. If there's one thing Id can do, it's make a game feel right. Not to mention it looks nice to boot.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »
The first two Layton games, $20.  Did I overpay?
 :confused;
NNID: ejamer

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2012, 10:43:41 AM »
I bought Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines, Citizen Kabuto and Sanitarium.

The more I look at GOG and other places for older games the more I realize how much I want to play all these games I missed over most new releases.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
Found a PS2, with all hookups and 2 controllers, Final Fantasy X, and Resident Evil 4 for $40. Thank you Value Village!

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

$20 for both? You wildly underpaid. If not, just underpaid.
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2012, 08:44:24 PM »

$20 for both? You wildly underpaid. If not, just underpaid.

Oh good. I bought used and wasn't sure what the going rate is for Layton games, so offered $10 per game. DS games are so outrageously cheap now that I wasn't sure who was getting the better deal.

Bonus #1: Not only were both games like new, the Club Nintendo codes were still unused. Yay, 60 coins!

Bonus #2: Some quick research this evening suggests that I can flip them at GameStop (Canada) using current trade-in promotions to preorder either Resident Evil: Revelations or Xenoblade. Very tempting prize for $20 if that's true. I'll have to play through the games a bit and decide whether they are "keepers" or not.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13:43 PM »
DS games are so outrageously cheap now that I wasn't sure who was getting the better deal.
Where can I find outrageously cheap DS games? I haven't had much luck finding good games for $10 or less.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2012, 09:46:56 PM »
DS games are so outrageously cheap now that I wasn't sure who was getting the better deal.
Where can I find outrageously cheap DS games? I haven't had much luck finding good games for $10 or less.

Mop it up, are you ever on CheapAssGamer.com?

Best Buy recently had Pilotwing Resort, Steel Diver and Golden Sun-something-or-other for $5 each, free shipping or free in-store pick up.  They've also had the 3DS Nintendogs games for as low as $5.

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
I have an account there but I don't visit very often. The layout is pretty cluttered and it can take a while to find something relevant to me. Now, if someone who visited there were nice enough to post deals on here...

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2012, 02:19:07 AM »
"Now, if someone who visited there were nice enough to post deals on here..."

LOL?  I guess you missed this thread?

*edit* fixed your link for you... -UB
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:38:45 PM by UncleBob »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2012, 05:00:55 PM »
I don't see the Golden Sun deal posted in that thread.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »
Which would be a great reason to visit CAG's deals forum daily. :D

Today, I found four sets of DK Bongos at a Walmart on clearance for $5 each.  The boxes were a little shelf worn, but I grabbed them anyway.  I have nine sets now!  Whoo!

Also found a new-in-box 3DS Charger & Cradle at Goodwill for $7.  I can always use another DS charger. :D