Author Topic: NWR's WorldWide Test Kitchen  (Read 196316 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: NWR's WorldWide Test Kitchen
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »
I tried one of those foil burgers, but in addition to the onion and basic seasoning I put in some Worcester sauce, a little bit of Frank's Red Hot, and a mix of barbecue sauce and honey mustard, and cooked it on the grill. It went on with all that liquid in there, but there was barely any when it was done; it had all cooked into the burger. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had. 
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »
oh man, now that I've got my grill out, I'm going to do that this weekend.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
That sounds delicious.

Maybe I'll try that one too.... but someone stole the propane tank off my BBQ grill (It's in my backyard) so I'll have to do it on the stove.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
I'd like to add an easy dinner dish which is slightly unorthodox, but also my most requested dish: Peanut Butter Chicken.

Ingredients:

Chicken Breast (x4)
Milk (at least half a quart)
Peanut Butter (1-2 cups)
Chicken Base (1 tablespoon)
Chile Pasilla (California will do in a pinch) (x4)
Onion (x1)
Oil (2 tablespoons)

Method:
1) Cut onions in whatever manner you prefer (diced, minced, rings, etc.)
2) Wash the chiles and cut them into thin slices
3) In a saute pan, heat oil medium-high, then saute onions until they begin to turn translucent
4) Add chicken breasts, and brown on both sides. You can also cut them into small chunks before browning, which I prefer
5) Once the breasts are browned, add the milk. You want to cover most of the chicken breasts
6) Add the chicken base, chile, and peanut butter: distribute evenly. If it looks pale to you, add another spoonful of peanut butter
7) Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover
8) Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced to whatever thickness you desire

People give me funny looks when I tell them about this recipe, but I've yet to have anyone not ask for seconds!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »
Too bad you didn't post that about an hour ago. I just might have tried it.
I was actually just about to post a recipe I just experimented with that turned out pretty good.

I'll post it later, gotta update the 1st post with your recipe for now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2010, 11:05:37 PM »
Is it like Thai peanut sauce chicken?

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2010, 01:37:35 AM »
Is it like Thai peanut sauce chicken?

Not really: it's creamier and it's not spicy: its got a smoky flavor instead.  It goes great with garlic rice!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
Intriguing...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 01:00:33 AM »
This is a snack/appetizer. Chips.
Very simple to make.

Ingrediants.
Corn tortillas
Season Salt.
Olive oil
Preperation.

Put in the olive oil in a pan or a deep fat frier.Heat it up.
Take the corn tortillas and tear them into the size you want.
Put in the tortillas in where you put the olive oil.
Keep an eye on them as they can get brown quickly. Once you have them a nice light brown color take them out and place a paper towel down and put the chips down on it. Now put the season salt on the chips. I suggest you put a little on them so the flavor isn't too strong at first and you can add more if you think it needs more.
Keep on doing this till you have enough.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Butter Garlic Chicken
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2010, 01:09:06 AM »
This is a meal so nice I had to make it twice.

Butter Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:
Chicken
Butter
Garlic (I used powder)
Onions (I used minced)
Soy Sauce (I used Kikkoman)
Pepper
Salt
Parsely

1st Preheat your oven for High Broil

Then take all your ingredients that aren't chicken and mix them in a measuring cup(bowl or whatever) [click here for pics]. About 1-2 stick of butter(depending on how much chicken you're making), just as much soy sauce (pour up to butter level), add some pepper, lots of garlic powder, minced onions and Parsely. Microwave it all for about 1.5 minutes, or until all the butter is melted. stir.

Next wash your chicken, salt and pepper it and lay it out on your lightly greased cooking pan. Pour some butter garlic mixture over top of chicken, saving about half for the other side.

Add extra minced onions and parsely on top of chicken if you like .

Put in oven for 15 minutes then flip your chicken, and add remainder of sauce to other side.

Cook for additional 5-10 minutes. till Golden Brown

I put mine over some sticky rice

spooned some extra butter garlic sauce over all of it.

seriously. this is f'n delicious. and if your chicken isn't frozen, it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish. Juicy chicken .....::drool::.....
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:27:34 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 04:39:03 AM »
Where's your dancing-fried-chicken-eating-dude avatar when you need it. I want to try this. I have some extra chicken in my freezer so I may go for it if I have the other ingredients.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »
Your gonna have to play with the ingredient amounts(I took a guess a what I gave a measurement for). I just kinda threw it together twice, and the last time I had a lot of extra butter that we used to put over the rice and some canned corn. Everything was butter garlic and it was DE-LIC-IOUS!!!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:00:56 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 01:04:46 PM »
I'm going to have to try that one sometime...

