Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY!!!!! SUCKS!!

<< < (2/11) > >>

MarioAllStar:
Looking back, Donkey Kong Country is a pretty boring game. Not awful, not great.

I enjoy well-made video game music.

NWR_pap64:

Originally posted by: 18 Days
No one gets excited about game mucic.
--- End quote ---

You must lack the soul to enjoy it, then...

Seriously, I dare you to say that during a discussion about videogame music. You wouldn't last long.

The best games of all time have featured some amazing even, and even the simple anthems have become the theme for gaming (like Mario and Zelda's theme).  

Mode7:

Originally posted by: 18 Days
No one gets excited about game mucic.
--- End quote ---

I do. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles has some of the most STELLAR VG music I've ever heard. David Wise's work on the DKC series is memorable as well. Of course, great music is nothing without complimentary great gameplay, and the DKC series and FFCC both provided (although, DKCs were deeper experiences altogether).

Pittbboi:
It must be just me, but DKC aged better than Super Mario World, in my opinion. I can't play past two levels of that game without getting bored to tears.

When that game came out, I wasn't at the age where I cared about graphics, I just thought the game was extremely fun....and I still love it.

Oh, and the music was awesome. Sometimes my cousins and I would just turn the game on to have it playing in the background when we were playing board games or something.

MarioAllStar:
Funny, Super Mario World is one of the must "playable" of my childhood classics today. That is, I find that it has aged incredibly well. In fact, the early Super Mario games are all "comfort games" to me that I can still have fun with after all these years.

I suspect nostalgia has a big impact on what games remain fun. Would I enjoy the Power Rangers game for SNES if I didn't have such fond memories of playing it with my best friend? Maybe, but not as much. Still, there have been games where I go back and think, "this is terrible"--my apologies to Mickey Mousecapade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version