Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY!!!!! SUCKS!!

<< < (9/11) > >>

GoldenPhoenix:
Not sure about every Rare game being solid gold up until Conker, did they have a ton of great games? Yes, most definately. But personally I didn't care for Blast Corps because of the controls, DK64 was one of the most boring collectathons around, and Jet Force Gemini had a ton of flaws as well. Besides those though, they definately created some great games. DKC is a well designed platformer as well, unlike so many 2D platformers its challenge was not derived from cheap deaths, or learning "glitches" in order to get further along. Usually when you died in DKC you knew it was usually your fault, not the games.

TheYoungerPlumber:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6352298&st=s-video+switch&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1076628516373 <<< That is roughly the same as the S-video switch I have.  (You have to push the buttons--it is a passive device.)

Smoke39:

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
Not sure about every Rare game being solid gold up until Conker, did they have a ton of great games? Yes, most definately. But personally I didn't care for Blast Corps because of the controls, DK64 was one of the most boring collectathons around, and Jet Force Gemini had a ton of flaws as well.
--- End quote ---

Don't forget about Perfect Dark's horrid framerate.  To me it was bad enough to pretty much ruin the game.

Nick DiMola:

Originally posted by: Smoke39

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
Not sure about every Rare game being solid gold up until Conker, did they have a ton of great games? Yes, most definately. But personally I didn't care for Blast Corps because of the controls, DK64 was one of the most boring collectathons around, and Jet Force Gemini had a ton of flaws as well.
--- End quote ---

Don't forget about Perfect Dark's horrid framerate.  To me it was bad enough to pretty much ruin the game.
--- End quote ---

I had a great time with all of those games especially Blast Corps and Perfect Dark. DK64 certainly had it's boring moments, but I love collectathons so it didn't bother me all that much. It only sucked when you had to go back through a level and crawl it to find the few little things left. Perhaps solid gold doesn't sit well with everyone, but for me at least, I can't think of a single entry that I wasn't fond of.

As far as the VC version of this game (DKC), I can't imagine it being any different at all from the original graphically considering it is simply being emulated. Apparently TYP tested it and that holds true. Playing on an HD TV will certainly ruin the viewing experience but aside from that I can't imagine any differences.  

TheYoungerPlumber:
OK, OK, this is getting WAAAAY off topic.  This is about DKC looking not as good on a modern TV / on VC.  Not "Do you still like Rare games."  In fact, I'm actually going to pretend I'm a moderator and close this thread if I see more talk about Perfect Dark or whether DKC2 was better than DKC. (Which it was.  Oh crap, now I'm doing it!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version