Author Topic: Day 6: PONG Mafia XXXVIII  (Read 9028 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Day 6: PONG Mafia XXXVIII
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:25:35 AM »
Day 5 was quite the controversy in Pong Town, as several paddles insisted that Sheriff GoldenPhoenix could not POSSIBLY be dead.  Before being voted out, stevey, the innocent townie, convinced Vudu that something was fishy.   Vudu went out to investigate such a scenario.  While he was snooping around the crime scene, he looked up to see a giant ASTROID coming straight for him.  He'd heard of such things, these futuristic killing machines, but had never seen one with his own eyes.  It had evil, mafia eyes painted on it, and it hit him square on, leaving him dead for sure.

However, later that night, the Doctor was walking by, whistling a tune, when he saw vudu lying there unconscious on the ground.  He raced vudu to the MERCY 4-BIT HOSPITAL and managed to bring him back from the very edge of death.  Vudu was eternally grateful, and ever more curious who would attempt to off him like that.   The mystery deepens...

Results from Day 5:
Death by Vote: stevey (townie)
Hit Attempt/Failure: vudu (Saved by Doctor)

PONGERS
Mop_It_Up
UncleBob
nickmitch
Decoyman
vudu
Kashogi Y. Stogi
DAaaMan64
NuclearSpeed
Stratos

Voting for Day 6 ends this evening at 11 PM CST.

The following players are at risk of death by inactivity if they do not vote today:
nickmitch
DAaaMan64
Decoyman
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Day 6: PONG Mafia XXXVIII
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »

RISE FROM YO' GRAVE!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »
O HAY, can the doc please contact me?  I'd like to thank you for saving my ass.  I think it's been sufficiently proven that I'm a townie.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:33:39 AM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:18 AM »
don't vote nuclearspeed?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:22:44 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »
Going out of town two weeks in a row makes for little-to-no forum time. Also, Rune Factory Frontier. For some better news, I ran a half-marathon faster than I've ever run one before! For some indifferent news, it was still pretty slow. :P

Anyways, good save last night, Doc. Now I've gotta get my head in the game here, or risk letting the mafia take advantage of my vote. THIS GOES FOR ALL TOWNIES WHO ARE JUST COASTING ALONG, NOT REALLY PLAYING.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
VOTE UNCLEBOB
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:18:09 PM »
VOTE UNCLEBOB

Stogi, you're throwing your votes around all willy-nilly. If you don't want your reasoning to be public, want to PM me some evidence? It's Day 6; we should have some by now.
Twitter

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »
VOTE UNCLEBOB
Bad plan. :(

Yesterday, Stogi says I'm a townie.  Today, he's voting for me?  I'm going to have to go back and remove my vote against nuclearspeed, even more so considering that Stogi lead the charge against stevey yesterday.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:22:24 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
i got my reasons

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 03:01:31 PM »
ATTENTION:  Someone claiming to be the doctor has contacted me.  He or she has a pretty convincing argument.

If you are the doctor and you did not contact me it is imperative that you let me know ASAP before I make a terrible mistake.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »
So, where do we go from here?  We don't vote for vudu, it's obvious he's a townie.  I don't like the only other bandwagon that's been started.  I'm fairly certian Stogi isn't mafia...

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »
Simple, UB. First, you start responding to PMs.

Second, vudu: if you saw those "mafia eyes" again (from the asteroid), do you think you could ID them???

Third, I've got a funny feeling about this, and I need to vote today. Vote Mop_It_Up*

*subject to change if new info comes to light
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:01:35 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
vudu: if you saw those "mafia eyes" again (from the asteroid), do you think you could ID them???

Try me.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
vudu: if you saw those "mafia eyes" again (from the asteroid), do you think you could ID them???

Try me.

Well, it can't be me. I'm a dotted line – I don't even HAVE eyes, let alone "evil, mafia" ones. How am I even reading all this? you might ask. I DON'T EVEN KNOW.
Twitter

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »
-.. . -.-. --- -.-- -- .- -. --..--   .- .-. .   -.-- --- ..-   -- .- ..-. .. .- ..--..

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
Simple, UB. First, you start responding to PMs.
You want me to reply to PMs, eh?

There are two mafia members left.
If my chart is correct (and I believe it is), you DAaaMan and NuclearSpeed are the only other players who have never voted against a known mafia cohort.

Which means there's about a 66% chance you are mafia...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:16:01 PM by UncleBob »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
(Pssst ... UB, Mop it up voted for thatguy on day 3 and oohhboy on day 4.)

DAMN YOU AND YOUR CAREFUL EDITING!!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
Yeah, read my chart wrong...  had to fix that... ;)

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
Whatevs, UB. Lame. I just haven't had time to pay attention to this game, and I'm getting little to no feedback from whoever I contact.
Twitter

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
I think the problem lies with the fact that thatguy reached out to so many people, then he turned out to be mafia.  Now, everyone's scared to talk.

On another note, Dear Doctor, it has been advised that I should ask for your protection tonight. As was pointed out, vudu and I are about the most active players in the game right now.  The obvious thing would be for you to protect vudu, so I, and my anonymous tipster, agree that it'd be silly to waste your protection on vudu.  So, protect me...

I thought about sending this message through vudu, as he seems to be in contact with you, but I don't know if I could trust vudu to agree to put his neck on the line in hopes of saving me...  that's assuming that he even trusts that I'm a townie... ;)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Why have you not responded to my PM UncleBob?

I PM'd you over the weekend stating my defense and you have not replied. I am strongly leaning towards you being mafia if you don't do something fast.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »
He's not interested in your defense.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 07:25:29 PM »
Your defense was "I voted for Pale and Dasmos... whoops."
I need more than that to go on.

Stogi - vote for me.  See what happens.

I say vote DAaaMann64

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
resorting to intimidation...

nice touch

btw, I voted for you already.