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »
Wow. Once again BnM, that looks awesome.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
I like the looks of that chicken recipe.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:37 PM »
Quick question about that last recipe: how did you avoid making it too salty? I know thighs don't need much salt, and soy sauce is full of sodium.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2010, 02:20:53 AM »
I only added a lite salting and peppering of the chicken before hand and the Kikkoman soy sauce isn't very salty. I imagine if you use a stonger soy sauce, then you wouldn't salt the chicken before hand.

The first time I made this with chicken drumsticks and didn't pre-season before saucing it and while it was still good, the meat under the skin seemed to miss something. so the second time around I pre-seasoned with salt and pepper. It came out perfect.

I eyeballed all my ingredients too, so you are gonna have to figure out your portions of ingredients.  I used more butter that was needed and I poured enough soy sauce to almost bury the butter. I would say about a giant spoon worth of butter and just as much soy sauce. I coated the whole mixture in garlic powder, minced onions, pepper & parsley. It was not salty at all.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2010, 03:07:58 AM »
i must eat something by BlackNmild some day.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2010, 04:34:38 AM »
So I have a current favorite simple dish I make at home and was wondering if you all would like to help spice it up a bit.

I make buffalo chicken tacos with chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded cheddar and romaine lettuce wrapped in a flour tortilla. Any thoughts on what would be good to add to it?
My Game Collection

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2010, 02:16:13 PM »
I only added a lite salting and peppering of the chicken before hand and the Kikkoman soy sauce isn't very salty. I imagine if you use a stonger soy sauce, then you wouldn't salt the chicken before hand.

The first time I made this with chicken drumsticks and didn't pre-season before saucing it and while it was still good, the meat under the skin seemed to miss something. so the second time around I pre-seasoned with salt and pepper. It came out perfect.

I eyeballed all my ingredients too, so you are gonna have to figure out your portions of ingredients.  I used more butter that was needed and I poured enough soy sauce to almost bury the butter. I would say about a giant spoon worth of butter and just as much soy sauce. I coated the whole mixture in garlic powder, minced onions, pepper & parsley. It was not salty at all.

Gotcha.  I knew buying the cheap stuff would come back to haunt me!  ;D

So I have a current favorite simple dish I make at home and was wondering if you all would like to help spice it up a bit.

I  make buffalo chicken tacos with chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded  cheddar and romaine lettuce wrapped in a flour tortilla. Any thoughts  on what would be good to add to it?

Blue Cheese is the traditional complement to Buffalo Sauce, as long as your sauce's flavor isn't too weak.  Some diced tomatoes would also be a good option.  Alternatively, consider switching to Honey Buffalo Sauce for a sweeter flavor.  Mostly, I'd just ditch the cheddar and replace it with something sweeter or spicier, unless you're a really big fan of cheddar's flavor: it's not a great complement for Buffalo Sauce.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »
So you made the chicken and it came out too salty?

If you try it again, not only add less soysauce (and no salt), but check your mixture after you microwave it and make sure the soy sauce smell isn't strong. if it is, add more butter and other stuff. It should smell good with a slight hint of soysauce, but mostly like buttery garlic.

Not heavy on any scent, but if you had to identify what was in it, you would mostly smell butter and garlic with a hint of soysauce.

Hope that helps. Sorry about not actually measuring my ingredients so I could type them out.
I'll try and measure them next time.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2010, 05:35:05 PM »
Is this salted butter?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

I  make buffalo chicken tacos with chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded  cheddar and romaine lettuce wrapped in a flour tortilla. Any thoughts  on what would be good to add to it?

Blue Cheese is the traditional complement to Buffalo Sauce, as long as your sauce's flavor isn't too weak.  Some diced tomatoes would also be a good option.  Alternatively, consider switching to Honey Buffalo Sauce for a sweeter flavor.  Mostly, I'd just ditch the cheddar and replace it with something sweeter or spicier, unless you're a really big fan of cheddar's flavor: it's not a great complement for Buffalo Sauce.

I use cheddar because I always have sharp cheddar in the house. I've been thinking about making a cheese blend with provolone and others.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »
Is this salted butter?

Actually I used I can't believe it's not butter if that's makes a difference.
I just use whats in the available, I don't don't do the shopping, so I'm not picky.
and I don't know the difference between ICBINB and actual butter or margarine.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2010, 05:08:06 AM »
My Game Collection