Author Topic: Metroid Dread  (Read 32427 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Dread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »
I don't think the ending of Fusion makes it that hard to think up a sequel. Just introduce a new parasitic substance AGAIN, maybe have the federation as an enemy instead of an ally (not that it matters much, they never seem to do anything in the games), you made Metroid 5.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 05:04:20 AM »
Personally after Metroid Fusion.  The story I would use is that the parasites fused with the suit began to eat and destroy Samus's control of the suit and she loses control and is forced to destory the suit.  This unfortunately happens at the worst time, in a middle of a mission.  

Now she must hunt down a spare suit on the planet and upgrade to the point she can accomplish her mission.

Add in the new bounty hunters trying to hunt down her spare suit parts as well, and trying to kill her...and you have a story with several plot points and twists.

Best of all, you can play as Samus in a brand new light, as a human FIRST.  She may find a basic suit first...and then you graphically represent her armor forming on her as she gains more powers.  (Gravity jumps can be represented by her robotic boots-legs.)

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Dread
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 05:13:54 AM »
I really like that idea because I hate the new suit, it looks like rubber, and Id love nothing more for it than to be destroyed by this parasites, as long as the new suit goes back to the shiny metal I like so much.

I still need to get fusion, is simply imposible to find around here though
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 08:16:39 AM »
There are no parasites left in her, remember? The vaccine removes them and makes her immune to any later infection. She's supposed to have mutated during the infection but when you die in the game she still has a human form. Perhaps she could end up being more like a Metroid, having to feed off the life force of other beings to both survive and produce power for attacks. Not just absorbing parasites or other remains of enemies, getting close to harmless creatures and sucking them dry.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 07:30:09 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
The story I would use is that the parasites fused with the suit began to eat and destroy Samus's control of the suit and she loses control and is forced to destory the suit. With sexy results!

Fixed.

Add in the new bounty hunters trying to hunt down her spare suit parts as well, and trying to kill her... with sexy results!

Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 06:45:32 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Perhaps she could end up being more like a Metroid, having to feed off the life force of other beings to both survive and produce power for attacks.

Well, I certainly have a place on my person she could happily feed upon if she would care to do so.

And she would care to do so.

It is clearly win-win.

I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »
I don't think it matters where a metroid attaches to its victim. And I don't think it's painless to have your soul ripped out by such a creature.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 09:32:25 AM »
Well that all depends if she uses her teeth or not.

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW IM NASTYYYYYYYYYY
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 08:05:03 PM »
No, you're playing with the thought of becoming food for a half-women-half-jellyfish creature.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 01:59:46 PM »
KDR:  Which reminds me of sailors using small squid to aid in adult activities.

Apparently they feel just like the real thing...only Squidy.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »
Out of pure curiosity (no, really) do you happen to know if the squid are alive or dead?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2006, 10:08:32 AM »
PGC Forums: Where Planet GameCube Readers go to inquire about necrobestiality.

Might as well ask if they're underage too, just to complete the trifecta.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 10:12:01 AM »
What do you come here for ... to discuss video games?  Pbbfffffsshhhh ....
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 06:33:32 PM »
creepy... Vudu are you the father of the Squidbillies?
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 07:24:49 PM »
Aha! So that's what Link did with the Bloobers on Koholint Island..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Dread
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2021, 02:11:38 AM »
bump
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2021, 09:24:41 AM »
Good thing we already have a thread for this game, which was announced in 2021.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2021, 10:11:30 AM »
I don't know..... have you read this thread? It ended in a weird place, man.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2021, 12:19:46 PM »
Sub-topic:  Is it better to create a new thread for something like this, or to dredge up a topic from six months 15 years ago?

Poignant quote from this thread!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
I don't know..... have you read this thread? It ended in a weird place, man.

Apparently in a better place than where game development ended at that time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »
I did read through the thread. There were more interesting bits in the 2009 thread for Metroid Dread

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=28494

http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991793p2.html
IGN: [Laughing] We guess that answers it then. Okay, we have to ask about Metroid Dread. It popped up on an internal Nintendo release list awhile back and we haven't heard anything about it since.

Yoshio Sakamoto: This is quite awhile ago. A few E3s back. I can only say right now that this is Other M, it is not Metroid Dread. But as a concept the Metroid Dread idea does still exist within my mind so maybe sometime in the future I will be able to bring that to you.

IGN: Are you burned out on the prospect of doing another 2D Metroid, or does the possibility still excite you, maybe for WiiWare or DSiWare, if nothing else?

Yoshio Sakamoto: It's not as though my team or myself have grown tired of creating 2D games, but I think it's all what the concept is, what the game design is, and what best suits that whether it's on the Wii or DS. So moving forward, if an idea comes up that is best suited for DS then we'll pursue that.

Sounds pretty non-concrete to me. :/

But it felt like Nintendo did more of a bump than I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afUI8nIrGgI

As far as ending in a weird place. Khush it's a matter of semantics. The thread never ended, it just went on hiatus. Just like the game. I'm sure there are some people on these boards that are even at age 20 still too young to understand this freakout by Arlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVH04K63NL8

While my reaction wasn't as big as Arlo's I did yell "yeaaaaash!!!" at my TV when the Dread title card appeared.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 07:36:44 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2021, 08:58:44 PM »
  I myself am hoping for a 2-D with 3-D graphics game. 

I guess Mr. Bloober got their wish with Other M.

Also what a trip back to memory lane with these older posters. Bill, vudu, Hostal Creation and mantidor.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2021, 09:05:32 PM »
Perm, Ario is one of my fave YTers not only for their reactions but their long form deep dives into games.  Their Breath of the Wild video is one of my faves.

That being said I love the direction Dread is going into with its level design and how the gameplay is going to be. Should be a fun if challenging play.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2021, 12:54:32 AM »
I like Samas's suit. It doesn't change much, it's just enough to look different.

The game has a very resident evil 7 vibe, as in there is a constant chase. They had a little bit of that in fusion, but this seems persistent.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2021, 11:34:01 PM »
It's weird. Like a month ago, I was wishing this game would come out already and wanted to get into it. On Monday, someone had mentioned how the game was releasing this week on Friday and I had completely forgotten that it was so close to happening. I guess my attempted Metroid media blackout was kind of working. Now that the day has arrived, I just don't feel like making the effort to go to the store and get it. Maybe because I know I won't have anytime to actually play or get into for a good week. I don't know. Maybe it was the trailer for it again in the last Direct that still had to show some of the surprises in it. But somehow I've just been unable to rekindle the desire of wanting to immediately play this game. (And apparently NWR has as well since there's no review for it as of yet. I know, I know. They probably didn't get an advance copy.)

Part of me kept wondering about getting the Special Edition but just an artbook doesn't impress me anymore. Got the Link's Awakening SE and XC:DE and I've found an artbook is something you flip through once or twice and there's no need to bother with ever again. Samus Returns came with a CD of Metroid songs. XC2 SE also had a CD. That's what I want in a Special Edition. A collection of the music. So, not being able to get the Special Edition hasn't bothered me that much but it has made it seem like there's less urgency because if I'm going to just pick up the regular copy of the game then there will be a bunch of those around.

Then I also think back to the Wii and how many copies of Metroid Prime 3 and even Other M later seemed to flood the used games section of Gamestop. Could pick them up for so cheap. Could be the same thing happens here after a bunch of people beat the game. Now it's like I'm talking myself into not even bothering with it for months. Anyone else ever find themselves losing hype for a game they know they'd really like?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.